Page 566 of 671 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616666 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I picked this up today on a whim. I liked it a lot. I thought Roundhouse was cool. He reminded me a lot of Bouncing Boy from the Saturday animated TV series Legion of Superheroes. Looked like him too. Robin doesn't like him much. DJinn and Crush are also very interesting characters. Going to add this to my regular pull.
    As much as I love Damian Wayne Djinn and Crush stole this. I mean everyone was on form but I enjoyed those two the most.

Yep now that you mention it Round House is very much like Bouncing Boy from Legion. I was wondering what was so familiar out him

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ugh. Forum lag. Double post.
    Yeah, those Database errors all day yesterday were a total pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Does anyone remember whennTitans will start double shipping ...internet is being an a-hole and articles aren't showing up for me right now.
    September, wasn't it?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was gonna say some things about teen titans #20 by going through each character and how most of them have a big storyline that will lead the team to some fun arcs but I don't feel like doing that especially with how the forum has been laggy.

I will say that I'm interested in who the The Other(s) is and I want to know who Djinn's master was ...are they a new character or are they a known character like Vandal Savage or since the NAoH books are being cancelled could her master wind up being an immortal character.

Also I like all the new characters, but I hope Roundhouse gets to be more than just a Beast Boy fill in, his powers are cool in that he can change elements but from what I'm seeing the 2 new girls are the ones people are interested in getting to know out of the noobs ...myself included. So I am kinding hoping he is the traitor, cause he is the only noob who doesn't have a storyline all his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, those Database errors all day yesterday were a total pain.
    September, wasn't it?
    Hmm, yes I think it was.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 07-26-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

I think any worries that the fun aspect of T.T would be taken away was answered this issue, it's still there and we saw it in Crush and Roundhouse. Wallace and Emi's short banter was fun as well. I love how Damian went and asked this team this time around. That secret prison will definitely come back to bite him in the ass. I also loved the respect he has in Emi and he was full on in fanboy mode when narrating about her. When Djinn turned her head around that was beyond creepy! I still liked her a lot, and why is KF friends with Millie Brown? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Also I like all the new characters, but I hope Roundhouse gets to be more than just a Beast Boy fill in, his powers are cool in that he can change elements but from what I'm seeing the 2 new girls are the ones people are interested in getting to know out of the noobs myself included. So I am kinding hoping he is the traitor, cause he is the only noob who doesn't have a storyline all his own.
    Damian and Emi both don't want him on the team so the possibility is extremely high.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm loving this team. Roundhouse seems like a filler character though. Like any second they gonna kill him off or boot him. Kathy and Jon would be perfect on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm loving this team. Roundhouse seems like a filler character though. Like any second they gonna kill him off or boot him. Kathy and Jon would be perfect on this team.
    Roundhouse adds contrast to the team. Every time I look at him it's Bouncing Boy from the 2006 Legion of Superheroes animated show. He was my favorite character. I hope he's more than filler.

So end credits scene of TTG is making rounds on twitter. I won't spoil it here but it's gaining more traction.

Extraordinary Member

Kathy who
    Jon not a teen
    Aqualad should have come back, he was Damian's not dicks handmedown

So far I really liked Djinn and Crush, like I wanted. Roundhouse was a meh for me but that can change in the future issues, I guess.

So end credits scene of TTG is making rounds on twitter. I won't spoil it here but it's gaining more traction.
    I'm almost tempted to think that teaser will get more people to come see the movie (which was probably the point).

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Kathy who
    Jon not a teen
    I see Aqualad way too old for this team. Dude seems around Tim's age.

Intergalactic deadbeat LMAO, I loved every page of this. I'm so glad Crush wasn't just teen girl Lobo. Dijunn's a good addition as well, I liked the white girl disguise bit. Roundhouse was fun as well, his powers give me nostalgia vibes (Legion's Bouncing Boy and Ben 10).

Damains prison is obviously gonna blow-up in his face soon so I can't wait to see the blow back from that. The dungeon didn't seems THAT secure and they're all in the same room most likely plotting to escape.

This issue also reminded me of the TT early 2000 animated series.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I really liked this issue a lot. It was well written and I didn't expect to like Crush, as I thought she would be a teen version of Lobo (who I don't like), but I'm glad to be wrong about the character. Really intrigued to know more about Djinn. I wish that Aqualad would have joined too as it's a shame he ended in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Kathy who
    Jon not a teen
    Kathy Branden, aka Beacon. Supporting cast member in Tomasi's Superman. Introduced as a neighbour of the Kents when they were living in Hamilton County, it turned out her and her grandfather were actually aliens. He got killed, so now she's looking after the farm on her own. Last we saw, she and Nobody (Robin's friend Maya) were working together, keeping a Bizarro version of Jon and Damian in check. Her superhero identity Beacon was only introduced in that last arc. She has telekinesis, telepathy, genius intellect, and access to extraterrestrial technology. Her storyline was effectively aborted when Bendis took over the Super books, but maybe she'll show up in Adventures of the Super Sons?

And by the way, also not a teen. She's the same age as Jon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I like that Damian is planning to tell his teammates about the prison, it's not something he wants to keep secret forever but yeah it'll blow up in his face. I did expect the prison to be bigger and not in a vault with midevil cuffs.

I'm looking forwards to future storylines

-The Benefactor reveal
    - Who the Other(s) is
    - The person behind the murder of Crush's foster parents
    - The reveal of Djinn's master
    - Who is the traitor
    - The big possible battle between the titans and these villains
    - The confrontation between teen titans and justice league/titans

And I hope in the midst of this we get some guest starring members b/c I don't think the tone of this issue was a sign that only "rebellious" characters could join.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer