Page 573 of 671 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583623 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 10059
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Nice cover. Welcome back in 2010 : https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._QL80_TTD_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I was digging through my issues and saw that cover today.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    A superfan would be able to make a coherent origin.
    It's really not hard. I've done it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Can anyone explain why Donna's origin is so messed up. Are there a bunch of Donna superfans at DC headquarters that can't decide on one coherent story?
    Donna has always been more of a Titans character than a Wonder Woman one. During the Silver Age it was a popular thing for DC's big heroes to either be turned into younger versions of themselves or team up with young versions. (Superboy, Bat-Baby, Wonder Tot, etc.) After the popularity of Brave & the Bold #54 featuring a team up of the popular sidekicks Robin, Aqualad, and Kid Flash an idea for a team came about. This of course being the Teen Titans, so now DC just needed to fill in the roster a bit more. I don't remember the name right now but the writer or editor at the time thought that Wonder Woman had a sidekick called Wonder Girl. This because of the already mentioned young version team ups. Thus she joined the team even though she was really just a younger Diana. In '61 I think she officially became a separate entity but wasn't Donna yet till the first issue of Teen Titans I believe.

Then she lived and grew until her full story (and personal favorite) was explained in "Who is Donna Troy?". It was explained that she was an orphan saved by Wonder Woman and was taken to Themyscira and became an Amazon. CoIE then screws everything up because Wonder Woman is now a new hero so how can Donna be around and all that. Then she goes through I think at-least 3 different origins. Really the only ones that matter is the Titans of Myth and the Dark Angel because they were both done pretty well. Though they don't really have any connection to Diana. Then in the 90s at some point DC says screw it Donna and Diana are biological sisters again and you figure it out.

I think DC should just say Donna is Diana's younger sister that was made from clay, basically Diana's old origin since DC wants to make Wondy a demi-god.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

That actually IS Donna's current origin, that she was a clay construct created to destroy Wonder Woman, but who was instead taken in by the Amazons. Donna then went off to find her own identity and joined the Teen Titans.

I think this is the issue that established that:
    https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Titans_Annual_Vol_3_1

Of the few things Abnett has done right, this picture works really well as part of the original team's iconography. Thought why is Robin's suit messed up? Where is the R and everything. Can't wait for the next Dick Robin redesign.
    The R is just obscured by Donna's fist.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-21-2018 at 09:06 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Attachment 69636

TEEN TITANS #24
    written by ADAM GLASS
    art and cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    The Teen Titans bring the house down in this issue—and it just might crush them to death! Set up by the mysterious villain known as the Other, the Teen Titans find themselves trapped beneath a crumbling building. The only thing between them and a dirt nap: Crush’s bench-pressing the entire complex. But how long can she hold out? The Titans race the clock against gravity, muscle fatigue and getting squashed like a bug. Plus, Damian’s secret mentor is revealed, and Robin realizes there’s a traitor in their midst!

For some reason the new TT covers surprise me each month... This is not something bad but I am always expecting something different..
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-21-2018 at 12:17 PM.

If Titans #29-30 doesn’t turn out to be a low key mourning arc about Roy, then I’m really excited for it. All I want is for this team to interact and go on adventures and grow as a team. And maybe we’ll even see Donna deal with her issues and get over them, that would be a great relief for me lol. Plus, Minkyu Jung on art means I’m going to enjoy this arc pretty much no matter what.

Of the few things Abnett has done right, this picture works really well as part of the original team's iconography. Thought why is Robin's suit messed up? Where is the R and everything. Can't wait for the next Dick Robin redesign.
    I love Ben Oliver's art so much. I wonder why he hasn't scored a monthly yet. He draws a beautiful OG TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That actually IS Donna's current origin, that she was a clay construct created to destroy Wonder Woman, but who was instead taken in by the Amazons. Donna then went off to find her own identity and joined the Teen Titans.

But it's not the R is supposed to be more connected to his shoulder. Plus he has no belt or weird yellow lines on his sides or crotch arrow. Look I hate this costume but please DC be consistent with your garbage.

Donna has always been more of a Titans character than a Wonder Woman one. During the Silver Age it was a popular thing for DC's big heroes to either be turned into younger versions of themselves or team up with young versions. (Superboy, Bat-Baby, Wonder Tot, etc.) After the popularity of Brave & the Bold #54 featuring a team up of the popular sidekicks Robin, Aqualad, and Kid Flash an idea for a team came about. This of course being the Teen Titans, so now DC just needed to fill in the roster a bit more. I don't remember the name right now but the writer or editor at the time thought that Wonder Woman had a sidekick called Wonder Girl. This because of the already mentioned young version team ups. Thus she joined the team even though she was really just a younger Diana. In '61 I think she officially became a separate entity but wasn't Donna yet till the first issue of Teen Titans I believe.

Then she lived and grew until her full story (and personal favorite) was explained in "Who is Donna Troy?". It was explained that she was an orphan saved by Wonder Woman and was taken to Themyscira and became an Amazon. CoIE then screws everything up because Wonder Woman is now a new hero so how can Donna be around and all that. Then she goes through I think at-least 3 different origins. Really the only ones that matter is the Titans of Myth and the Dark Angel because they were both done pretty well. Though they don't really have any connection to Diana. Then in the 90s at some point DC says screw it Donna and Diana are biological sisters again and you figure it out.

I think DC should just say Donna is Diana's younger sister that was made from clay, basically Diana's old origin since DC wants to make Wondy a demi-god.
    Oh wow, didn't know it went that deep but I guess it had too since it was complicated. Thank you for taking the time to lay it all out for me, I gotta take the time to read "Who is Donna Troy?". I kinda like the orphan story. I feel bad for her fans though, looks like shes been through the ringer.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

But it's not the R is supposed to be more connected to his shoulder. Plus he has no belt or weird yellow lines on his sides or crotch arrow. Look I hate this costume but please DC be consistent with your garbage.

Im a fan of modern robin redesigns but that is awful
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Also I know it's her current origin but I'm talking minus the evil part in the beginning. Have more of her history focused on being an Amazon, being Diana's little sister, etc. This hasn't had too much of a focus before.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Attachment 69636

TEEN TITANS #24
    written by ADAM GLASS
    art and cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    The Teen Titans bring the house down in this issue—and it just might crush them to death! Set up by the mysterious villain known as the Other, the Teen Titans find themselves trapped beneath a crumbling building. The only thing between them and a dirt nap: Crush’s bench-pressing the entire complex. But how long can she hold out? The Titans race the clock against gravity, muscle fatigue and getting squashed like a bug. Plus, Damian’s secret mentor is revealed, and Robin realizes there’s a traitor in their midst!
    Wallace better just vibrate out of there

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Wallace better just vibrate out of there
    this is why you keep a magician on the team djinn

TT 21 was pretty good. Stay gold, pony boy. Ha!