Page 577 of 671 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 10059
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    An actual solid origin might come out of this. If Donna is in it then there is nothing but good things for her.
    It shouldn't be that difficult -- someone at DC just needs to use some common sense and filter out all the crap.

Forget about the artificial/clay/magical duplicate stuff -- and stick to what worked for years. She was a regular human -- somehow ended up on Paradise Island -- and was embedded with Diana-level abilities -- either by scientific or supernatural means. Then she was raised among Amazons and finally returned to Man's World as a teenager (maybe at 16?) under some guidance from Diana. Eventually met up with the other 'sidekicks' and formed the Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It shouldn't be that difficult -- someone at DC just needs to use some common sense and filter out all the crap.

Forget about the artificial/clay/magical duplicate stuff -- and stick to what worked for years. She was a regular human -- somehow ended up on Paradise Island -- and was embedded with Diana-level abilities -- either by scientific or supernatural means. Then she was raised among Amazons and finally returned to Man's World as a teenager (maybe at 16?) under some guidance from Diana. Eventually met up with the other 'sidekicks' and formed the Teen Titans.
    STOP THIS IMMEDIATELY!!! You're making too much sense. Plus, this is too easy and could be explained in a single issue revealing her history.

They would rather take two years to write an even more convoluted 'solution' to the problem (if that's even possible at this point) so that it would still be confusing after they're done.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

Any of the origins work, one just needs to be picked.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Any of the origins work, one just needs to be picked.
    And one that isn't horrible. One that doesn't fight the 60 or so years of Donna's history.

Example of a bad one: A murderous artificial weapon magically created to battle the Amazons.

Another example of a bad one: Magically created clone who led multiple lives in multiple timelines, plus some blabbity-blah about New Cronos and New Titans, then sent back to be an Amazon and ...where was I again?

Example of a good one: Adopted Amazon.

Screw her origin at this point. Just give us good current stuff with her. Easier said then done, but that’s where I’m at with Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Example of a bad one: A murderous artificial weapon magically created to battle the Amazons.
    I really don't get why they didn't just use Rebirth to do away with her New 52 origin. It offered them the perfect excuse.

DC's complete inability to come up with or stick to a decent origin for Donna is almost hilarious .

So Titans is coming out on October 12th. Hell, I hope it's good :c

https://twitter.com/TheDCUniverse/st...52345333858304

Why is Raven with a doll? why are they making her like that? damn...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    So Titans is coming out on October 12th. Hell, I hope it's good :c

https://twitter.com/TheDCUniverse/st...52345333858304

Starfire still looks terrible

Why are they still advertising Starfire in that terrible disco costume? Like, I can get wanting to save her real look for a surprise, but having this be your main visual for Starfire just seems like a bad idea.

Although Beast Boy and Raven just have civilian costumes and they still look better then Starfire...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why are they still advertising Starfire in that terrible disco costume? Like, I can get wanting to save her real look for a surprise, but having this be your main visual for Starfire just seems like a bad idea.

Although east Boy and Raven just have civilian costumes and they still look better then Starfire...
    It's their strategy. They know that people hated the costumes and that people will see the series just for morbid, and when they show the real costumes (I'm still hoping that those aren't their official costumes) they're gonna say "HA! We told you!" and more will start watching giving it a second chance... I guess lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    It's their strategy. They know that people hated the costumes and that people will see the series just for morbid, and when they show the real costumes (I'm still hoping that those aren't their official costumes) they're gonna say "HA! We told you!" and more will start watching giving it a second chance... I guess lol.
    What a sound marketing strategy .

I mean, they've pretty much confirmed Starfire gets a better outfit at some point, but...I dunno. The racist reactions to Anna Diop is unjustifiable, but I would think with all the flak the outfit she keeps getting shown in gets that they would at least give us a tease to her "real" look or something (like the Red Suit in Daredevil).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Although Beast Boy and Raven just have civilian costumes and they still look better then Starfire...
    Its already filmed they cant just edit it off

everyone will get thier costumes at the end jsut like the power ranger movie

This Titans show is built on a shaky foundation already. This style/tone is already working against it and focusing on vague New Teen Titans nostalgia is pretty damn over done at this point.

I know it will never happen and Young Justice is the closest we will ever get to a classic original Titans show but dammit I want to see a harry potter style Titans show that follows the original team growing up in a world full of superheroes as heroes in their own right.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Speaking of Young Justice new clip is out.