Page 579 of 671 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589629 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I agree, but instead of a sword and shield id give her more modern weapons. Ive had it in my head that they should drop the ancient Greek stuff with Donna, and instead modernize her. Have her be the modern Amazon warrior.
    I just want the starfield costume with a lasso.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'd have just given her a staff like this fan art
    https://www.deviantart.com/femmes-fa...file-680411901

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I wouldn't be aganist her having a weapon like that. I'm just tired of the Amazon warrior thing. She has been ignored by the Wondy books for so long except for some stuff in the 90s and late 2000s and all of a sudden they keep trying to push her as some Xena type. It bothers me because it reminds me of the nonsense dreams she had before she died in Titans/YJ Graduation Day, what a terrible story.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

To me, the Raven from the original NTT is a different person than the Raven AKA, Rachel Roth, from Johns 2003 TT.

I like the original Raven a lot. Very complex and unique character. The 2003 one on the other hand seems pretty generic and just a watered down version of the original.

They look and definitely act very different from each other.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    To me, the Raven from the original NTT is a different person than the Raven AKA, Rachel Roth, from Johns 2003 TT.

I like the original Raven a lot. Very complex and unique character. The 2003 one on the other hand seems pretty generic and just a watered down version of the original.

Johns' TT series had a lot of character regression in it. The NTT heroes that were stuck with the team besides Cyborg and Starfire felt new again, not the veterans they should be. Plus Rose went from stable badass working to get away from her father to a snarky crazy girl with a chip on her shoulder with serious daddy issues.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Titans #26 Textless Variant Cover by Jonboy Meyers

Jonboy is an amazing and dynamic artist, I wish he could get a series. Bit yeah, as with everyone else, Donna needs to lose the shoulder pads and sword and shield. Donna has never been about offense, shes defense. I would live to see her moved back in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does she even need a weapon though?

I always feel like the Amazon heroes should focus on hand-to-hand and their lasso's and save any kind of weapons for special occasions.

I think Johns was trying to meld cartoon Raven with NTT Raven, although I haven't read that run in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Jonboy is an amazing and dynamic artist, I wish he could get a series. Bit yeah, as with everyone else, Donna needs to lose the shoulder pads and sword and shield. Donna has never been about offense, shes defense. I would live to see her moved back in that direction.
    I'm still bummed he left the Rebirth Teen Titans book so soon .

I agree with this. I also feel like with creation of the Teen Titans cartoon, Raven's comic book counterpart has been changed to be more like her cartoon counterpart, and I don't necessarily like that change.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I agree with this. I also feel like with creation of the Teen Titans cartoon, Raven's comic book counterpart has been changed to be more like her cartoon counterpart, and I don't necessarily like that change.
    I felt like Beast Boy's character changed the most. Writers(at least until Abnett) really toned down his mental issues and the more darker aspects of his character.

To me Raven's character stayed mostly the same.

I'm surprised that Terra's characterization from the cartoon didn't make its way to the comics(it was sort of there in the New 52 but didn't stick afterwards).

Its also interesting that the cartoon had Cyborg overcome the man vs machine issue and that the comics still haven't allowed him to move beyond that. It doesn't help that he's underutilized in JL.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Starfire still looks terrible
    that costume is one she puts togetrher on earth hiding from the gordonians
    by season end she will have a look that is closer to the starfire we know

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I really hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like it's Raven and Beast Boy's lot in life to keep getting de-aged .
    You speak the true Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    You sound really confident. Are you an insider/working on the show or for DC? It would be great to know that this is accurate.

Not gonna lie, ever since Starfires look was first leaked people kept saying it would get better and it was just this or that. Then more official images and promo images came out, and she still looked pretty much just as bad as the leaked image. So ya, I’m skeptical.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I think this outfit is obviously not her costume. If they went out their way to give Robin and hell even Hawk and Dove their accurate costumes then I don't think Starfire is going to wear a fur coat into battle every time.