Page 586 of 671 FirstFirst ... 86486536576582583584585586587588589590596636 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 10059
    Mighty Member

I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I'm actually curious. What do fans see in characters like Hotspot and Pantha?
    Read Titans Vol2 by Jurgens and The New Titans by Wolfman (and Grummett i love that man ) and you'll find by yourself.

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

I've always liked the Nightwing & Starfire relationship for the most part.

I'm glad Starfire is no longer apart of the current Teen Titans title. Post reboot, I didn't like her being a member of the team.

I would also like for Blackfire to be reintroduced as a villain and as an actual threat in the DCU. Prior to the reboot I always felt she had a lot of potential as a villain but it was never tapped into enough. I think Blackfire should be a major cosmic threat just like her fellow male cosmic villains: Sinestro, Mongul, and Despero.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I've always liked the Nightwing & Starfire relationship for the most part.

I'm glad Starfire is no longer apart of the current Teen Titans title. Post reboot, I didn't like her being a member of the team.

I would also like for Blackfire to be reintroduced as a villain and as an actual threat in the DCU. Prior to the reboot I always felt she had a lot of potential as a villain but it was never tapped into enough. I think Blackfire should be a major cosmic threat just like her fellow male cosmic villains: Sinestro, Mongul, and Despero.
    Both Raven and Starfire have outgrown the TT imo. I'm glad they've both left.

Ultimate Member

I'm actually curious. What do fans see in characters like Hotspot and Pantha?
    Nobody has to justify who they like nor why. We already got a group setting fire to books, stabbing holes in books (targeting a certain demo), harassing, bullying and trying to rally hate for characters.

Like Legendkiller said-read that 1996 series and you will understand.

Or put it another way-Hotspot was the only black male teen active in DC who did not belong to Milestone and actually shown to be something beyond a stereotype (looking at YOU Wally West).
    And who had BOTH parents in his life until Luke Fox showed up 17 years later.

Or YET another original created character (of color) is getting tossed in an event to be death fodder. At a time where folks are screaming why can't they be used.

So yeah folks are going to be miffed about it one way or another. Especially when they get questioned about it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Both Raven and Starfire have outgrown the TT imo. I'm glad they've both left.
    Raven still with the Titans,although her mind is in a different dimension right now. Starfire is probably going to wind up back with them since something is going on with the JL Odyssey book she's supposed to be in. That comic was supposed to come out a while ago and all the delays are making me think that its been cancelled by DC.

As for Hotspot,killing off TT characters for shock value is an old and disgraceful tradition of DC comics that needs to end. Writers could do a lot more with these characters than using them as fodder for an event that is going to be wasted potential anyways(of all the things you could do with the superheroes in therapy gimmick,DC decides to go with the worse possible idea).

I'll get flamed for saying this but the TT franchise as a whole needs to become less dark. Reboot the whole thing if necessary.Ban Judas Contract rehashes , Trigon invades again, Donna's constant identity issues and killing off characters.
    Last edited by king81992; 09-08-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Incredible Member

Hotspot was pretty cool in the Teen Titans show. It's a shame he has to be a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Raven still with the Titans,although her mind is in a different dimension right now. Starfire is probably going to wind up back with them since something is going on with the JL Odyssey book she's supposed to be in. That comic was supposed to come out a while ago and all the delays are making me think that its been cancelled by DC.
    It's not cancelled. Just delayed by a couple of months because two issues had to redone from scratch. It's out on 26th Sept. Two and a half weeks from now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post

As for Hotspot,killing off TT characters for shock value is an old and disgraceful tradition of DC comics that needs to end. Writers could do a lot more with these characters than using them as fodder for an event that is going to be wasted potential anyways(of all the things you could do with the superheroes in therapy gimmick,DC decides to go with the worse possible idea).

I'll get flamed for saying this but the TT franchise as a whole needs to become less dark. Reboot the whole thing if necessary.Ban Judas Contract rehashes , Trigon invades again, Donna's constant identity issues and killing off characters.
    You're not wrong, the problem with the Titans franchise is that DC won't let these heroes grow up so get stuck and stagnate. So they try to recreate great storylines only not as good all the while tarnishing the brand that they built up for years. Then they get stuck in a loop and use the lesser known characters to try to shake up the brand by killing them which has the opposite effect.

The reasons why I love the 90s Grayson team so much is because the original Titans were acting and being treated like an adult team. They were the Titans, they can stand along the JSA or JLA as equals. Granted they did deal with Donna's identity issue again but it was actually treated as character development and main story beat of the series and not some tacked on story. Everyone in the series felt like they were growing and changing while also teaching heroes Damage, Argent, and Jesse Quick. The natural progression of this team is as leaders and figureheads of the superhero community. A group of heroes shepherding in and teaching the next generation of heroes. The problem is DC will never let that happen in the main continuity.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

I created a Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire thread at Comic Vine.
    It shows a great deal about the history between Dick and Kory.
    I posted many comic pictures about their interactions with each other in regards to love and caring as well as the thoughts and feelings of how they were affected by each other. They are from comic issues from the 1980s,1990s Teen Titans,Titans series.
    I also posted a few videos too.
    It was about defending the Dick/Kory ship.
    I wanted to raise a rebuttal to the accusations that it was based on lust.
    It was definitely based on love and caring.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/