Page 591 of 671 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601641 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 10059

Even with the orange skin she looks bad to me. Its the hair and fur jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Even with the orange skin she looks bad to me. Its the hair and fur jacket.
    The hair becomes less of an issue for me with the orange skin. Her outfit is just dreadful though, why that outfit?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    This show is going to end up like the Inhumans and not going to be successful.
    But besides critic reviews we won’t have numbers to compare. Just as we don’t get Netflix numbers you can be darn sure we’ll never see these numbers. And to be honest I’m curious how many subscribers they got I’m one of them but getting this out to mainstream audiences to sign up is key.

Just saw the photo group of everybody together and I almost threw up of how awful they all look. Was it really that complicated to die Raven's hair simply in black? That green in Beast Boy's hair looks like a lot of sick people sneezed on his head and I don't wanna talk about what they have done with the poor actress of Starfire.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLFB View Post
    The actress for Kory does look good but still doesn't fully feel that she's actually Kory, I mean, ok, maybe she'll not havee orange skin, why don't have her eyes being fully green? like, I don't know, maybe an alien would have?
    The problem with Starfire isn't the actress -- it's with the showrunners and how they are handling the character. I get the feeling instead of being a slave of the Gorandians, she's going to be portrayed as some type of sex slave or something. Everyone is saying she looks like a hooker, and now I think that may actually be close to the truth. Yuck! I kinda doubt she'll even be an alien. Once again -- DC goes too gritty. Will they ever learn?!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    The problem with Starfire isn't the actress -- it's with the showrunners and how they are handling the character. I get the feeling instead of being a slave of the Gorandians, she's going to be portrayed as some type of sex slave or something. Everyone is saying she looks like a hooker, and now I think that may actually be close to the truth. Yuck! I kinda doubt she'll even be an alien. Once again -- DC goes too gritty. Will they ever learn?!
    This show is doomed to fail
    These people aren't the Titans..
    These are some other people passed off as the Titans

I also think that they could have gotten another actress - one that has a golden complexion like what Starfire originally had in the comics
    heck...I even think that the model for video game Injustice 2 Starfire look pretty damned good with her tan skin color , and she looks like she has golden overtones
    I like the very,long curly,wavy hair that is auburn like she had originally

we're getting a Starfire that looks like she came from SubSaharan Africa with an unnaturally red jheri curl wig and doesn't even have the eye color
    and only turns orange when she uses her powers which is pyrokinesis instead of the starbolts

UGH!
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

I really don't get DC's decision making when it comes to these characters. It's either lets use them as meat shields, erase their history, or make them darker.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really don't get DC's decision making when it comes to these characters. It's either let's use them as meat shields, erase their history, or make them darker.
    I think I get this particular decision. It's because the only time Robin appeared in live action it was in 66 and Schumacher.
    This attempt gave me a similar vibe to, I think I talked about this before, how they design Tim in Arkham games. Muscular, tall, bald, unsmiling and cage fights. It's an attempt to be taken seriously that goes waaay too far to the other extreme. In comparison to that, this version is more reasonable, and I don't mind dark Raven because of her father.

It could also because they want Robin to be more in line to the preferred depiction of Batman today. The dark, serious, realistic type. It's easier to imagine they live in the same world if Robin is also as dark, dangerous and serious as the mentor.

After they decided what to do with Robin and taking advantage of Raven's heritage to create a consistent tone, everything else follows.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-14-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The hair becomes less of an issue for me with the orange skin. Her outfit is just dreadful though, why that outfit?
    The hair is still a problem for me. That is not Starfire's hair.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The hair is still a problem for me. That is not Starfire's hair.
    well what do you mean by that hair is hair and she has had different styles over the years
    that weave looks towed up tho
    I think some drak braids that trail into and orangy fire colr at the end would have been nice and when she used her power they sparked or ignited

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I think I get this particular decision. It's because the only time Robin appeared in live action it was in 66 and Schumacher.
    This attempt gave me a similar vibe to, I think I talked about this before, how they design Tim in Arkham games. Muscular, tall, bald, unsmiling and cage fights. It's an attempt to be taken seriously that goes waaay too far to the other extreme. In comparison to that, this version is more reasonable, and I don't mind dark Raven because of her father.

It could also because they want Robin to be more in line to the preferred depiction of Batman today. The dark, serious, realistic type. It's easier to imagine they live in the same world if Robin is also as dark, dangerous and serious as the mentor.

After they decided what to do with Robin and taking advantage of Raven's heritage to create a consistent tone, everything else follows.
    Robin isn't a problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    well what do you mean by that hair is hair and she has had different styles over the years
    that weave looks towed up tho
    I think some drak braids that trail into and orangy fire colr at the end would have been nice and when she used her power they sparked or ignited
    I mean like not being long, red, hair that flames and flows when she flies.

I just wish the costume’s were better. The attitude and tone don’t actually bother me. I can actually see trying following what NTT did for its time.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I just wish the costume’s were better. The attitude and tone don’t actually bother me. I can actually see trying following what NTT did for its time.
    The NTT series wasn't trying to push the censors or whatever BS Geoff Johns said. That era just told good stories that treated their characters like people. DC is just trying to spin good storytelling into reasoning for a "mature" tone for their series.

Except NTT was trying to be progressive for its time, and change the perception of what it was to be a teen hero at that time. Just look at Judas Contract. You honestly gonna tell me they weren’t trying to push some stuff with that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-14-2018 at 04:19 PM.