Page 596 of 671 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596597598599600606646 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I thought i saw a cover solicitation for it, with kyle rayner substituting for nightwing.
    If you mean the construct car, that's a variant for November.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Inhumans and Titans are in different situations. Titans is part of the package that goes with DC streaming, not many people will be willing to pay $74.99 a year or $7.99 a month for one show regardless if its good. DC knows that and is counting on more then this show alone, adding old television shows, movies, comics, news, and a supplementary databases of all things DC.

DC is banking on peoples need to be part of a community and I can't see this show as playing the deciding factor on whether they(people) should spend $7.99 a month for the streaming platform... (IMO)
    I subscribed to the DC universe service, and I like what I see.
    I like their collection of movies and shows.

I am also going to keep an open mind about the Titans show even though I cannot stand the character and costume design.
    Speaking of that, it's hard to talk about the casting design without people pulling out the race card.
    I know some critics are racially prejudiced, but not all of them.
    I am definitely not.
    heck...I am multiracial myself and actually don't believe in the racial constructs, especially ones tied to skin color - Black doesn't mean African, and White doesn't mean Europe

any ways....I wish success for the Titans show
    I want it to succeed
    I hope that it helps increase the popularity of the Dick/Kory ship which I have grown to love after reading the old Teen Titans comics
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I've honestly really been enjoying Titans since the dynamic changed. It feels like editorial isn't lording over Abnett anymore and he can actually do stuff that he wants, his characterizations of Dick and Donna are better, Gar and Rachel feel more like themselves than they've been in nearly ten years, the plots are decent and fresh even if I don't like the feeling of Manhunter keeping an eye on the Titans, I still feel like M'Gann is going to double-cross them.

I wonder who the leader is going to be when Dick actually leaves. Donna? Kyle? M'Gann?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Based on the last issue alone I'm starting to like how Donna is sounding.

And I actually like her as the lynchpin of the team. Hell, I actually like the lineup entirely. I still miss Omen though.
    Donna is probably my second favorite Titan, but I just can't bring myself to care for this version. She just feels so hollow even with them sort of retconning a lot of her bad stories, like the slaughtering the male Amazons, since she has been brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Donna is probably my second favorite Titan, but I just can't bring myself to care for this version. She just feels so hollow even with them sort of retconning a lot of her bad stories, like the slaughtering the male Amazons, since she has been brought back.
    It's like the DCEU, it's built on a shaky foundation. Sure it has built up to a nice viewpoint but those problems and issues are still there.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It's just been an issue but she felt right in the last one. I hope that keeps up. I understand how you could not care about her because of the new origin and everything.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I've honestly really been enjoying Titans since the dynamic changed. It feels like editorial isn't lording over Abnett anymore and he can actually do stuff that he wants, his characterizations of Dick and Donna are better, Gar and Rachel feel more like themselves than they've been in nearly ten years, the plots are decent and fresh even if I don't like the feeling of Manhunter keeping an eye on the Titans, I still feel like M'Gann is going to double-cross them.

I wonder who the leader is going to be when Dick actually leaves. Donna? Kyle? M'Gann?
    His Dick is still horrible. It was a joke to me how people thought the previous issue was him writing the character better. Basically copying/pasting what I said in another thread:

"I decided to read #25 because you and others said it was better, but I still don't get the praise. The art in parts was good, like the TV reality stuff, but the whole issue was basically trying to explain Dick's problems and insecurities. The problem is that those were poorly thought out problems from the start that no one liked in the first place. Dick being insecure about trying to prove himself to the JL and his last Titans team failure, him out of nowhere being insecure about being a normal human, him having major trust issues, and him being in the wrong for being upset at Miss Martian for being forced on his team.

Those never made any sense. Dick should be so far beyond trying to prove himself to the JL, and how Abnett wrote that last Titans team was just a joke where he had the JL treat them like children and then blamed Dick for it. He's never been shown to be upset at being a normal human so that came out of nowhere. Abnett also has it in his head that Dick is just a mini Batman and doesn't know that Dick is far more trusting than Batman and is more personable which is what sets him apart from Bruce, and Dick was completely in the right to be upset at the JL and Martian Manhunter for forcing Miss Martian on his team that the JL should have no control over anyway. The whole issue was just dealing with things Abnett introduced that no one liked. Maybe if he used it as a way to write off those things I can see it being good, but I don't think Abnett is going to stop undermining Dick's character on the team given the years of stories showing he won't."

This is all kind of irrelevant now with Dick off the team I suppose. So the people tried of people complaining about the book can rest easier now too. So it feels like a win/win overall with Dick moving on.

No comics, period, on December 26, so that's why Titans #32 wasn't solicited. It's out January 2, 2019 instead.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No comics, period, on December 26, so that's why Titans #32 wasn't solicited. It's out January 2, 2019 instead.
    Are we double shipping that month?

Probably TRIPLE shipping. #32 was originally due on Dec 26, so I would expect #33 and #34 to be on Jan 16 and 30.

If you mean the construct car, that's a variant for November.
    No, I didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I thought i saw a cover solicitation for it, with kyle rayner substituting for nightwing.
    What.. Kyle Raynare replacing Nightwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Krivus View Post
    Here.

SOMEONE KNOWS IF THERE ARE ONE INJUSTICE VS MASTERS OF UNIVERSE ISSUE IN DECEMBER? Like Titans issue, I don´t remember one issue of that comic in newsarama and the next is the last issue..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-18-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

It is odd. They use Bumblebee in DC Superhero Girls yet she isn't being pushed in the main comics? Are they worried it'll look like they're ripping off Marvel's Wasp?
    Bumblebee seems like a character they are interested in pushing, so it's weird that there are no plans for the character anywhere.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Bumblebee seems like a character they are interested in pushing, so it's weird that there are no plans for the character anywhere.
    They like the idea of pushing her but of course they don't like to do it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    No they are not interested in her she just a token