Page 602 of 671 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606612652 ... LastLast
Results 9,016 to 9,030 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

Also, this is an important, but spoiler-filled read for Titans fans: spoilers:
    Spoiler
    end of spoilers
    Cbr is just assuming this and it's coming across as if they're trying to make this comic have a certain prestige by possibly referencing an important subject.

*sigh* If Tom King was actually going for that imagery, I hope he never makes another real world reference to it again; he doesn't have the skills or the nuance to actually pull this off.

Like, sorry but I'm not about this type of exploitation in a book that just murdered a different set of marginalized individuals (i.e the mentally ill).

In any case that article just made me more mad.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 09-28-2018 at 02:31 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How so

I doubt it Donna needs to be recognized by the Wonder Universe
    Donna has always been a character with more attachment to the Titans than to Wonder Woman, even down to her creation.

Look at what happened to Carol Danvers or Tony Stark. They had similar plotlines and came out better on the other side of it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Cbr is just assuming this and it's coming across as if they're trying to make this comic have a certain prestige by possibly referencing an important subject.

*sigh* If Tom King was actually going for that imagery, I hope never makes another real world reference to it again; he doesn't have the skills or the nuance to actually pull this off.

Like, sorry but I'm not about this type of exploitation in a book that just murdered a different set of marginalized individuals (i.e the mentally ill).

In any case that article just made me more mad.
    That's not how it is, this was noticed by individuals on Twitter before the CBR article. It's upsetting more than anything, and goes to show you that you really need more diverse voices. If the editor was black, this wouldn't have gone through this way. The whole story is just upsetting, I don't personally see any merits in the book but that's enough of my opinion on it.

spoilers:
    The tear on the cheek is one thing, the fact that the only black hero in the book is the one dead in civilian clothes while everyone else else is in their costumes, definitely says a lot if you were to look into why him and no one else. It's also pretty messed up that the one thing Isaiah talked about in his confession was his catchphrase and what it meant, and then Superman forgets it, so now he's just another forgotten black kid dead in another senseless murder. And we're talking about Superman, the guy that's memorized Batman's exact heartbeat.
    end of spoilers

Needless to say, intentional or not, it is pretty messed up. And I'm actually a lot more upset about this death than any of the "big" ones.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DoHfHWCUwAIAvxj.jpg
    Okay, this looks way better.
    DC Comics Twitter just now

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    DoHfHWCUwAIAvxj.jpg
    This actually looks very cool!
    I can get behind this!
    I can't wait!

Titans Go! (no...I don't mean that pathetic cartoon show!....hahahaha)
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Beast Boy transformation clip is out. He's cute. I mean... the actor's always been cute, but I see the Beast Boy of him
    https://ew.com/tv/2018/09/27/titans-...mpression=true

Looks like they only have their colors when they use their power. Otherwise, he, Diop and the girl who play Raven keep their natural skin color. Not sure how I feel about that. It's certainly cheaper budget. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I do think their first promotional shoot should've been them in full color, effect and costume. No effect or costume isn't a good gauge on what they'll look as a superhero for a series about superheroes.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-27-2018 at 11:09 AM.

DoHfHWCUwAIAvxj.jpg
    Not a bad poster, but I'm still not sold on some of the other character visuals aside from Robin.
    Beast Boy transformation clip is out. He's cute. I mean... the actor's always been cute, but I see the Beast Boy of him
    https://ew.com/tv/2018/09/27/titans-...mpression=true

Looks like they only have their colors when they use their power. Otherwise, he, Diop and the girl who play Raven keep their natural skin color. Not sure how I feel about that. It's certainly cheaper budget. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I do think their first promotional shoot should've been them in full color, effect and costume because that's what's been breaking the fans. No effect or costume isn't a good gauge on what they'll look as a superhero for a series about superheroes.
    I'm guessing a tiger is the only thing he can transform into, for budget reasons .

I'm also guessing one reason for his actual Superhero costume will be so that he has clothes that he can transform in without ending up naked afterwards.

My eyes!!! what an awful poster.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Donna has always been a character with more attachment to the Titans than to Wonder Woman, even down to her creation.

Look at what happened to Carol Danvers or Tony Stark. They had similar plotlines and came out better on the other side of it.
    I agree with you.
    After all, Donna is one of the original Teen Titans.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Donna wasn't built to be a character like a Stark or a pre memory wipe retcon Carol. A brash character with self harming tendencies. She was always more of a grounding character or the heart of the team that worked well in supporting others. It is what I and others liked about her. I think trying to turn her into some substance abuse tragic character undermines that, but this is Abnett who I still argue writes these characters terribly.

But again I care little for this version of Donna, so I can't really complain here. I don't really care what they do with her. Ideally once Abnett is off the book they will dump all his ideas.

Extraordinary Member

But Titans never ignored it was important to the mythos, Donna loved her athenian heritage even though she knew she was not a true amazon and loved her mother her sisters her island
    all of that is gone..... The problem is now she has nothing without the titans and thus her existance is always fragile, why cant she be like artemis (If dick was only tied to the titans imagine all the nightwing we would have missed out on)

DoHfHWCUwAIAvxj.jpg
    I still don’t understand the need for starfire to be wearing a fur coat.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But Titans never ignored it was important to the mythos, Donna loved her athenian heritage even though she knew she was not a true amazon and loved her mother her sisters her island
    all of that is gone..... The problem is now she has nothing without the titans and thus her existance is always fragile, why cant she be like artemis (If dick was only tied to the titans imagine all the nightwing we would have missed out on)

one of the problems is that Dick's time in the Nightwing has been marginalized
    If it wasn't for his time in the Teen Titans, he wouldn't even be Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Because why not?

Who needs iconography anymore?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I don't either.
    This is a being that can fly out in space scantily clad.
    She is not affected by the cold.
    She's hot on the inside due to being a solar battery.