Page 606 of 671 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616656 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 10059
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. They have been together before so what I'm saying isn't like it's unbelievable or something.
    they have it doesn't end well but they have

I just won tickets to the premiere screening wensday

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I just won tickets to the premiere screening wensday
    Cool! I hope you enjoy it .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It has, it's now 15 years. Bruce has probably been aged up slightly (to around 40), as his own history has also been stretched in the same way, Dick became Robin younger and the other Robins are more spaced out. Five years ago would be when Cyborg became a Leaguer.

It does mean other characters would be aged up too - most of the first two Titans generations included.

And people wonder why Marvel never reboots... we do need a new set of Origins issues. Make it so, DiDio!
    So Justice League was 15 years ago and Cyborg joins 5 years ago. That fits. There's enough time for Teen Titans and The New Titans.

Let's say Nightwing is 25. 15 years ago Dick was 10 when Justice League began. Let's say 2 years later Teen Titans was formed. However long after, they disbanded and lost their memories. Then at 18 Dick, Starfire, and Roy formed the new Titans because he needs to be Nightwing by now. Then 5 years ago, at 20, Cyborg joined the League and Titans disbanded. These are all just estimates by the way, but at least there's time.

Wait, so the current timeline is, every major hero appear 15 years ago? Initially, it was 10 years. 10 years go Diana arrived in Man's world, and Jon was born. I guess they figured it's not enough time because Death of Superman happened before the pregnancy. If it all happened that way, then Death happened without Justice League. So they fixed it.

Wait, so Bruce started at 20. That's really young. He traditionally started at 25. Whatever. Rebirth Diana started at 18. They need to accomodate all the sidekicks. At least everything fits now.

Except for Zero Year and Duke Thomas, but I'll just say that both of them appeared five years ago, and not during the origin of Batman.

Back to Titans, I didn't know how old Ryan Porter is. He looks older but not by much. To me the squickinesss will depend on how old the characters are.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. Holding out till end of season till I complain about costumes. So ready for Donna!
    That's how it SHOULD be. But you know how people are, unfortunately. Honestly..I care more about the quality of the show rather than costume. Everyone else seems to be the total opposite.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    That's how it SHOULD be. But you know how people are, unfortunately. Honestly..I care more about the quality of the show rather than costume. Everyone else seems to be the total opposite.
    Looks are the only thing you have to go off of since the show isn't out yet. Can't really talk about anything else till then.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    A new and much better trailer of the Series.
    What annoys me a little bit, they seem to be OK with Dick becoming Robin at a young age in this series, so why aren't they letting start Jason at the same age?
    Last edited by Aahz; 10-02-2018 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    What annoys me a little bit, they seem to be OK with Dick becoming Robin at a young age in this series, so why aren't they letting start Jason at the same age?
    I want to say it's because they want to have Red Hood in the second or third season, but if that's the case they might as well pick someone taller.

Extraordinary Member

I'm anyway wondering what the timeline for this series will be.
    I mean with Dick being roughly age 12 in the flashbacks and beeing a police detective in the present. Batman has to be active at least something between 10 and 15 years, and Dick must have stopped being Robin 3+ years ago.

And considering that according to the casting call Dick is supposed to be mid 20s to early 30s it might even be a few years more.
    Last edited by Aahz; 10-02-2018 at 06:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

If the writers of the TV show want to shake things up, they should subvert the Judas Contract(assuming that Terra even shows up or the show gets a second season).It might piss off some fans but a lot of fans seem to be pissed off by what little they've seen of the show anyways.

What are they going for with Starfire here?

She seems older than everybody else, her costuming is...odd, and seems to have totally dropped the "sweet and curious offworlder who will break limbs when her moral line is crossed" shtick that made animated star so popular.

Diop is the oldest of the cast. Brenton is only a year younger, but he looks really boyish.

Her story seems to be that she's been experimented and presently has a handle on her power, but there are still parts that she doesn't understand. Could be the result of the experiment which by the looks of it happened on earth. She's keeping secrets on where she came from. It sounds like she's been on earth for a while and in hiding.

That's as much as I can tell.

People have been saying her costume was because she's attending a party, but it looks like it's something she wears all the time. Unless all the trailers only show the first episode.

So I think they're going for "the mom of the group who has her secrets" and "cool big sis for Raven"

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'm anyway wondering what the timeline for this series will be.
    I mean with Dick being roughly age 12 in the flashbacks and beeing a police detective in the present. Batman has to be active at least something between 10 and 15 years, and Dick must have stopped being Robin 3+ years ago.

And considering that according to the casting call Dick is supposed to be mid 20s to early 30s it might even be a few years more.
    At the very least it seems like Dick has been Robin for 10 years, maybe a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post

She seems older than everybody else, her costuming is...odd, and seems to have totally dropped the "sweet and curious offworlder who will break limbs when her moral line is crossed" shtick that made animated star so popular.
    It seems like she's been on Tamaran but has been on Earth longer then she's usually depicted as prior to meeting the Titans.

She also seems to have been on Earth to find Raven and stop Trigon.

The costume I think is just the fault of the costuming department and the writers, especially holding off on her actual Superhero look for so long (granted, they're doing the same for the other Titans).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post

I am not sure how familiar you are with the comics.

In the comics, Starfire has been "sweet and curious offworlder who will break limbs when her moral line is crossed" type of character

Comics Koriand'r aka Starfire existed many years before cartoon Starfire came into existence.

Back in the Wolfman run Titans comics from 1980 to 1996, she is the nicest,sweetest one on the team, and she is also the meanest,deadliest one on the team while fighting enemies.

This had to do with her training by the Warlords of Okaara and her 5 or 6 years in slavery that included forced labor,torture,humiliation, and rape.

Dick and Donna were concerned how violent she was, and Kory believed in killing and didn't understand compassion for enemies. She wasn't remorseful when she was told that she used too much power on people that she fought. She thought they deserved it.
    In New Teen Titans issue #16, Donna talked Kory out of killing a H.I.V.E. man that killed her brief boyfriend Franklin Crandall.
    The issue before that, Donna was concerned about Kory's violence in how she used her power and what she would be like if her full fury was unleashed.

Kory started changing her views about violence and killing after she was in South Africa and learned about apartheid which she totally despised. She strongly hates oppression. She was set up to look like she killed a black South African leader, but she cleared herself. This was in Teen Titans: Spotlight issues #1 and 2. They take place after she leaves Tamaran and returned to Earth after her unwanted marriage of state with Prince Karras to prevent civil war and her fight against her sister Komand'r aka Blackfire. She left Tamaran because Blackfire was allowed to be ruler of it. She decided go back to Earth and patch things with Dick who had broken up with her because of her marriage with Prince Karras. Both Kory and her brother Ryand'r wanted Dick to speak up and stop the wedding, but Dick misinterpreted Kory's smile as acceptance of the marriage instead of her really being happy and hopeful that Dick came to the wedding to stop it. Unfortunately, Dick wasn't open with his emotions like Kory and the other Tamaraneans are.

Kory is so nice that
    when Dick told her about dreaming of making love with Raven which was due to Raven's powers
    Kory wasn't even jealous and was very understanding
    she offered to talk to Raven ,and she did
    She helped Raven understand about her powers and feelings , and Raven listened and she felt ashamed of what happened and she wanted help
    Kory befriended her and she became very good friends with Raven. They really bonded.
    This was all in New Teen Titans Volume 2, issue #39

She has been the type that sees something wrong with the person and wants to help him/her.

She sees the Titans as her family.
    She's like the heart of the team in the Wolfman Titans run

She's very passionate about those she loves and cares about, but she's also equally passionate in hating her enemies and fighting

She helped Dick open up emotionally, and Dick helped her with restraint.

I actually like comics Starfire (especially the Wolfman run) far more than the cartoon Starfire.
    I didn't even like Starfire when I was watching the cartoons.
    I really didn't care for the Teen Titans cartoons.
    It was after watching the Teen Titans animated movies and reading a lot of the Wolfman run Titans comics, that I have grown to like Starfire to the point that she is my favorite Titan. I really like her as a character. I really like the relationship that she had with Dick in the Wolfman run and that she has in the animated movies. I like Kory in both the comics and animated movies. I used to be Dick/Barbara fan, but I am now a Dick/Kory fan. I now prefer Dick getting with Kory instead of Barbara. After reading and learning about the retcons, I strongly dislike Dick/Barbara now.
    I realized that Dick/Kory was one of the most popular and iconic couples in DC comics during the 1980s and 1990s. They still are popular and iconic in overall media due to the cartoons and animated movies.

Maybe the Titans show will do more for Dick/Kory's popularity and iconic status as well as Kory's popularity.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-02-2018 at 02:11 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Diop is the oldest of the cast. Brenton is only a year younger, but he looks really boyish.

Her story seems to be that she's been experimented and presently has a handle on her power, but there are still parts that she doesn't understand. Could be the result of the experiment which by the looks of it happened on earth. She's keeping secrets on where she came from. It sounds like she's been on earth for a while and in hiding.

That's as much as I can tell.

People have been saying her costume was because she's attending a party, but it looks like it's something she wears all the time. Unless all the trailers only show the first episode.

So I think they're going for "the mom of the group who has her secrets" and "cool big sis for Raven"
    It seems like a mix of Teen Titans: Earth One Starfire meets Geoff Johns and New 52 take on Starfire (Without the more on the nose sexual elements) with elements of Marv Wolfman/George Perez take as opposed to the animated version which to a lot of people is the definitive take of Starfire and the main way to handle her character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    It seems like a mix of Teen Titans: Earth One Starfire meets Geoff Johns and New 52 take on Starfire (Without the more on the nose sexual elements) with elements of Marv Wolfman/George Perez take as opposed to the animated version which to a lot of people is the definitive take of Starfire and the main way to handle her character.
    I like the Marv Wolfman/George Perez comic version much better than the cartoon version.
    If the cartoon version was like Wolfman/Perez version, I would have liked Starfire and the Teen Titans cartoon.

I really don't like her personality nor appearance in the cartoon. I like her personality and appearance in the comics.
    I don't even like the Teen Titans cartoon. I wished that it had a mature and serious tone like the 90s Animated Universe and Young Justice.

I like Starfire as the super-powered alien warrior princess who was trained by the Warlords of Okaara and was in slavery for 5 to 6 years and became a superhero that wants to keep others from going what she went through.

Creating Starfire

[from Focus on George Pérez]

Pérez: “The Starfire character was something that Marv did want to do, he wanted to have a strong female alien character. […] I worked first from a visual point of view, devising the feline look to Koriand’r, off the basically Red Sonja look at first. Joe Orlando was the one who came in after seeing the original drawing and saying, “Make her hair a little longer,” and little did he know what he wrought.

George discussed the Titans, as well as how they are artistically-interpreted. Starfire, who is a particular fan favorite, is the free spirit of the team. She’s a contributing factor in the miraculous maturing of Dick Grayson. Koriand’r is nymph, stoic, and warrior laced into one being; a wild sexuality, gentle innocence, and samurai toughness which all combine into one of the most quick-thinking, authentically optimistic, and well-received characters in contemporary literature. The product of a culture where total honesty is the creed, the duplicity of human behavior is a constant wonder for her. She is each of us, without our troublesome masks and fears.

Starfire Q & A from Comics Journal #79-80

DECKER: The characterization of Kory – … I’m not sure how you pronounce that name.

WOLFMAN: Kor-e-an-door. Spelled differently, it’s a spice. It’s the first time I’m revealing it. C-o-r-i-a-n-d-e-r, and I adapted it

DECKER: Her characterization is interesting in that she’s almost a very well-developed nymphet.

WOLFMAN: Yes, that’s part of it. She also is very innocent and she’s been tortured and has had a lot of other problems, but it hasn’t affected her basic personality. I assume there was a point that you were going to make about her being a nymphet, though she doesn’t jump into bed with everybody.

http://www.titanstower.com/starfire/

If you're not familiar with Red Sonja
    she's a comic book scantily clad warrior with long red hair
    Brigitte Nielsen played her in a movie
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-02-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.