Page 622 of 671 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 10059

He’s angry and frustrated, and I think his emotional journey in the series is gonna be about working through that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get we're supposed to think Robin being this brutal is because working with Batman and in Gotham made him this way, but you'd think if he was conscious enough of that to leave Batman and Gotham then he would then try and not fight crime like that.

Although maybe that's really the only way he knows how to fight crime, which I guess then begs the question of whether Dick was acting like this when he first became Robin.

And "@$%# Batman" was still a dumb line even in context.
    The simplest yet poorest way they could take Batman and Robin's violence would be to just make Batman be a brutal and at times lethal vigilante and that it took Robin a few years to realize why that was a bad thing.

The smartest way they could take it would be to have Batman and Robin start off as tough and dangerous but still controlled and disciplined vigilantes who steadily got more bloody and brutal as time went on because Batman thought they had to, with Dick breaking away when he thought he went too far.

We know Jason Todd is going to be used as a foil for Dick in regards to what he thinks a good vigilante should be vs Batman's orthodoxy, so we're going to get an answer there. "Batman is a killer" could be anything from a fighter who won't risk his or his ward's safety to safe opponents in dire straits to a straight up executioner: the answer is likely somewhere between them, since Jason Todd's existance implies an eventual Red Hood appearance, and outright assassination would be distinct enough to draw a contrast with a strictly reactionary Batman.

Either way, the violence and lethality element is exactly the kind of thing Geoff Johns should theoretically have been able to guide in a constructive way. He's got the chops to do something good with the idea, but he's also shown an ability to overlook inconvenient elements at times if he has an idea.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Question -

If Teen Titans role is the 'Sidekicks and young heroes learning the ropes' what is the Adult Titans team for exactly ? Considering the JL are around?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Question -

If Teen Titans role is the 'Sidekicks and young heroes learning the ropes' what is the Adult Titans team for exactly ? Considering the JL are around?
    they're a family.

Question -

That question is exactly what Rebirth Titans should have been exploring and confronting head on.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-15-2018 at 01:55 AM.

Given the Stargirl series the JSA will be around as well. So the universe they are creating will have these established superhero teams where it might be tough to really have the adult Titans find their place as a big team once they keep adding members.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Also the idea of the Titans forming with the original sidekicks coming together bothers the hell out of me. Just like it did with the cartoon series. Without Donna why the hell would they call themselves Titans?
    Well you could have the same problem if/when Dick starts to call himself Nightwing. Are they going to explain where the name properly comes from or will they just have him start calling himself Nightwing out of the blue.
    Last edited by Badou; 10-15-2018 at 02:37 AM.

Speaking of JSA do you think power girl can make it on the service? With both the JSA being there and supergirl already on cw, I hope they bring her in.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Question -

DC themselves don't know, that's why that team never go anywhere and not as promoted as either Teen Titans and Justice League. This new Titans series is about the formation of the team and more like Teen Titans but with adult characters instead of an established team with its own goals.

Titans is a hangout place for former sidekicks and a continuation of that team, but beyond that I can't tell what's their role

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Just watched the first episode of Titans.
    Dark and gritty, everyone is out of character and spoilers:
    a killer
    end of spoilers. There's nothing in there that made me love this team in comics since 80's.
    Starfire is dressed as a bitch, impossible to think other way.

The only way to appreciate this show is watching it as an elseworld without looking for everything I always found and appreciated in Titans comics.
    Watching it in this viewpoint, it's a good start.
    Robin costume is awesome and i like Raven too. Plot is interesting and hooked me.

Astonishing Member

Question -

It seems DC consider the Titans still a group of heroes under Teen Titans section:
    https://www.dccomics.com/reader/#/comics/441916

In other words, DC does not see Titans close to the level of JL. Teen Titans has precedence over Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Just watched the first episode of Titans.
    Dark and gritty, everyone is out of character and spoilers:
    a killer
    end of spoilers. There's nothing in there that made me love this team in comics since 80's.
    Starfire is dressed as a bitch, impossible to think other way.

The only way to appreciate this show is watching it as an elseworld without looking for everything I always found and appreciated in Titans comics.
    Watching it in this viewpoint, it's a good start.
    Robin costume is awesome and i like Raven too. Plot is interesting and hooked me.
    Is not a Elseworld like you need to see all these adaptations? I mean changes will always happen.

Robin is violent, but not a killer.

Starfire clothes gives the impression of a prostitute, but it seems that she is going to wear a more iconic costume later. Although her costumes in the comics were not exactly modest.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Is not a Elseworld like you need to see all these adaptations? I mean changes will always happen.

Robin is violent, but not a killer.

Starfire clothes gives the impression of a prostitute, but it seems that she is going to wear a more iconic costume later. Although her costumes in the comics were not exactly modest.
    I always hope to have a faithful depiction of characters, but you're right, it's always different.

I'm persuaded that some of the bumps Robin inflicted are fatal. Raven and Strafire certainly did.

Lol, you're right even here, Starfire's usual clothes are not modest at all! Anyway that fur is awful.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I'm persuaded that some of the bumps Robin inflicted are fatal. Raven and Strafire certainly did.
    I agree that Robin attack seems pretty lethal, but he doesn't kill them. The actor even say that the problem of Dick with Batman was that Batman was killing.

That said, it's still a pretty valid criticism that the scene has focused so much on the violence that it was not clear that Robin did not kill them.

Starfire killed at the beginning in the comics. That was a problem in her relationship with Dick. So, they may develop that route in the series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Saw the preview for the new Titans issue coming out tomorrow and it just looks like so much fun.

Who's excited to be a Titans fan now huh??
    Ya know -- that mini-series leading up to Rebirth really had me excited. It was an interesting means of bringing back the old gang. Then the ongoing came out -- and just seemed to be mostly about Wally. I was happy Wally returned, but his was more like Wally and Friends. And while the Booth are had a lot of energy -- it way lacked in storytelling. Horrible poses and expressions! And the Bumblebee story was disappointing -- I preferred the old origin. Also, not Hawk & Dove.

And now we only have Dick and Donna -- and a bunch of other characters in whom I have no interest. I'm not a fan of the modern Beast Boy and Raven. They were better off on the Teen Titans book (which I don't read). Hated to do this, but I cancelled my order at the shop. That means I'll probably miss the issues with Garth, but that's a small price to pay to get away from this dung heap.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I agree that Robin attack seems pretty lethal, but he doesn't kill them. The actor even say that the problem of Dick with Batman was that Batman was killing.

That said, it's still a pretty valid criticism that the scene has focused so much on the violence that it was not clear that Robin did not kill them.

Starfire killed at the beginning in the comics. That was a problem in her relationship with Dick. So, they may develop that route in the series.

yep
    Starfire killed some Gordanians before she escaped from the slaveship.
    She killed Olympian giants. One of them was going to kill Victor.
    She killed her last slavemaster which was going to lead to her execution before she escaped from slavery.

She changed her attitude about killing after she spent time in South Africa and learned about apartheid, was framed for killing a freedom leader
    New Teen Titans Spotlight issues #1, 2
    I really enjoyed those issues
    it was perfect for a character that hates injustice and oppression with a passion
    I like the comic Starfire (well..Wolfman run) way more than the cartoon Starfire.
    She's my favorite Titan because of the comics.

I am hoping to see the conflict between Dick and Kory over killing in the live action show like there was in the comics.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-15-2018 at 10:34 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.