Page 637 of 671 FirstFirst ... 137537587627633634635636637638639640641647 ... LastLast
Results 9,541 to 9,555 of 10059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'll be honest Abnett's Gar, Rachel, and current Donna are better than they have been in a LONG, LONG time. Dare I say good even?
    No. Ten characters.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 73418
    Fab five will always be my favorites.
    So sick of them not getting their dues. Everyone is so butchered in the comics right now (at least Garth has a few good recent showings) and they are always overlooked in other media. I really want to pitch an animated tv series or movie (in the Darwyn Cooke style) to DC that focuses on Silver Age style adventures. It really think something like that would be a hit, fill the void that Brave and the Bold left but not retreading old ground.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    So sick of them not getting their dues. Everyone is so butchered in the comics right now (at least Garth has a few good recent showings) and they are always overlooked in other media. I really want to pitch an animated tv series or movie (in the Darwyn Cooke style) to DC that focuses on Silver Age style adventures. It really think something like that would be a hit, fill the void that Brave and the Bold left but not retreading old ground.
    Preach. I would love a show like that. Maybe a bit of an injection of Young Justice in there as far as the young teenager characterization. But definitely just focus on the core five with that silver age wholesome funness and superhero joy and fun.

The fab five have all such diverse personalities and cool dynamics. Robin the leader and sometimes serious one. Wally the fun one but the heart of the team. Garth the innocent, kinda naive one but the powerhouse of the team. Donna the sweet heart of the team and the glue. And Speedy the street smart but snarky one of the group.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Amazing Member

I feel like the Teen Titans in general get butchered. So many meaningless deaths..

https://i.redd.it/dw4gu5n8ok811.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxander12 View Post
    That meme fits perfectly with the terrible Titans show.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Amazing Member

That meme fits perfectly with the terrible Titans show.
    Eh, I think Titans is pretty alright, probably not topping Black Lightning(My favorite DCTV show). It's one of those dark shows that, although it's heavily gratuitous violence, is actually pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxander12 View Post
    I feel like the Teen Titans in general get butchered. So many meaningless deaths..

https://i.redd.it/dw4gu5n8ok811.jpg
    I posted a pretty comprehensive list about the literal butchering of these characters a while back.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Preach. I would love a show like that. Maybe a bit of an injection of Young Justice in there as far as the young teenager characterization. But definitely just focus on the core five with that silver age wholesome funness and superhero joy and fun.

The fab five have all such diverse personalities and cool dynamics. Robin the leader and sometimes serious one. Wally the fun one but the heart of the team. Garth the innocent, kinda naive one but the powerhouse of the team. Donna the sweet heart of the team and the glue. And Speedy the street smart but snarky one of the group.
    The dynamics are so great between them, I always want to see more Roy and garth. Roy and Garth is always underrated. They are almost always at each others throats but as they get older they form a better respect and understanding of each other.

The dynamics are so great between them, I always want to see more Roy and garth. Roy and Garth is always underrated. They are almost always at each others throats but as they get older they form a better respect and understanding of each other.
    Garth is like the forgotten Titan. He definitely can do with more of the spotlight. Roy I can do with less of.

I don't remember Garth and Roy going at it. I do remember Wally and Roy arguing though. Usually fighting over Donna. lol.

And of course Dick and Wally together were always great.

RCO023_1468900233.jpg

Garth is like the forgotten Titan. He definitely can do with more of the spotlight. Roy I can do with less of.

I don't remember Garth and Roy going at it. I do remember Wally and Roy arguing though. Usually fighting over Donna. lol.
    Roy would go at it with everyone, that's just how he is but it was more pronounced with Garth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'll be honest Abnett's Gar, Rachel, and current Donna are better than they have been in a LONG, LONG time. Dare I say good even?
    I second this, PROUDLY. I haven't liked Gar, Rachel and Donna for a minute until Abnett came along. The last time i liked those characters were under Johns and Grayson. I'm glad you're enjoying. I usually get tired of folks (especially on this thread) shutting others out due to their thoughts reflecting the majority. Thanks for speaking up.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Donna has been atrocious. No idea how people can defend Abnett's version of her. I guess because Finch's version was maybe even worse, but I don't think Abnett writes a good Donna at all. A far cry from her pre-New 52 self.

I still maintain that the character he enjoyed writing the most was still Roy. Even all the way back to Titans Hunt he felt like the only character he liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Donna has been atrocious. No idea how people can defend Abnett's version of her. I guess because Finch's version was maybe even worse, but I don't think Abnett writes a good Donna at all. A far cry from her pre-New 52 self.

I still maintain that the character he enjoyed writing the most was still Roy. Even all the way back to Titans Hunt he felt like the only character he liked.
    Abnett's Donna feels more like a Roy that has fallen off the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I second this, PROUDLY. I haven't liked Gar, Rachel and Donna for a minute until Abnett came along. The last time i liked those characters were under Johns and Grayson. I'm glad you're enjoying. I usually get tired of folks (especially on this thread) shutting others out due to their thoughts reflecting the majority. Thanks for speaking up.
    Who shut someone down?