Page 649 of 671 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 10059

DC brought me in with Rebirth, and is now driving me away post-Rebirth from all but a few titles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There aren't that many fans or writer interest for Gnarrk, or else he would be much more visible and used than he is. He's made 32 appearances since 1971. You liked him and talked about him, fine. Not many others did.

Whenever Z-listers get killed off in events, there is a deluge of comments about how they had potential to be the best character ever, but there isn't a lot of support or interest (in raw fan numbers) when they are actually around.
    True.

Many people comment more on these characters because they are tired of excessive deaths. However, there were not so many people talking about many of these characters before.

Of course, Wally, Roy and Ivy are exceptions, since they have more fans. However, their deaths are not going to last..
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-28-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Ultimate Member

There aren't that many fans or writer interest for Gnarrk, or else he would be much more visible and used than he is. He's made 32 appearances since 1971. You liked him and talked about him, fine. Not many others did.

Whenever Z-listers get killed off in events, there is a deluge of comments about how they had potential to be the best character ever, but there isn't a lot of support or interest (in raw fan numbers) when they are actually around.
    You can ONLY use guys that editorial allows you to use.

Many have various reasons as to why they are not used. Some legit. Some stupid. Some racist or sexist or homophobic in nature.
    Sometimes the writer who can do something with a guy NEVER goes to DC for whatever reason.

As for potential-YES that is true for ANY character. They just need the right person or a LEGIT shot.

Let me remind everyone of a few-

Supergirl-she got KILLED off. Then came Peter David-she had a solo for now 20+ years.
    Titans were a DEAD franchise until Perez, Wein & Wolfman showed up.
    BLACK PANTHER. Gee what if Marvel did an event and killed him off before Priest got him? Would there be a BILLION dollar film with his name?
    Ms Marvel was suppose to FAIL after issue 6-she has over 50 issues now.
    Let not talk Squirrel Girl.
    Or Rocket Raccoon or Antman

What is IRKING fans now is why are so many linked to a certain franchise getting offed?
    Why are guys like Gunfire who has not been seen for almost 20 years getting dusted off for death fodder?
    And some had fans who DC choose to IGNORE.

So I guess the only thing DC knows what to do with Titans in limbo, or Titans in general who aren't Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire, is kill them off or just demean and degrade them.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess the only thing DC knows what to do with Titans in limbo, or Titans in general who aren't Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire, is kill them off or just demean and degrade them.
    Don't forget they like to make new ones too so they have future cannon fodder waiting in the wings (I'm looking at you the new kids of Teen Titans books)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You can ONLY use guys that editorial allows you to use.

Many have various reasons as to why they are not used. Some legit. Some stupid. Some racist or sexist or homophobic in nature.
    Sometimes the writer who can do something with a guy NEVER goes to DC for whatever reason.

As for potential-YES that is true for ANY character. They just need the right person or a LEGIT shot.

Let me remind everyone of a few-

Supergirl-she got KILLED off. Then came Peter David-she had a solo for now 20+ years.
    Titans were a DEAD franchise until Perez, Wein & Wolfman showed up.
    BLACK PANTHER. Gee what if Marvel did an event and killed him off before Priest got him? Would there be a BILLION dollar film with his name?
    Ms Marvel was suppose to FAIL after issue 6-she has over 50 issues now.
    Let not talk Squirrel Girl.
    Or Rocket Raccoon or Antman

What is IRKING fans now is why are so many linked to a certain franchise getting offed?
    Why are guys like Gunfire who has not been seen for almost 20 years getting dusted off for death fodder?
    I would like to remind you that Gnarrk was part of a Teen Titans era that made it a a dead franchise. The run that caused Marv Wolfman's peers to laugh at him when he told them he got the assignent. Hot Spot was part of another. Wolfman himself even killed Gnarrk off in a off hand mention at Donna's wedding pre Crisis

Don't pretend that Black Panther, a Jack Kirby creation, was ever as obscure as some Z list Titans.

The Supergirl Peter David used was not THE Supergirl.she didn't come back until Loeb brought her back. And before her death, she had a bigger role and more appearances than Gnarrk did between 1971 and NOW.

If this story ends up as the straight up deaths of Wally, Roy and Ivy, who are all proven valuable assets at one point or another, then shame on them. But do We know if editorial cares enough about them either way to actively prevent their use? Not everyone's a winner worthy of attention. And you assume there are writers banging on the door demanding to use them. Wally and Cass? Probably. Odds are doubtful for some of these others.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 11-28-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

On a more positive note,Donna seems to be getting out of her funk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Of course, there are characters who have fans DC choose to ignore.

That isn't new at all. It happened with a lot of characters on the past (For example: The topic with women in refrigerators).

If they aren't extremely good (and consistent) sellers, DC could kill them for shock value. That seems to be DC logic.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-28-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    On a more positive note,Donna seems to be getting out of her funk.
    I can't be completely hopeful until Abnett goes away.

Astonishing Member

I can't be completely hopeful until Abnett goes away.
    I don't think it will be truly hopeful until the Titans/TT franchise is completely rebooted and rebuilt from the ground up.Preferably with no unnecessary character deaths or rehashed storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I don't think it will be truly hopeful until the Titans/TT franchise is completely rebooted and rebuilt from the ground up.Preferably with no unnecessary character deaths or rehashed storylines.
    Or just give them their own universe, since it doesn't seem like DC Editorial is all that invested or interested in the Titans as a brand in the comics.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly what Donna did in Titans #30 is the most Donna Troy thing that she's done since she got back. I'm almost ready to say 'welcome back, Donna Troy.'
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Or just give them their own universe, since it doesn't seem like DC Editorial is all that invested or interested in the Titans as a brand in the comics.
    A Titans universe where Dick's gen are the JL and some of the other characters are establishing themselves as heroes would be a lot more respectful than what we've got over the past few years.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I second this again. I think everyone would be happy with this. The fans who actually like these characters and the people in charge of DC who don't like them. And please for the love of god do not put Didio in charge of that universe.

I think Morrison's Multiversity one shot (forgot the name), came close to it.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mighty Member

Funny. When i said something similar to the effect about Hotspot, people threw tantrums and got up in arms.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K