Page 65 of 671 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I've been tweeting and re-watching YJ for the past 2 months.
    lol same here. i want a 3rd season so bad! i'll be picking up the blu's next paycheck. anyone else gonna buy them? hopefully it actually helps bring YJ back.

Agree to disagree, the trucker/baseball hat is just plain ugly.
    And the dorky Robin Hood cap isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This doesn't look dorky to me.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

At least the Robin Hood cap doesn't instill images of dudebros and Ashton Kutcher like the trucker hat does, lol.

That looks super dorky. Some things are just too dated to ever look cool again. I mean here, do me a favor. Go out and wear one in public, somewhere thats not a Renaissance Fair, and see how it plays .

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    At least the Robin Hood cap doesn't instill images of dudebros and Ashton Kutcher like the trucker hat does, lol.
    Its a trucker hat. Its not the worst thing in the world. Dudebro is still a better, and more modern, look than Perter Pan. Im not for the trucker hat, but if i had to choose between trucker hat/baseball cap or Peter Pan's hat. Ill take the trucker hat.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-11-2016 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    So..there needs to be a reason to justify a hat now?
    Nope. Not at all. Just making conversation.

Trying to find some common ground between people who don't like it, and people who do is all.

Cool. Loved some of his Arsenal looks too though.

That looks super dorky. Some things are just too dated to ever look cool again. I mean here, do me a favor. Go out and wear one in public, somewhere thats not a Renaissance Fair, and see how it plays .
    It's not about realism, go outside in a Batsuit or wear a cape and people will think you're crazy. Does that make those costume elements dated?

I think it looks cool, superhero costumes are supposed to look flashy and strange.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm not really a fan of the baseball cap, but the baseball cap is still better than the robin hood cap. The baseball cap isn't that bad.
    Okay.

If you say so.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Bleeding Cool has a blurb on the new Teen Titans book, a detail that sheds some light on how the team comes together and why, as well as Damian's perspective on his new teammates. He's not a very nice boy, that Wayne child.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    Bleeding Cool has a blurb on the new Teen Titans book, a detail that sheds some light on how the team comes together and why, as well as Damian's perspective on his new teammates. He's not a very nice boy, that Wayne child.
    His attitude is why I am hoping we get to see more of this:

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Greg is a good writer, actually I think he's writing two comics for Marvel right now and I think he may have finished off the whole Star Wars Rebels area of Kanan.

Damain is a brat at times, he's gotten better, but I do like that PG put him in his place. He does need a kick in the pants now and again. By the way, who wrote that BC piece? That doesn't sound like him at all, or at least the comic version, movie version from TT vs JL, maybe?

Hat on Roy needs to go. Tattoos, I accepted the idea of the tattoos having a meaning when they had a meaning behind them, and that in some cases they're works of art, but that hat..ugh. Honestly there are some awesome hats out there that he could wear that could suit him far more then the hat they designed for him. He needs something sleek that shows that he's not just an idiot character as they've been making him out to be.

Amazing Member

To be fair, everything looks good when Perez is holding the pen. I bet even the baseball hat and tattoos wouldn't look stupid if he drew them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Greg is a good writer, actually I think he's writing two comics for Marvel right now and I think he may have finished off the whole Star Wars Rebels area of Kanan.

Damain is a brat at times, he's gotten better, but I do like that PG put him in his place. He does need a kick in the pants now and again. By the way, who wrote that BC piece? That doesn't sound like him at all, or at least the comic version, movie version from TT vs JL, maybe?

Hat on Roy needs to go. Tattoos, I accepted the idea of the tattoos having a meaning when they had a meaning behind them, and that in some cases they're works of art, but that hat..ugh. Honestly there are some awesome hats out there that he could wear that could suit him far more then the hat they designed for him. He needs something sleek that shows that he's not just an idiot character as they've been making him out to be.
    The BC piece text was taken from DC Comics Previews print edition I believe, which apparently has more Rebirth content than the digital edition which is just solicits, so BC has been snapping photos and transcribing text from a physical copy they have. One would assume it was pulled from some early draft of Ben Percy's or just something he scribbled down for what amounts to a press release, it's possible some other writer or editor put it together as well, but I don't see why it wouldn't be Percy. I don't have a huge problem it, it sounds arrogant and slightly out of touch with how emotionally healthy people regard other people, which is not out of Damian's wheelhouse. I imagine Percy's version of Damian's "voice" will change over time, as I imagine the point of the book is for Damian to grow not to be such a complete outright ass towards people, he's gotten better, but that's just to his immediate circle like Alfred, Dick, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    ... as I imagine the point of the book is for Damian to grow not to be such a complete outright ass towards people, he's gotten better, but that's just to his immediate circle like Alfred, Dick, etc.
    That usually where I am at when I argue with people who say Damian isn't like that any longer, that he's changed and so on. He may have changed when he it with Dick, Bruce and the other Gothamites. But he is still like that when he is encountering new people that havent earned his respect, and even then it's difficult for him to actually say nice things about them.
    Like before the reboot he spent one issue with Supergirl, and by the end of it he could still only say she was 'adequate' during the mission... having earlier on also pointed out to her face that she didn't have boobs.

(Come to think of it, isn't Damian nearly DC's version of a Superior Robin, like Marvel had a Superior Spiderman and Superior Iron Man, all of which are out to prove they are better than anyone else?)

All that said, yeah, I do think the transcript sounds very much like the JLvsTT Damian, who also did that thing about seeing emotions and lack of data as a weakness.