Page 656 of 671 FirstFirst ... 156556606646652653654655656657658659660666 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,840 of 10059

With so few episodes left I wonder how they wrap all this up. I don't know if it is good or bad that all the things that aren't focused on the main plot in the show are much better than it. Like Donna, Hawk and Dove, and the Doom Patrol. The big weakness so far in the show for me has been the Starfire plot and the main Raven and Trigon plot. Which are supposed to be the backbone of the series along with Dick's ongoing story. The Trigon story really hasn't been that interesting. Then next season they will add even more characters to the cast and I wonder if they will have the same problem. As Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven are kind of the weak links in the show but are meant to be the main cast members along side Dick and the focus will be split between even more characters in the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    With so few episodes left I wonder how they wrap all this up. I don't know if it is good or bad that all the things that aren't focused on the main plot in the show are much better than it. Like Donna, Hawk and Dove, and the Doom Patrol. The big weakness so far in the show for me has been the Starfire plot and the main Raven and Trigon plot. Which are supposed to be the backbone of the series along with Dick's ongoing story. The Trigon story really hasn't been that interesting. Then next season they will add even more characters to the cast and I wonder if they will have the same problem. As Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven are kind of the weak links in the show but are meant to be the main cast members along side Dick and the focus will be split between even more characters in the next season.
    It's funny the initial rumors we talked about back on the old boards talked about having all the guest heroes (minus Jason) as the main cast plus Oracle. Raven was the only NTT character planned to be a part of it at the time. I would much rather have that cast.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don’t think that’s a good idea. Donna imo needs to stat becoming more unique. She could very well benefit from her own signature weapon.
    Donna literally started using the sword and shield after Diana. Not exactly unique.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I couldn't see the show sofar, but I was really wondering if the show works with that many guest characters in just 13 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Oh man, what was that episode?

Hank and Dawn? One of the best episodes of the show, I'd say. I think I need a Hawk and Dove miniseries!

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I couldn't see the show sofar, but I was really wondering if the show works with that many guest characters in just 13 episodes.
    Dick's character helps tie it together sometimes. I have a few problems with their version of Dick but they have done a good job with him for the most part with him as the "lead" character, but it is a weird show in how it is constructed. Like they are using this show to try and set up future shows they might want to do instead of telling a real solid story between the main cast. Like a Hawk and Dove show, Doom Patrol show and maybe even a Jason Robin show. A character like Starfire or even Beast Boy kind of suffer as they aren't getting a ton of character work with all the split up focus. I do think the show might have been better to cut out some storylines given the limited episodes but I think they needed to have Robin (Dick), Raven, Beast Boy and Starfire in the first season to market it.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    More Donna goodness. This time using her lasso. Guess I'm going to have t check out this episode as well.

https://www.cbr.com/titans-donna-tro...rsuasion-clip/
    Nice to see them using the DCEU lasso effect .

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Hank and Dawn? One of the best episodes of the show, I'd say. I think I need a Hawk and Dove miniseries!
    I almost laughed when that van came in. So forced. I get that it was supposed to be random, but with the slow pace of the episode, it was jarringly paced.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Donna literally started using the sword and shield after Diana. Not exactly unique.
    I don’t think he was advocating for the sword and shield. He did say Donna should have a different weapon from Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Oh, no. Don’t mistake me. I’m not advocating for the sword and shield. They suffer the same issue as the lasso imo.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Great episode, I love this serie.
    For the first time in my life I care for Hawk & Dove, especially Dawn! i'm in love with Minka Kelly.

I don't agree with those who says that Raven, Starfire and Changeling are the weak links. I find interesting all characters, only thing that absolutly doesn't work is Starfire outfit and hair, but as quality stays so high I can pretend it don't exist.

I can't wait to see them all together.

Oh, no. Don’t mistake me. I’m not advocating for the sword and shield. They suffer the same issue as the lasso imo.
    What would be unique, a gladiator net?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

What about a spear?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I don't see how the lasso is an issue, the Wonder characters have lassos like the bat-family have batarangs and variations of it. Same with trick arrows and the GA characters.

If Diana sticks with sword, shield, and lasso then Donna would already be different if she had just a lasso. Plus they have different abilities. The Lasso of Persuasion gives Donna the ability to have limited control over others if their will is weaker than hers and it's supposed to be silver in color. The Lasso of Truth compels others to tell the truth and can free others from enchantments.