Page 665 of 671 FirstFirst ... 165565615655661662663664665666667668669 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 10059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ali99 View Post
    Living in the UK don't get Titan's until January (on Netflix), managed to watch on binge watch it on the "sly" just now. Loving it. Raven and Dick are fuckin awesome. A little disappointed with Trigon's appearance. He could have been a bit more "devilish".
    He might show his "true" face in the next episode, the one with extra sets of eyeballs. But, yeah, I've been pleasantly surprised by the show, and especially by Geoff Johns' writing--he's done right by Dick Grayson. It's been a bit of a consolation prize with how he's being treated in the comic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Actually its quite obvious what going on there given the context of the previous episode. Seems to me people are trying to pick at that show just for the sake of picking at the show.
    Yeah -- pretty obvious all is now as it seems.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    He might show his "true" face in the next episode, the one with extra sets of eyeballs. But, yeah, I've been pleasantly surprised by the show, and especially by Geoff Johns' writing--he's done right by Dick Grayson. It's been a bit of a consolation prize with how he's being treated in the comic.
    Perhaps I'm crazy, but the show lost me when Dick authorized Starfire to blow up that building with everyone still in it. I'm still watching it, but honestly this Dick Grayson rings hollow for me following that decision. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Perhaps I'm crazy, but the show lost me when Dick authorized Starfire to blow up that building with everyone still in it. I'm still watching it, but honestly this Dick Grayson rings hollow for me following that decision. :/
    It honestly would be an easy fix, maybe have the Titans drag a couple people out and say that's the last of them. Or simply a line about the people being gone, all the symbolism and character they were trying to do is undone right then and there. Dick is all I won't be like Bruce but then kills/gets a bunch of people killed.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

TT 25 Preview, Crush and Djinn discovered one of Damian secrets:

https://www.weirdsciencedccomics.com...titans-25.html

I think that I will see more CrushxDjinn images after this.. Even Glass showed one in his twitter recently praising the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It honestly would be an easy fix, maybe have the Titans drag a couple people out and say that's the last of them. Or simply a line about the people being gone, all the symbolism and character they were trying to do is undone right then and there. Dick is all I won't be like Bruce but then kills/gets a bunch of people killed.
    Yeah, I was shocked they didn't do any of that. Nope, he flat-out authorized murder. I imagine there will be a flashback revealing they were evacuated eventually if enough people complain, but generally I haven't seen many care so murder is here to stay.

Then again, I'm surprised Gar hasn't had a more visible freak out over now having human flesh in his references if taste. I understand he was shaken by murdering that guy, but he went from never biting someone to picking them out of his teeth, their blood still smeared on his mouth and likely still on his tongue.

Titans had a strong start but that Asylum episode really took the wind from its sails.

Yeah, I was shocked they didn't do any of that. Nope, he flat-out authorized murder. I imagine there will be a flashback revealing they were evacuated eventually if enough people complain, but generally I haven't seen many care so murder is here to stay.

Then again, I'm surprised Gar hasn't had a more visible freak out over now having human flesh in his references if taste. I understand he was shaken by murdering that guy, but he went from never biting someone to picking them out of his teeth, their blood still smeared on his mouth and likely still on his tongue.

Titans had a strong start but that Asylum episode really took the wind from its sails.
    Gar did not murder him. He killed the guy in defense of Rachel and her mother. And considering the man had tortured him and his friends, I'm not about to shed any tears over him or the other bastards Kory blew up.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    TT 25 Preview, Crush and Djinn discovered one of Damian secrets:

https://www.weirdsciencedccomics.com...titans-25.html

I think that I will see more CrushxDjinn images after this.. Even Glass showed one in his twitter recently praising the artist.
    Crush seems cool. I really wanted Slobo back in some way but I've enjoyed Crush so far. While she's suppose to be Lobo's daughter, I wonder if she will be connected in anyway to the DCnU 52 version of Lobo.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Gar did not murder him. He killed the guy in defense of Rachel and her mother. And considering the man had tortured him and his friends, I'm not about to shed any tears over him or the other bastards Kory blew up.
    It doesn't matter what you're thinking here. What matters is how Gar thinks, and Gar just killed a man with his own teeth. Whether or not he thinks of that as murder, it still makes for a traumatic experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    It doesn't matter what you're thinking here. What matters is how Gar thinks, and Gar just killed a man with his own teeth. Whether or not he thinks of that as murder, it still makes for a traumatic experience.
    I'm not denying it was a traumatic experience for Gar. Just saying that it wasn't a murder.

This months issue of Teen Titans was really great. When the roster was announced, I had my doubts about Crush as I thought she would be a knock off of Lobo (a character I can' stand), but I really liked her as the run cntinued and this issue proved to be really amazing for her. Djinn and Roundhouse were awesome too.

Crush is delightful.

Extraordinary Member

that was so sweet Crush is such a nice girl
    Djinn next please skip roundhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not denying it was a traumatic experience for Gar. Just saying that it wasn't a murder.
    He could have solved the problem with non-lethal means just as he did those hunters episodes prior. He chose to kill when it wasn't necessary. I'd call that murder, but that's not the discussion I'm really concerned with. We're splitting hairs and that's not the point I was making. It's just surprising they made a point out of him never having bit someone and has now ripped a man to shreds with his teeth and yet that hasn't been dealt with specifically.

While I don't have sympathy for those people, it doesn't change that Dick Grayson abhors killing an yet signs off on it. It's a betrayal of character, regardless of if you approve the ends it doesn't justify the means.

He could have solved the problem with non-lethal means just as he did those hunters episodes prior. He chose to kill when it wasn't necessary. I'd call that murder, but that's not the discussion I'm really concerned with. We're splitting hairs and that's not the point I was making. It's just surprising they made a point out of him never having bit someone and has now ripped a man to shreds with his teeth and yet that hasn't been dealt with specifically.

While I don't have sympathy for those people, it doesn't change that Dick Grayson abhors killing an yet signs off on it. It's a betrayal of character, regardless of if you approve the ends it doesn't justify the means.
    Those hunters weren't attacking Rachel (one of them flat out says he doesn't hurt children) and unlike them, the scientist wasn't just going to be scared off. Also Gar himself said he felt like biting the hunters. And they have dealt with it. Kory and he discussed it on the train in the Donna Troy episode and it was the basis of his visions in the most recent one. It's about the only thing of importance with Gar the show has focused on since it happened. There's only so much screen time you can dedicate to it without ignoring the plot. Saying it wasn't murder isn't splitting hairs since calling any killing murder is a huge problem comic fans seem to have.

What exactly did you expect Dick to do with those people? Sticking to your morals is one thing but with what these people have been shown as willing to do, leaving them alive would have been tantamount to suicide.