Page 667 of 671 FirstFirst ... 167567617657663664665666667668669670671 LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,005 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Could have sworn they did shoot at him when he confronted them but I'll take your word for it since I'm unable to confirm. I can very well be in error.

The no-kill policy is a defining factor of many DC characters and I quite like that they draw the line there. We'll have to agree to disagree with one another because that moves the discussion away from the Titans and more to a greater DCU discussion.
    Anyone can kill. It takes more skill and most importantly empathy to not take a life.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I suspect a lot of the writers and editors agree with you, although some (Mark Waid comes to mind) seem to genuinely believe in the no-killing principle. The no killing rule these days is primarily as a business tool to efficiently monetize intellectual properties. After all, otherwise there would no money to be made off Joker merchandise.
    I mean, it's an established convention of the Superhero genre as much as it is a means of continually keeping villains alive.

I'm not sure I would say a lot of writers and editors are against it so much as it's just an established convention of the genre that can fall under scrutiny and is often deconstructed, but it's not alone on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm aware of that. To me it's kinda like getting upset that Seattle rains a lot, it's a part of the identity.
    Again, just because it's a part of the identity doesn't mean I have to like it. It shouldn't be too difficult to understand. You've frequently criticized DC for making Jason Todd a hero despite being a Batman fan.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Anyone can kill. It takes more skill and most importantly empathy to not take a life.
    Empathy has nothing to with whether or not you can kill. And that the heroes don't kill anyone is more writer fiat than any actual skill on their part when you look at what they actually do to their enemies.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-20-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    I think my favorite part about today's Teen Titans was all the references and comparisons to both Superman and Jason Todd. Crush's parents are the drug addicted Kents: fundamentally good people with hearts of gold and morals, but they can't shake or beat their addictions. Anybody else notice that they lived in Smallville for a while?

The Jason and Crush comparison is fantastic: both had parents who couldn't break their drug habits despite their best efforts. That's where the similarities end as Crush's mom and dad focused on keeping her safe, providing her with a relatively stable (emphasis on relatively) life as a nomad. They played with her. Ensured she kept up with her peers education wise. Didn't fight. Focused on her safety (mostly). She never doubts that they loved and wanted her. The most important thing of all is that they died protecting her, which is massive as most addicts really don't have any problems betraying their children for their addiction. For example: Jason's mom.

Every part of this issue was good. I even found myself liking Roundhouse despite being annoyed by him. His sister is a fascinating mystery, I look forward to finding out more about her and the inevitable meeting of his mom and the rest of the Titans. I look forward to her giving them all lectures, grounding them, and feeding them.

The fact that this team has two members with parents who love/loved them more than life itself sets it apart from every other iteration. It's making for some fun reading. I can't wait for Djinn's story, and Dick to get his memories back so he can be the annoying yet cool big brother. Whatever is about to go down with Jason needs resolved because I need a Red Hood and Crush road trip with emotional bonding over parents with drug habits and truck stop donnybrooks. In fact, I could go for all of the older Robins deciding to jump in and be those obnoxious older siblings who steal away Damian's time with his friends. Tim and Roundhouse would be a fun and funky read.

It's a pity this is a once a month comic, I'm looking forward to finding out the resolution of the greatest mystery in all of the Bat books: does Bruce know that Damian has stopped talking to him? Has anyone told him yet? Has he even noticed? Does he even care?
    I actually didn't notice. Thanks for pointing it out. But did you notice how big the motorcycle is that Crush "borrows" from Damian? There is no way that Damian could drive that thing. (I don't think booster seats for motorcycles exist, or?)

Crush is my favorite character in Teen Titans (I seem to have a type for characters who are emotionally oscillating between love and rage.). I have started reading the series because of Jason's appearance but the great team dynamic makes me stay.
    Djinn is an interesting character but still a big question mark - and a little scary when you think about the past master that she mentions in the issue.

I noticed the similarities to Jason too - it's hard to miss them when a guy tries to hit Crush with a crowbar, that's a broad hint.

Crush's new weapon is cool and has the potential to be really powerful in battle since it can be used for defense and attack. But I hope we'll still see Crush and Roundhouse team up.

Roundhouse' story was nice too. His past seems interesting. Do we already know how he obtained his powers?

The art is beautiful. Crush even has different hairstyles in her backstory. And I'm glad that Glass takes the time to let the characters interact with each other outside of missions and to give them different relationships. Crush and Djinn are close, Djinn and Red Arrow have differences, Wallace and Roundhouse are best friends, etc. The comic feels so alive. I love it.

DEATHSTROKE #41
    written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    art by LARRY STROMAN and JASON PAZ
    cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    variant cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    A prelude to “The Terminus Agenda”! The road to the highly anticipated Teen Titans/Deathstroke crossover event starts here! Deathstroke’s body count has grown even higher after murdering his therapist en route to escaping from Arkham Asylum, which prompts Commissioner Gordon to expose Slade’s identity as Deathstroke to the public! Now the world’s most wanted criminal, the walls are closing in on Slade Wilson, and a new threat, Damian Wayne’s newest Teen Titans, waits around the corner...Is there any hope of escape for the World’s Deadliest Assassin?
    ON SALE 03.06.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T+
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

TEEN TITANS #28
    written by ADAM GLASS and CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    art by BERNARD CHANG
    cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN
    variant cover by MICO SUAYAN
    “The Terminus Agenda” part one! The hunter becomes the hunted as Robin and the Teen Titans set out to end Deathstroke once and for all! But no man has ever gone toe-to-toe with the World’s Deadliest Assassin and walked away unscathed! Lines will be crossed, secrets will be revealed and blood will be shed! Don’t miss the crossover event of the spring, which kicks off a bold new era for Teen Titans and Deathstroke!
    ON SALE 03.20.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T

TITANS #35
    written by DAN ABNETT
    art and cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    variant cover by MICO SUAYAN
    “Into the Bleed” part three! Travesty and Mother Blood are holding all the cards as the Titans’ hopes for saving their friend and the world are dashed by a humiliating defeat. This may be their darkest hour, but hope comes in the form of Ernest Hinton, who birthed the lands of Unearth from his own psyche and is being used as a resource by Travesty and Mother Blood. The shocker reveal comes when we find out Raven’s soul-self is leading the charge against the team—can Raven ever be whole again?!
    ON SALE 03.13.19
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Is anyone really looking forward to another Titans/Deathstroke crossover?

Who's life is Damian going to ruin this time ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is anyone really looking forward to another Titans/Deathstroke crossover?

Who's life is Damian going to ruin this time ?
    wally already dead so what he did doesnt matter

Last TT and Deathstroke crossover was a disaster of a story. Surprised they would even want to do another one.

Especially when this time, none of the New Teen Titans (Slade's actual enemies, he debuted in NTT #2) are involved. In fact only two Titans are still there from the last crossover - Robin and Kid Flash. Wallace isn't going to defect again, is he?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'm looking forward to the crossover. I love Damian's new team and I like Deathstroke. But I haven't read any other Teen Titans/Deathstroke crossover, so I don't have any reservations to begin with.
    It will be interesting to see how each team member reacts to Deathstroke and how Deathstroke is presented. Has Red Arrow already met Slade?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'm looking forward to the crossover. I love Damian's new team and I like Deathstroke. But I haven't read any other Teen Titans/Deathstroke crossover, so I don't have any reservations to begin with.
    It will be interesting to see how each team member reacts to Deathstroke and how Deathstroke is presented. Has Red Arrow already met Slade?
    I liked to heard about this crossover too..

I think that Emiko never met Slade.. Maybe I am wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    I think my favorite part about today's Teen Titans was all the references and comparisons to both Superman and Jason Todd. Crush's parents are the drug addicted Kents: fundamentally good people with hearts of gold and morals, but they can't shake or beat their addictions. Anybody else notice that they lived in Smallville for a while?

The Jason and Crush comparison is fantastic: both had parents who couldn't break their drug habits despite their best efforts. That's where the similarities end as Crush's mom and dad focused on keeping her safe, providing her with a relatively stable (emphasis on relatively) life as a nomad. They played with her. Ensured she kept up with her peers education wise. Didn't fight. Focused on her safety (mostly). She never doubts that they loved and wanted her. The most important thing of all is that they died protecting her, which is massive as most addicts really don't have any problems betraying their children for their addiction. For example: Jason's mom.

Every part of this issue was good. I even found myself liking Roundhouse despite being annoyed by him. His sister is a fascinating mystery, I look forward to finding out more about her and the inevitable meeting of his mom and the rest of the Titans. I look forward to her giving them all lectures, grounding them, and feeding them.

The fact that this team has two members with parents who love/loved them more than life itself sets it apart from every other iteration. It's making for some fun reading. I can't wait for Djinn's story, and Dick to get his memories back so he can be the annoying yet cool big brother. Whatever is about to go down with Jason needs resolved because I need a Red Hood and Crush road trip with emotional bonding over parents with drug habits and truck stop donnybrooks. In fact, I could go for all of the older Robins deciding to jump in and be those obnoxious older siblings who steal away Damian's time with his friends. Tim and Roundhouse would be a fun and funky read.

It's a pity this is a once a month comic, I'm looking forward to finding out the resolution of the greatest mystery in all of the Bat books: does Bruce know that Damian has stopped talking to him? Has anyone told him yet? Has he even noticed? Does he even care?
    WOW.. Seems that another person loved this issue too.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Well, we knew a crossover would happen eventually, I just hope it ends sooner rather than later. I didn't like all the crossovers during Benjamin's run on T.T, as it took away time for stories to be told of just them as a group. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to this new team down the road.

Astonishing Member

Has anyone been keeping up with the Teen Titans Giant comic from Walmart? I've only been able to read the first issue on the internet(no Wal Marts in my state). Was it cancelled?

So has there ever been an AquaGirl character? Thinking back, Garth was mostly not involved in the 1980s reboot, and up until the Khalduram's character's rise, how much attention was given to potential "new" sea-based youth heroes?