Page 72 of 671 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 10059

Quote Originally Posted by Jinwaller View Post

Guess Karen will be a member of the team post Titans Hunt. Hope Mal doesn't die.
    I am actually pretty excited to read more about Garth, Lilith, (and now seems like Karen) in Titans. I'm not crazy familiar with any of the 3 (especially the 2 girls). Should be a fun ride.

Thanks for posting this Jinwaller, I'm actually pretty intrigued how this will play out......

Really doesn't seem good for Mal. We'll see.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 37 View Post
    It'd be crazy IMO, if it isn't Wally. There have been so many subtle hints right from some of the first art released for Titans Hunt, like the "here lies the forgotten Titan" tombstone. Sure it's not Wally specific, but name one other Titan that there is so much wide spread desire for his/her return. Maybe the hints are fans drawing their own conclusions, and assuming it's Wally, but I'd sure hope DC has their finger on the pulse of the fans well enough to know people are really hoping for his return. It will be an unbelievable troll job by DC if Wally isn't brought back in some form. It might end up being temporary and he leaves again, or he might end up back only to sacrifice himself. But I'm sure he's coming back. 55% sure, haha
    This is one thing that is stumping me. The whole Rebirth extravaganza is supposedly DC getting back to what the fans want...I forget the exact word age, but it's about listening to the fans. I am completely bumfuzzled if they go through all this and DONT return the real Wally West.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This is one thing that is stumping me. The whole Rebirth extravaganza is supposedly DC getting back to what the fans want...I forget the exact word age, but it's about listening to the fans. I am completely bumfuzzled if they go through all this and DONT return the real Wally West.

Wally will return in Rebirth don't worry, sit back and enjoy the ride

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    I actually completely forgot about Flamebird - it could totally be her, maybe as Hawkfire. Tula doesn't seem to have had any affiliation with any sort of upworlders though, so I don't think it would be her, and Joker's Daughter had a total revision. And I definitely don't feel like it would be Golden Eagle.

And who knows, they're basically spread thin; the chances of it being an NTT character are incredibly slim because they're either in use or too young, and anyone in the current Titans Hunt mini is basically ruled out, particularly spoilers:
    Karen.
    end of spoilers So now I'd definitely put it at being some type of Wally (or Bart? Could they do that?), Don, or Bette.
    I'd argue that the current story has enough weirdness in it that some of the NTT characters could appear simply due to the old Twister situation was resolved by wiping everyone's minds.
    -Cyborg: He's old enough to have been a member without a hitch
    -Starfire: Already known to have been on a team with Dick and Roy
    -Raven: Despite how she looks, I could point out that she appears to age very slowly; in Phantom Stranger she was revealed to have been on Earth for years before she ran into him, and then spend several more years in Trigon's company, yet she doesn't appear to look very old, unless we imagine she came to Earth alone at age 9. So technically she could have been there as well... who knows, she might have been the one that wiped everyones mind since Lilith, so far does not appear to have that power unless I missed it.

The only ones thats really tricky to get onto the team are Beast Boy and Wally, because we have seen their origins in 'real time'.

BANNED

I don't think Abnett's Titans book can be successful with Karen as the additional member. Don't get me wrong, I like Karen. But if she joins then the only A-list character on the team will be Nightwing. It won't have the original lineup, and every character will be secondary except for 1. Im fine with Bumblebee joining later on, but im pretty sure the series needs Wally to succeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I don't think Abnett's Titans book can be successful with Karen as the additional member. Don't get me wrong, I like Karen. But if she joins then the only A-list character on the team will be Nightwing. It won't have the original lineup, and every character will be secondary except for 1. Im fine with Bumblebee joining later on, but im pretty sure the series needs Wally to succeed.
    I'd say it just needs the original team and a good creator behind them.

This series needs good writing to succeed, the line-up itself is fantastic. It sucks that Wally isn't there and I don't think Wally will come back any time soon.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I actually agree the book will need more than one popular character to get high sales or at least above 30k in the long run. We've seen how some of the best written books just don't sell well because the writer isn't super popular or because fans just don't care about some characters. NW's fanbase is big but I doubt they can afford his solo book twice the month + Titans in the long run. I love the line-up but it's obviously not one of the most known nowadays and the franchise has lost a lot of it's popularity. I guess Teen Titans will sell more in the end.

Preview for issue 19 out on Wednesday

https://bigcomicpage.com/2016/04/22/...ns-19-preview/
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I actually agree the book will need more than one popular character to get high sales or at least above 30k in the long run. We've seen how some of the best written books just don't sell well because the writer isn't super popular or because fans just don't care about some characters. NW's fanbase is big but I doubt they can afford his solo book twice the month + Titans in the long run. I love the line-up but it's obviously not one of the most known nowadays and the franchise has lost a lot of it's popularity. I guess Teen Titans will sell more in the end.
    Agree with everything here. Good writing isn't enough to sell a series, it needs a noteworthy premise as well. A series starring the original Titans lineup would receive far more attention than just 4 of the 5 original members (2 out of 3 if you count the original team up of Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad as the start of the Teen Titans) and 2 additional characters. If the series doesn't deliver on that 1st premise, it's probably doomed from the start.

BANNED

Agree with everything here. Good writing isn't enough to sell a series, it needs a noteworthy premise as well. A series starring the original Titans lineup would receive far more attention than just 4 of the 5 original members (2 out of 3 if you count the original team up of Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad as the start of the Teen Titans) and 2 additional characters. If the series doesn't deliver on that 1st premise, it's probably doomed from the start.
    They have like 90% of the original cast already, the presence of Wally isn't a deciding factor unless you believe a million people will read this simply because of him. Also, assembling a certain team isn't a premise, it's just a team... and thats why the last attemped assembly of the Titans didn't work: No one knew what to do with them now that they were back together, except split up.

Amazing Member

I'm loving the Titans Hunt. I'm glad that Lilith is back to life and a part of the group. I hope Mal and Bumblebee stick around, but, I doubt it. And maybe, just maybe, we could get some future characterization for poor Gnaark. It's nice to read a modern story with him in it. I've been a fan of the Titans for years. I think this pic proves how much I love them. tattoo.jpg

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I'd argue that the current story has enough weirdness in it that some of the NTT characters could appear simply due to the old Twister situation was resolved by wiping everyone's minds.
    -Raven: Despite how she looks, I could point out that she appears to age very slowly; in Phantom Stranger she was revealed to have been on Earth for years before she ran into him, and then spend several more years in Trigon's company, yet she doesn't appear to look very old, unless we imagine she came to Earth alone at age 9. So technically she could have been there as well... who knows, she might have been the one that wiped everyones mind since Lilith, so far does not appear to have that power unless I missed it.

The only ones thats really tricky to get onto the team are Beast Boy and Wally, because we have seen their origins in 'real time'.
    No, yeah, I'm not saying it's impossible for them to have been a part of the team in the past. It's certainly possible, and with Kori, I think it's actually incredibly likely - she was in one of the three titles early on in the New 52 that hinted at a previous Titans history and we've explicitly seen that she was involved in adventures with Nightwing and Arsenal, though to be honest, that was probably after the Titans Hunt flashbacks with Mr Twister went down. And, if I recall correctly, Geoff Johns was quoted early on as saying that there's a huge gap between the League forming to fight the Parademons and Darkseid and them reforming five years later, so who actually knows what Cyborg fully did then? Especially with mind trickery it's totally possible - but they're all tied up in other teams at present, and the Rebirth seems to be actively avoiding using most characters in more than one team title.

Terra and Jericho also seem like they'd be unable to be used - though, maybe less Jericho than Terra? It could easily be, like, Kole. But if it's supposed to be Bumblebee then that's cool too but the solicits don't really fit that unless she was a part of the team but she doesn't remember any of it, and was more of an ancillary member than anything - since it says she "returns." Or she basically joins the team in Titans Hunt and then she has to "retire," leading into Rebirth where she's not involved but has to jump back in during the first issue of the new volume.

This actually makes sense. A lot of it. Again, Abnett picked his team very deliberately, and apart from Guardian and Kid Flash these are the first group of Titans - including the initial recruits. Robin (Nightwing), Wonder Girl (Troia), Aqualad (Tempest), Speedy (Arsenal), Lilith (Omen), and Bumblebee. I kind of get the feeling that this might not be the full team in the long run; it's six members, and seven is a very classic Titans roster number. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

Starfire is a possibility because she knows Nightwing and recognise him as Agent 37, and IIRC she lied to both Arsenal and Red Hood by pretending she has amnesia or maybe she has. Starfire may just been affected long time ago like the rest of the titans, and when she arrives on Earth she don't recognise Arsenal but she has one of Rightwing's old costumes.

Cyborg, DC wants to keep him as a member of JL. Maybe for the long-time TT fans, Cyborg did spend time with the Titans when he's not at the Watchtower and doing hero stuff with the titans while the Justice League were either doing their solo things or doing their daily jobs.

Wally: Rumours said that Wally is the mysterious hand guy? Both The Flash and Titans rebirth are the only one shows solicitations to read DC Universe Rebirth before they read their rebirth special.

Raven: With Lilith on the team, I can't see Raven being with them and she seems to be stuck in TT limbo. I would like to see her having connection with The Titans and it turns out that it wasn't Mister Twister who warped reality but it was another interdimmensional demon who is more powerful than he is and Raven could've erase the Titans memories including Lilith because she only remembers that she was the one who erase their memories but didn't remember that Raven erases her. I think the writer is not going to remember that Raven spend in Trigon's realm so I don't see her being in Titans. Also, Lilith did wipe out their memories of the Titans but I still have this head canon/theory that it was Raven, maybe her being half-demon she ages very slowly or something.

Beast Boy: He would be hard because the previous version of Lilith from the Ravagers was just a minor character and was easy to bring the accurate version of her. I know this is not going to happen but I think it would be great if they bring a pre-crisis version of BB and Raven (He appeared in both Titans and Teen Titans in Convergence also Raven appeared in one of the Convergence issues but she was edited out from the release version so maybe Raven is like one of the New Gods or something where there is just only one Raven?). The media always portray BB young in both YJ and JLvsTT, so just like Raven I don't think there is anyway of bringing him onto Titans.
    Last edited by Incognito; 04-22-2016 at 02:26 PM.

I wouldn't throw out a guess on how big of a factor Wally on the team would be to Titans success, but initially it would be a big boost in sales for sure. After that, it's up to the writer and artist to make this successful. Depending on the supporting cast, the tone of the book, and villains brought in, all the ingredients would be there if used well.

I think Karen and Mal will be around as supporting cast, and the Karen "hint" by Booth is a fun little decoy. And judging by comments made by DC on how important Titans and TT are for Rebirth and Dc's future success, it'd be a waste to not put a known A-list character on one of the titles they are"pushing" for success. I'm sure Wally will return! 58% sure....
    Last edited by Agent 37; 04-23-2016 at 07:22 AM.