Default Joe Robertson Appreciation thread 2024

Joe "Robbie" Robertson appreciation thread.

Here's where we can reminisce about veteran journalist Joseph "Robbie" Robertson.

Rest in peace, Bill Nunn..

Robbie Robertson is criminally underused in all media.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Robbie deserved a way bigger role in the movies.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Spencer and Wells have used him effectively. He's had a good last few years in the comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Spencer and Wells have used him effectively. He's had a good last few years in the comics.
    Much as I enjoyed the Spencer run, I wouldn't have said it used Robbie effectively.
    (There's the scene in which Peter has Christmas or is it Thanksgiving with Robbie and Randy. He has to sack Peter kindly in the first issue. Otherwise, it's all Robbie and Tombstone and the Robbie/Tombstone relationship is not really an interesting use of Robbie's character.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Much as I enjoyed the Spencer run, I wouldn't have said it used Robbie effectively.
    (There's the scene in which Peter has Christmas or is it Thanksgiving with Robbie and Randy. He has to sack Peter kindly in the first issue. Otherwise, it's all Robbie and Tombstone and the Robbie/Tombstone relationship is not really an interesting use of Robbie's character.)
    I think it's interesting in the sense of seeing how far Robbie's come from the days where he used to be absolutely terrified of Tombstone. Speaking of, I did like the 90s animated series' take where they were childhood friends whose paths diverged when Lonnie got caught stealing from an ice cream store and Robbie managed to get away, much to Lonnie's resentment as he sank deeper into crime and vice while Robbie cleaned himself up and focused on his education and career. Oh, and how that tied back to Tombstone's plot to use Robbie's alienated son Randy to get back at him by luring Randy into crime so he could besmirch the Robertson family name, only for the power of fatherly love (plus some Spidey-patented butt-whupping) to prevail in the end.
    The spider is always on the hunt.