Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Teaser poster for the new season:

Brainiac and Metallo in one season would be perfect for me! At least one Superman product is going to give us a showdown between Supes and Brainiac.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Where are you seeing blonde hair? I looked at the scene with the armor frame by frame and didn’t see anything. What am I missing?

It’s probably Kara which would be interesting since Clark is still pretty young in this universe. So they would be contemporaries instead of him being her mentor like he traditionally is in the comics. More like Captain Marvel/Shazam and Mary Marvel.

We know that Zod is coming so maybe there will be a “choose a side” situation for Kara. You’re homeworld or earth.
    If you squint around the head section at 0:04 you can see what looks like blonde hair.

I still feel like it's a little too early for this version of Superman to meet Kara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its possible we might get a version of Kara more experienced with their powers than Superman, since presumably Kara was around when the Kryptonians were conquering.
    Assuming they really were conquerors, I think a lot of that is getting conflated with what Brainiac is doing.

Brainiac front-and-center instead of "The General." Probably building up to the reveal that he's the real threat.

Fantastic Member

Will this seem like retread of Invincible? Young superpowered alien learns that his home planet is attacking?

I know it was also the plot of Man of Steel movie but Invincible being more recent, such comparisons might be evoked.

I liked the first season and would have liked the second season to build on the character interactions and city level threats. Would have preferred a Krypton war to occur much later if at all. But I suppose these days you never know when even a successful show might get cancelled. The showrunners probably didn't want the plot threats from season 1 to be unresolved forever if that happened. Hopefully this show gets to at least 3-4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Will this seem like retread of Invincible? Young superpowered alien learns that his home planet is attacking?

I know it was also the plot of Man of Steel movie but Invincible being more recent, such comparisons might be evoked.

I liked the first season and would have liked the second season to build on the character interactions and city level threats. Would have preferred a Krypton war to occur much later if at all. But I suppose these days you never know when even a successful show might get cancelled. The showrunners probably didn't want the plot threats from season 1 to be unresolved forever if that happened. Hopefully this show gets to at least 3-4 seasons.
    I feel like they're leading people to believe that Krypton is basically just Viltrum because it's just a camouflage for the fact that Brainiac is behind everything.

Season 1 was about Clark accepting himself and season 2 will be about accepting that he's Kryptonian.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Where are you seeing blonde hair? I looked at the scene with the armor frame by frame and didn’t see anything. What am I missing?

It’s probably Kara which would be interesting since Clark is still pretty young in this universe. So they would be contemporaries instead of him being her mentor like he traditionally is in the comics. More like Captain Marvel/Shazam and Mary Marvel.

We know that Zod is coming so maybe there will be a “choose a side” situation for Kara. You’re homeworld or earth.
    Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 5.50.47 PM.jpg

There's a strand of blonde hair right at the edge of the frame.

Bloodsport making his debut in the second issue of the tie-in comic:

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bloodsport making his debut in the second issue of the tie-in comic:

Oh wow, I wonder if he'll ever show up in the cartoon.

Mighty Member

That would be cool and highly likely due to Josie Campbell writing on it. It would remind me of the Young Justice and Beware the Batman tie-ins introducing characters before their shows did.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

I think they said in the press release that it's using ideas they had for the show.

Incredible Member

We gotta be getting a premiere date soon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sneak peek for S2!

Can’t wait

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Yoooo so much stuff here to unpack!

-Arms guy is probably Metallo, hopefully that’s just his starting look and he gets more robotic over time. Really hope they go with his Johns/Morrison soldier origin too.
    -Atomic Skull! Alex confirmed as Lex! Potentially that red orb might be Solaris! Brainiac
    -KARA CONFIRMED!
    -One shot had Clark glowing blue, God I’m going to freak if they make his Electric Blue form his “Super Sayian” mode

HYPED AS HELL FOR S2!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Steel was in there too. And Kara was put on a rocket as a baby, so she may be Clark's age. There's a poster floating around where Clark is in outer space reaching out to a Kara that looks like she's in the middle of an asteroid field. All in all it sounds fascinating.

Don't like Brainiac's voice, and the shots were he appears look distinctively un-epic. Hope the full scenes are better.

Overall excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Steel was in there too. And Kara was put on a rocket as a baby, so she may be Clark's age. There's a poster floating around where Clark is in outer space reaching out to a Kara that looks like she's in the middle of an asteroid field. All in all it sounds fascinating.

Don't like Brainiac's voice, and the shots were he appears look distinctively un-epic. Hope the full scenes are better.

Overall excited.
    Here’s said poster:

Where are you seeing Steel?