Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

At the beginning of the new Era he will hold himself accountable for it all and Scott and others will blame him and accuse him and he will accept it because of internalised guilt and that's how he becomes Prisoner X.
    lol that actually reads like the synopsis of every Xavier crossover story ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Enh! Yupp Southerner.

Based on what was shown in the other Gillenister preview it's clearly all some elaborate master plan that only he knows (because if he tells anyone else chances are Dominion will find out and stop him apparently or he just doesn't trust anyone) to create the new Jean/Phoenix because she is the only one who can defeat a Dominion and set things right. He's playing all sides for some greater good.

Is it reprehensible? Absolutely. Will it save all of humanity and defeat the Sinister Dominion...Sure. Hopefully.

At the beginning of the new Era he will hold himself accountable for it all and Scott and others will blame him and accuse him and he will accept it because of internalised guilt and that's how he becomes Prisoner X.
    Are you actually defending Gillen ? What Duggan could do to a person... XD

But yeah, either Xavier is stalling for time until Rachel and Hope jumpstarts Jean as per the Forever preview, or there's some kind of other plan but that's probably his intentions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I do I'm hoping she gets rezzed with everyone else the Five are going to bring back.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Sinister has de-activated her 'Sin-gene' as long as she is alive, resurrecting her will kick-start it. It's best to just re-set the universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    Not a great look for Charles, but I don't think he killed her, he just "slowed her down" a bit. I am sure she has some form of healing factor. He had to stop her, because Rasputin would kind of put a dent in his plans, because she wouldn't rest until she killed Xavier. I don't think Rachel is dead either, he had to prime her to host part of the Phoenix, or send her to part of the White Hot Room with Jean and Hope.

I hate that he had to make an alliance with ratchet Mother Righteous.

Part of me wishes Mother Righteous was in a Duggan or Percy book, because then she would have at least died by now. A cheap, horribly written death, but she would be "really most sincerely dead"!
    I think he did, MR had a deal with Rasputin, which puts Rasputin in her thrall, she probably stripped her of her power in that incantation.

Fantastic Member

Is it too much to ask for some kick ass moments from Rachel?

Fantastic Member

the only good thing about this. issue was no sinister thank god......also seeing apocplyse kick ass was great. i think besides destroying sinister as an x-men villian and making him a joke the biggest mistake made during the KRAKoan era was taking APocoplyse off the board for so long. That image of him in a suit in the early hickman days was so cool and there was so much they could have done with the character that they completely dropped the ball

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Are you actually defending Gillen ? What Duggan could do to a person... XD

But yeah, either Xavier is stalling for time until Rachel and Hope jumpstarts Jean as per the Forever preview, or there's some kind of other plan but that's probably his intentions.
    Only from a very speculative storytelling perspective.
    It could go in a completely different direction and prove me wrong and also right, for completely disregarding his writing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    the only good thing about this. issue was no sinister thank god......also seeing apocplyse kick ass was great. i think besides destroying sinister as an x-men villian and making him a joke the biggest mistake made during the KRAKoan era was taking APocoplyse off the board for so long. That image of him in a suit in the early hickman days was so cool and there was so much they could have done with the character that they completely dropped the ball
    But we’ve got a Sinister right there with Mother Righteous.

Not gonna miss Rasputin at all. I always found her a flat character and she only existed to be a zealot of Krakoa, that's why I never saw her surviving Fall of X. All her character and personality relies completely on the existence of Krakoa the nation of mutants. Remova that from the tabble, and she has nothing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    I think you're describing Fall #4 that came out on Weds - this thread is Rise #4, which hasn't come out yet

Man, Charles is sooo out of character. I am tired of seeing this downfall which doesn't make sense. In head canon I still think he is Sinisterized. Makes me wonder if all of Krakoa is even worth it for Charles.
    Last edited by Keno; 04-20-2024 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Because Rachel needs to be in the WHR and this was the easiest and quickest way to get her there. And does anybody really care about Rasputin?

I don't know about the plan he's pursuing in Fall though, that's just nonsense from top to bottom.
    His facial expressions says otherwise. Also he is out of character the moment he killled Rasputin. Doesn't matter who she is or not. This is sh@# a@&

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I do I'm hoping she gets rezzed with everyone else the Five are going to bring back.
    Sorry, but given how much of the incoming From the Ashes status quo is about defining itself as "not Krakoa", I think it's really unlikely that she will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    His facial expressions says otherwise. Also he is out of character the moment he killled Rasputin. Doesn't matter who she is or not. This is sh@# a@&
    Eh, I don't think so. Xavier has always expected his X-Men to be willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good, and I think he would consider preventing her from stopping him enable whatever plan he has to be an extension of that belief. I don't particularly enjoy the stories where he is more morally corrupt (Deadly Genesis, Danger), but at this point there have been so many that I can't really call it out of character. Now, if he had amplified her pain receptors instead of nullifying them that would be out of character.

It's not according to Gillen himself saying Xavier doesn't "kill". Sacrificing someone is different thing all together. I can see where you are going with all the Deadly Genesis and other shitty retcons that has happened but this totally different. Xavier doesnt kill
    Last edited by Keno; 04-20-2024 at 10:00 PM.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think he did, MR had a deal with Rasputin, which puts Rasputin in her thrall, she probably stripped her of her power in that incantation.
    I don't think that incantation stripped Rasputin of her powers, it was Mother Righteous just binding her long enough for Charles to incapacitate Rasputin. Xavier made it seem like he needed her taken out for a while so he could continue his plan without too many obstacles. Now, I do believe Mother Righteous will somehow use Rasputin against them...which may indeed lead to Rasputin's final death.