Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I hope that's the end of Rasputin for the foreseeable future.
    Same. She was iconic in hoxpox, but didn't need her in the present. Many others could have fulfilled her role here.

Ultimate Member

To the writer of this nonsense...

Why would Professor X act in such a horrible manner??

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Because Rachel needs to be in the WHR and this was the easiest and quickest way to get her there. And does anybody really care about Rasputin?

I don't know about the plan he's pursuing in Fall though, that's just nonsense from top to bottom.

Alright we are basically approaching Rosenburg degrees of ridiculous at this point in the story. There’s got to be some kind of reset at the end of all this. What is even supposed to be the point of this degree of destruction of Xavier as a character?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Alright we are basically approaching Rosenburg degrees of ridiculous at this point in the story. There’s got to be some kind of reset at the end of all this. What is even supposed to be the point of this degree of destruction of Xavier as a character?
    Based on the preview for X-Men Forever, I would disagree. These two issues seem to be explaining things quite well when read together.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh! Yupp Southerner.

Based on what was shown in the other Gillenister preview it's clearly all some elaborate master plan that only he knows (because if he tells anyone else chances are Dominion will find out and stop him apparently or he just doesn't trust anyone) to create the new Jean/Phoenix because she is the only one who can defeat a Dominion and set things right. He's playing all sides for some greater good.

Is it reprehensible? Absolutely. Will it save all of humanity and defeat the Sinister Dominion...Sure. Hopefully.

At the beginning of the new Era he will hold himself accountable for it all and Scott and others will blame him and accuse him and he will accept it because of internalised guilt and that's how he becomes Prisoner X.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-18-2024 at 04:00 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It's hard to imagine there's some kind of fakeout going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    And does anybody really care about Rasputin?
    I do I'm hoping she gets rezzed with everyone else the Five are going to bring back.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Enh! Yupp Southerner.

Based on what was shown in the other Gillenister preview it's clearly all some elaborate master plan that only he knows (because if he tells anyone else chances are Dominion will find out and stop him apparently or he just doesn't trust anyone) to create the new Jean/Phoenix because she is the only one who can defeat a Dominion and set things right. He's playing all sides for some greater good.

Is it reprehensible? Absolutely. Will it save all of humanity and defeat the Sinister Dominion...Sure. Hopefully.

At the beginning of the new Era he will hold himself accountable for it all and Scott and others will blame him and accuse him and he will accept it because of internalised guilt and that's how he becomes Prisoner X.
    Bingo. This is how I'm viewing it all as well. He did try to stop Enigma from coming online but that didn't work so things have gotten very desperate.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Whoops, wrong thread.

Extraordinary Member

If that old story had made Bishop right, it really would not have changed any of him trying to kill baby and putting a hole in Xavier's head and then killing countless people across multiple timelines. Of course Xavier 'has a plan' but this story is still taking him places that he never needed to be made to go (again).

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Not a great look for Charles, but I don't think he killed her, he just "slowed her down" a bit. I am sure she has some form of healing factor. He had to stop her, because Rasputin would kind of put a dent in his plans, because she wouldn't rest until she killed Xavier. I don't think Rachel is dead either, he had to prime her to host part of the Phoenix, or send her to part of the White Hot Room with Jean and Hope.

I hate that he had to make an alliance with ratchet Mother Righteous.

Part of me wishes Mother Righteous was in a Duggan or Percy book, because then she would have at least died by now. A cheap, horribly written death, but she would be "really most sincerely dead"!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's hard to imagine there's some kind of fakeout going on...
    At this stage it's the only thing that makes storytelling sense.

It's not a fake-out per se as he is actually committing the acts. He made the deal with Orchis to kill all of humanity but save mutants (as if they will still not just turn around and kill them anyway, because Dominion). He believes that what he's doing is the only way to win against this particular threat, to the detriment of his character and the love of his X-Family. And he's okies with that. He knows fully well the repercussions of his actions and there's no coming back from them.

Truly...what he won't do for the greater good.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-18-2024 at 04:54 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    To the writer of this nonsense...

Lol, yes. None of this makes any sense.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm so sick of this evil Xavier crap. That shot about Xavier abandoning the X-Mem/New Mutants to have sex with a bird lady was so stupid and ignorant. These people obviously didn't read anything fully on Xavier. It made Cypher look stupid. And he's not stupid.