Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ok well this one kind of makes up for it.

Yeah this is good, we're getting more insight on what Xavier is up to. Read Rise #4 before this one, got it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

So killing Rachel and RIV was just to get them into the WHR or something? Were they able to just bring people back in the WHR super easy or did they need MRs help? The easy mode this story uses makes everything feel like it does not really matter.

It seems like Hope is already aware of something but I am still not sure how we get from here to Duggan's story.

Hope we get to see more of the Jean / Hope dynamic.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So killing Rachel and RIV was just to get them into the WHR or something? Were they able to just bring people back in the WHR super easy or did they need MRs help? The easy mode this story uses makes everything feel like it does not really matter.

It seems like Hope is already aware of something but I am still not sure how we get from here to Duggan's story.
    I feel a super circuit about to happen?

Thanks gods for Gillen

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Were they able to just bring people back in the WHR super easy or did they need MRs help?
    Yeah, they were using Mother Righteous' help to access the Waiting Room, although in the previous X-Men Forever issue Rachel said they had a backup cradle, so I guess they don't need Mother Righteous anymore. I do wonder where they are getting the genetic material from though.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah, they were using Mother Righteous' help to access the Waiting Room, although in the previous X-Men Forever issue Rachel said they had a backup cradle, so I guess they don't need Mother Righteous anymore. I do wonder where they are getting the genetic material from though.
    That’s what I’ve been confused about… I think it worked when they were just bringing back other people exiled to the WHR, cause the bodies are right there. But with people that weren’t brought there during the Gala, I have some questions. But alas it’s a comic so they might just hand wave it away.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-18-2024 at 04:04 PM.

Gillen shoulda wrote Fall and Rise with more issues and we coulda had X-Men Forever lumped into the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That’s what I’be been confused about… I think it worked when they were just bringing back other people excited to the WHR, cause the bodies are right there. But with people that weren’t brought there during the Gala, I have some questions. But alas it’s a comic so they might just hand wave it away.
    Exactly. It made sense for the people who had died in the WHR as they had access to their bodies. Perhaps Rachel misspoke and she actually meant they had a backup genetic database there? I think it was during Sins of Sinister that they said they had been working on another genetic database so they wouldn't have to rely on Sinister. Or maybe Sinister's genetic database was in Atlantic Krakoa?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

End of Mother Righteous?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That’s what I’be been confused about… I think it worked when they were just bringing back other people excited to the WHR, cause the bodies are right there. But with people that weren’t brought there during the Gala, I have some questions. But alas it’s a comic so they might just hand wave it away.
    Yeah, like. The idea that actually, the Five DON'T need regular or direct access to Sinister's genetic database to bring people back is probably the single element of the entire Krakoan era you LEAST want to handwave away given that this was the sole thread used to justify his presence and influence this whole time, buuuuuuuut I genuinely just think they do not care anymore and are just like its whatever. Let's keep this thing moving along.

Here's my attempt at a No-Prize: We know from a datapage that Beast was building a new, separate DNA database to free them from their dependency on Sinister. Beast was based on Krakoa Atlantic with X-Force. Even though he later went rogue, he left a copy of his DNA database there, along with the backup Cerebro, so they could continue the project. That's what the Five are using.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, like. The idea that actually, the Five DON'T need regular or direct access to Sinister's genetic database to bring people back is probably the single element of the entire Krakoan era you LEAST want to handwave away given that this was the sole thread used to justify his presence and influence this whole time, buuuuuuuut I genuinely just think they do not care anymore and are just like its whatever. Let's keep this thing moving along.
    Yeah it definitely makes the whole thing fall apart. I thought they were gonna explain it in Dead X-Men since they were dead pre-WHR exile, but that series has come and gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Here's my attempt at a No-Prize: We know from a datapage that Beast was building a new, separate DNA database to free them from their dependency on Sinister. Beast was based on Krakoa Atlantic with X-Force. Even though he later went rogue, he left a copy of his DNA database there, along with the backup Cerebro, so they could continue the project. That's what the Five are using.
    I’ll take it.