Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So did Xavier have a plan for reviving Rasputin or...?

Astonishing Member

In the vein of my "I'm fine with Bobby not showing up the rest of this mess and would rather he get a big story about where he's been and what he's been up to since his solo in the next era" feelings, I'm hoping we don't see him lumped in with the rest of the resurrected X-Men for some big climactic 'triumphant' scene of them all emerging from the WHR to fight Nimrod in the next couple issues or in FotHoX #5. I have a feeling he'll be shoehorned in with the rest to explain him coming back with Warren, Akihiro and various other high profile X-characters who've died over the last year, because they care enough about having him present for the Big Group Shots in the big finale to make sure he's there, but not enough to factor in that this would literally result in yet another duplicate storyline, since whether Xavier knows it or not, he is not...actually dead.

(Like I don't think there's enough time left or narrative justification to necessitate bringing him in on his own back on Earth before the Big Final Fight, and they're just going handwave him being brought back with the rest from the WHR, even though.....that will make complications that I know better than to expect they'll ever be interested in resolving. Its so weird to be arguing AGAINST Bobby being involved in the end of an era lol but like. Please, just let him sit the rest of this out. It'll be better that way, honestly).

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    In the vein of my "I'm fine with Bobby not showing up the rest of this mess and would rather he get a big story about where he's been and what he's been up to since his solo in the next era" feelings, I'm hoping we don't see him lumped in with the rest of the resurrected X-Men for some big climactic 'triumphant' scene of them all emerging from the WHR to fight Nimrod in the next couple issues or in FotHoX #5. I have a feeling he'll be shoehorned in with the rest to explain him coming back with Warren, Akihiro and various other high profile X-characters who've died over the last year, because they care enough about having him present for the Big Group Shots in the big finale to make sure he's there, but not enough to factor in that this would literally result in yet another duplicate storyline, since whether Xavier knows it or not, he is not...actually dead.

(Like I don't think there's enough time left or narrative justification to necessitate bringing him in on his own back on Earth before the Big Final Fight, and they're just going handwave him being brought back with the rest from the WHR, even though.....that will make complications that I know better than to expect they'll ever be interested in resolving. Its so weird to be arguing AGAINST Bobby being involved in the end of an era lol but like. Please, just let him sit the rest of this out. It'll be better that way, honestly).
    I was thinking the other day that if they weren't going to include Bobby in the minis, it would've been better for him to have died at the end of his mini and then come back with the big final wave of resurrections. It would've been a bittersweet ending to his mini, with him sacrificing himself so Romeo could escape. Then we could have a big moment of Bobby, Warren and Jean leading the charge out of the WHR. As it is, like you, I'm worried about how they're going to handle it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    I was thinking the other day that if they weren't going to include Bobby in the minis, it would've been better for him to have died at the end of his mini and then come back with the big final wave of resurrections. It would've been a bittersweet ending to his mini, with him sacrificing himself so Romeo could escape. Then we could have a big moment of Bobby, Warren and Jean leading the charge out of the WHR. As it is, like you, I'm worried about how they're going to handle it.
    And just to be clear, I honestly don't think he's essential to the end of all this and how stuff plays out and we know he definitely will be coming back. I would tooootally be down for them to just, not have him the rest of this era and then if he is a main in like the still-unannounced X-Factor, have 'where has he been/what's going on with him' be a launch point for a new storyline. Giving him that breather would be a good thing for his character and have ppl genuinely interested in resolving the mystery of where he is, once the new era kicks off.....that would be MUCH more preferential than just shoehorning him in with a bunch of resurrections esp given that he shouldn't even be eligible. So fingers crossed that he isn't on Xavier's list, actually. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Yeah I finally read the end of the Orlando mini now that it’s on Unlimited and it is such an odd ending, in that it’s pretty optimistic. Like it’s clear that he is still around and fighting Orchis in small ways. The mini literally ends saying “see you soon!” It’s just crazy to think that we’ve gotten a whole mini bringing back Magneto and bringing him to the front lines, yet Bobby is still in limbo.

It seems way too late for Duggan to bring him in, so maybe he'll show up Unlimited by the Steves?

Astonishing Member

I mean, for months they sure did put a whole lot of relevance on the threat he posed to Orchis given that he was a direct target of Nimrod's and then his entire solo was about Orchis considering him a priority target.....only to now decide that actually, the fact that Nimrod and Orchis never managed to take him off the board is not relevant to the ongoing story at all. I laugh at it so I don't headbang in frustration. Gotta take care of my neck, see.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So killing Rachel and RIV was just to get them into the WHR or something? Were they able to just bring people back in the WHR super easy or did they need MRs help? The easy mode this story uses makes everything feel like it does not really matter.

It seems like Hope is already aware of something but I am still not sure how we get from here to Duggan's story.
    Xavier says Rachel is going to be pissed, so I think he's getting them out of the way for whatever he's about to go do, but telling the WHR to rez them so they're not dead dead.

I wish they weren't leaning so heavily into the "Prof X is a jerk" thing. Even though he killed Rachel and Rasputin to send them to the White Hot Room, he could have easily told them his plan beforehand and saved them all some grief.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt as she is Sinister's spawn, but a universal re-boot will probably get her back in some fashion.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I wish they weren't leaning so heavily into the "Prof X is a jerk" thing. Even though he killed Rachel and Rasputin to send them to the White Hot Room, he could have easily told them his plan beforehand and saved them all some grief.
    Agreed.

Ten characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Initially I doubted he wanted PF involved, but I guess I was wrong, with the reveals of this issue. This is definitely contrived to create a fissure going forward. This era will be remembered for a lot of character assassination regardless.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Initially I doubted he wanted PF involved, but I guess I was wrong, with the reveals of this issue. This is definitely contrived to create a fissure going forward. This era will be remembered for a lot of character assassination regardless.
    Professor X, Hank and Moira will have to compete.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    And just to be clear, I honestly don't think he's essential to the end of all this and how stuff plays out and we know he definitely will be coming back. I would tooootally be down for them to just, not have him the rest of this era and then if he is a main in like the still-unannounced X-Factor, have 'where has he been/what's going on with him' be a launch point for a new storyline. Giving him that breather would be a good thing for his character and have ppl genuinely interested in resolving the mystery of where he is, once the new era kicks off.....that would be MUCH more preferential than just shoehorning him in with a bunch of resurrections esp given that he shouldn't even be eligible. So fingers crossed that he isn't on Xavier's list, actually. LOL.
    Couldn't Super Phoenix be considered to have reached out and grabbed his consciousness from wherever it currently is and brought it into a body for the big resurrection?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lol, I mean, I think it can be presumed that if Xavier mentions he killed Rasputin with Rachel, it means he wants them to resurrect her. It would be a crazy side-bar to mention in conversation though.

Astonishing Member

Man this really turned into a right narrative mess didn't it? This is straight slaw compared to HoX/PoX. Outside of a few moments this end of the era really isn't hitting.

To echo quite a few peoples sentiments they should of had Ewing and to a lesser extent Gillen be the architects of the finale of Krakoa.