Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    So......

That's it?

Delroy is evil?

Man, I was really hoping for a swerve.
    I'd wait until the last page.

If nothing else, this is the end of the Orchis plotline. I don't see much benefit in making him a villain this late in the game

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'd wait until the last page.

If nothing else, this is the end of the Orchis plotline. I don't see much benefit in making him a villain this late in the game
    Especially since with Orchis going down along with Krakoa at the end of this, I'd think (or hope) Marvel would know somewhat better than to have any of its hero characters tainted by association with an organization that exists solely for the annihilation of mutantkind, if they wanted to keep them viable for future use.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

I think Duggan going so heavy on the buzzwords has definitely skewed things. There are villains who kill indiscriminately and would kill cities, countries, planets or galaxies worth of people. I don't know how teaming up with a group who is more picky is going to tarnish their reputation.

Always hated that they put Triathlon in that dumb looking 3-D Man suit and changed his name. But it is good to see that he is getting some use...will always see that character as a missed opportunity.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think Duggan going so heavy on the buzzwords has definitely skewed things. There are villains who kill indiscriminately and would kill cities, countries, planets or galaxies worth of people. I don't know how teaming up with a group who is more picky is going to tarnish their reputation.
    I think the pickiness is the problem. It's one thing if a bad guy wants to kill absolutely everyone in existence or everyone in immediate killing range of them, which is horrible in and of itself, though you can say such a villain is just utterly, insanely, wantonly murderous. Targeting that murderous intent at specific groupings of people out of prejudice toward those groupings isn't exactly something that can be easily justified or rationalized, if it can be at all, especially in light of the unfortunate history of genocide in real life.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think the pickiness is the problem. It's one thing if a bad guy wants to kill absolutely everyone in existence or everyone in immediate killing range of them, which is horrible in and of itself, though you can say such a villain is just utterly, insanely, wantonly murderous. Targeting that murderous intent at specific groupings of people out of prejudice toward those groupings isn't exactly something that can be easily justified or rationalized, if it can be at all, especially in light of the unfortunate history of genocide in real life.
    Which is why my comment is that the way Duggan went so heavy on relying on real world atrocities was the problem that might make some readers have issues with how some characters were used. Personally, I can move past it. We just went through an era where numerous characters who would often be the subject of someone saying "I don't believe in the death penalty but..." are seen as 'heroes'. I have read more than enough bad stories to never hold them against any character being used in future stories and I think most people will move past anything that is happening here.

Which is why my comment is that the way Duggan went so heavy on relying on real world atrocities was the problem that might make some readers have issues with how some characters were used. Personally, I can move past it. We just went through an era where numerous characters who would often be the subject of someone saying "I don't believe in the death penalty but..." are seen as 'heroes'. I have read more than enough bad stories to never hold them against any character being used in future stories and I think most people will move past anything that is happening here.
    Fair point there.

Ultimate Member

Yay!

That is all.

Very, very cool.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

This was okay but not anything that makes me think Mackay is going to be any better on X-Men than he has been on Avengers (which I dropped and only bought these two issues because they tied in).

Extraordinary Member

At the very least, it's a million times better than anything Duggan has put out in the last 12 months, and honestly I find it better than Gillen's stuff as well. So I've got more hope that the execution of adjectiveless will be an improvement over the current state of the X-Men line.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And deep sighs of relief were exhaled by all of 3-D Man's fans.

I really enjoyed this two-parter...as I've been enjoying MacKay's Avengers run from the beginning.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And deep sighs of relief were exhaled by all of 3-D Man's fans.

I really enjoyed this two-parter...as I've been enjoying MacKay's Avengers run from the beginning.
    Really cool twist with 3-D Man. The deep hypnosis was a nice surprise element.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Really cool twist with 3-D Man. The deep hypnosis was a nice surprise element.
    Yupp. Even though it was suspected 3-D was a double agent the "How" of it was unexpected and showed up T'Challa's strategic mind.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This was okay but not anything that makes me think Mackay is going to be any better on X-Men than he has been on Avengers (which I dropped and only bought these two issues because they tied in).
    At least Mackay seems to know how to write a team book.