Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Ultimate Spider-Man #4 PREVIEW

I wonder who Harry's wofe is? Gee, they stopped the preview just before we could see her

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ul...wife-teaser/#1

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

I have to say, it's impressive that Hickman's been making sure to put in what most readers would logically construe as being a potshot at One More Day/the post-OMD status quo once per issue so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    I have to say, it's impressive that Hickman's been making sure to put in what most readers would logically construe as being a potshot at One More Day/the post-OMD status quo once per issue so far.
    I’m sure it’s “just a bit of a branding problem”.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

That line got a huge public guffaw out of me.
    Spider-Man works in mysterious ways, Shelly. And wherever he is, he loves you.

I do think the preview would have been more effective if Marvel hadn't already revealed Harry's wife. But that's not on Hickman and co.

Solid set-up. And I like the interaction between Peter and MJ. And the way they both interact with Harry.

Preview looks great! Really excited about this issue as I love seeing Peter and MJ out on a date night together!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I do think the preview would have been more effective if Marvel hadn't already revealed Harry's wife. But that's not on Hickman and co.

Solid set-up. And I like the interaction between Peter and MJ. And the way they both interact with Harry.
    Agreed. It was pretty jarring to read that tease about the reveal as to the wife's identity when we already know. It's like they previewed the issue backwards.
    Spider-Man works in mysterious ways, Shelly. And wherever he is, he loves you.

Really looking forward to this!

Fantastic Member

Hahah I felt the same way about the branding problem quote. Dude knows his audience

They still haven't explicitly confirmed what MJ's job is...

Harry's hair keeps throwing me off without the cornrows.

I expected we were going to have Peter and Harry together and conversing before the double date but do the wives know what this is really about? Has Peter told MJ everything?

Astonishing Member

I think Hickman is saving the MJ reveal for later.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Marvel doesn't seem to have the best marketing team. This book is on fire, it certainly didn't need stuff spoiled to get people excited.

I suppose it was to drive up speculator sales "First Appearance Ultimate Gwen Stacey (2024)"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think Hickman is saving the MJ reveal for later.
    I know we're on issue 4 but for some reason it feels like issue 6.

new artist's struggling a tad on those faces. Excited to see his action

Is Harry...not fond of Gwen? lmao. Those final expressions are killing me

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Marvel doesn't seem to have the best marketing team. This book is on fire, it certainly didn't need stuff spoiled to get people excited.

I suppose it was to drive up speculator sales "First Appearance Ultimate Gwen Stacey (2024)"
    If Marvel's marketing is reading, yeah, you don't need to spoil a big surprise for us.

If it's for speculators, word of mouth will travel fast and do the work for you. It'll sell, and it'll sell out.

The fact that Uncle Ben being alive in this universe was a huge thrill! I'm glad that wasn't ruined for us in advance.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu