Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing spider-man #48 preview

The conflict setup is pretty forced

https://www.buzzcomics.net/showthread.php?t=86980

What I took away from the preview was: 1) still not picking this up; and 2) variant covers are really stupid.

I guess you can brainwash and turn the psychologist into a deranged Supervillain...but she's still a psychologist. But what a really surreal scene.

So like, is there a legit Hallow's Eve mask covering her face now or is it just makeup?

Ha ha, of course Betty Brant charges straight at Queen Goblin.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Didn't see this coming and thought for sure they were luring Peter in to begin with. What with Kafka in the shadows all the time grinning there really seems like there's another shoe waiting to drop, but if nothing else, it's a more interesting way to go about things.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess you can brainwash and turn the psychologist into a deranged Supervillain...but she's still a psychologist. But what a really surreal scene.

So like, is there a legit Hallow's Eve mask covering her face now or is it just makeup?

Ha ha, of course Betty Brant charges straight at Queen Goblin.
    Well, you might have something to look forward to here. If there's one character Pete will get to unequivocally beat in a fight it's probably going to be Ben lol

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Didn't see this coming and thought for sure they were luring Peter in to begin with. What with Kafka in the shadows all the time grinning there really seems like there's another shoe waiting to drop, but if nothing else, it's a more interesting way to go about things.
    Just your daily reminder not to piss off Betty Brant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Well, you might have something to look forward to here. If there's one character Pete will get to unequivocally beat in a fight it's probably going to be Ben lol
    Didn't do him much good in Dark Web.

Peter trying to de-escalate the situation with jazz hands. Rookie mistake. Should've tried juggling

Astonishing Member

What are the odds of the device getting damaged during the conflict leaving Ned and Ben plots unresolved?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Peter trying to de-escalate the situation with jazz hands. Rookie mistake. Should've tried juggling
    He knows what happens when he gets into fights with name characters in this book .

Still not making good art.

missben.jpg

... I miss the real Ben. Nobody wins here.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Fantastic Member

The total lack of compassion from Peter is one of the biggest bummers and imo examples of poor writing to keep the Chasm stuff strung along.

Ben died to save Peter's life. Thinking the person he was saving was his clone. When Ben was made to believe he was the real Peter Parker, he gave up his identity for who they both thought was a clone.

It's a shame that all that noble characterization is flushed for "Betty Jane HA HA!".

Also Ben made his bad guy villain costume's gloves claws and it makes no sense other than to to really drive home that he's eeevil and it makes me laugh every time
    Last edited by Coop; 04-18-2024 at 02:55 PM.

I don't want to or mean to be rude, because I truly do believe that not only is Zeb Wells actually trying, but that Nick Lowe meant it when he said he wanted to do Ben justice. But I'm sorry Lowe, you didn't. You really, really didn't and it shows on page consistently.

This just isn't the right direction for the character. It's completely devoid of anything that made people like Ben when he was created, and it's not treated with the seriousness that it should be. It just feels very misguided. Just make a brand new character instead of trying to turn Ben Reilly into something he's not

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    What are the odds of the device getting damaged during the conflict leaving Ned and Ben plots unresolved?
    My money is on that it gets damaged/destroyed in the conflict and Ben and Janine go on to blame Peter for ruining their chance at “fixing” Ben. After all, that’s basically what happened at the end of Beyond and Wells seems to just love repeating himself.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    missben.jpg

... I miss the real Ben. Nobody wins here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    The total lack of compassion from Peter is one of the biggest bummers and imo examples of poor writing to keep the Chasm stuff strung along.

Ben died to save Peter's life. Thinking the person he was saving was his clone. When Ben was made to believe he was the real Peter Parker, he gave up his identity for who they both thought was a clone.

It's a shame that all that noble characterization is flushed for "Betty Jane HA HA!".

Also Ben made his bad guy villain costume's gloves claws and it makes no sense other than to to really drive home that he's eeevil and it makes me laugh every time
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I don't want to or mean to be rude, because I truly do believe that not only is Zeb Wells actually trying, but that Nick Lowe meant it when he said he wanted to do Ben justice. But I'm sorry Lowe, you didn't. You really, really didn't and it shows on page consistently.

This just isn't the right direction for the character. It's completely devoid of anything that made people like Ben when he was created, and it's not treated with the seriousness that it should be. It just feels very misguided. Just make a brand new character instead of trying to turn Ben Reilly into something he's not
    Cosigned. Very much cosigned. Will wait to see how this leads into Chasm: Curse of Kaine, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.