Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    My money is on that it gets damaged/destroyed in the conflict and Ben and Janine go on to blame Peter for ruining their chance at “fixing” Ben. After all, that’s basically what happened at the end of Beyond and Wells seems to just love repeating himself.
    It would also put Peter/Spidey on the outs with Betty. Gotta compound the misery as we march onto the Reign of Spider-Goblin

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    It would also put Peter/Spidey on the outs with Betty. Gotta compound the misery as we march onto the Reign of Spider-Goblin
    Oh, that would be especially f***ed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Attachment 138975

... I miss the real Ben. Nobody wins here.
    Maybe we'll see Peter sleeping with a Scarlet Spider mask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Maybe Betty is next in-line to become a Goblin. She's already half-nutjob.

Incredible Member

Interested to see what comes next! Also digging the art by Todd Nauck...was never really into his Spidey work in the past, but this story seems to work for his style.

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Attachment 138975

... I miss the real Ben. Nobody wins here.
    this was his peak. Never should have been revive
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    this was his peak. Never should have been revive
    As Pet Sematary put it: "Sometimes, dead is better."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

still strange seeing Betty going crazy over Ned after cheating on the guy twice
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    The conflict setup is pretty forced

https://www.buzzcomics.net/showthread.php?t=86980
    So, are we trying to say that Ashley Kafka has always been behind the Hobgoblin or is this just about Kingsley's recent stories? Because either way, no...

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Interested to see what comes next! Also digging the art by Todd Nauck...was never really into his Spidey work in the past, but this story seems to work for his style.
    If precedent holds, probably Spider-Man not beating any of these guys or accomplishing much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    still strange seeing Betty going crazy over Ned after cheating on the guy twice
    This is Betty Brant. Crazy and possessive is her natural state.

“Guess what? I brainwashed the guy who brainwashed the guy!!!”
    “Please notice how cool I am now. Even though I’m like the 12th different goblin introduced.”
    I wonder when they talk to the editor and say something like…” No. No. This is the Mauve Goblin.”
    If they high five each other and think they’ve invented the wheel or something.
    I don’t know which storyline I’m looking forward to ending more…this one or the X-Men.

Amazing Member

So just to be clear, spider is aware something nefarious happened to both Ben and Dr Kafka, but he has no empathy/concern for Ben (far as I remember from dark web) and he just never gave a rip about Dr Kafka. Someone who was a close/trusted civilian friend to Spider-Man. (Yes a clone but a clone with Kafka’s memories)

Spidey’s been a hot head but post OMD he has been spectacularly inconsistent with loyalty. I guess it’s just easier to skip to the fighting that way.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    So just to be clear, spider is aware something nefarious happened to both Ben and Dr Kafka, but he has no empathy/concern for Ben (far as I remember from dark web) and he just never gave a rip about Dr Kafka. Someone who was a close/trusted civilian friend to Spider-Man. (Yes a clone but a clone with Kafka’s memories)

Spidey’s been a hot head but post OMD he has been spectacularly inconsistent with loyalty. I guess it’s just easier to skip to the fighting that way.
    Honestly, I think this run has kinda made Peter Parker a bad person. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As Pet Sematary put it: "Sometimes, dead is better."
    I'm pretty sure Peter Parker would prefer to be dead before keep suffering the tortures Marvel is making him pass through.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post

Something similar happened during Brand New Day.
    Maine returned and Peter was immediately antagonistic to Kaine. Problem is the last time Peter saw Kaine, Kaine had just admitted to killing the Salt Lake City detective and went to prison. Immediately after, Kaine was killed by Spider-Cide while Kaine was helping Ben. Kaine was a villain at the time, but he had nothing but respect for Peter. Then BND made it so they were both antagonistic to each other

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

So with Janine joining the Blood Hunters. How do Ben and Janine split?