Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I don't have any interest in the Heir book, but the covers are really nice. Also just now realizing how slutty that Apocalypse costume is, I approve.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. I’m real curious about this one. Especially since Cable isn’t anywhere to be found thus far in the new era books… hmm… my money is on him being the Heir and a status quo shift.
    Funny, these solicits actually gave me a totally different thought.....we know Thorne originally pitched this X-Force idea back in 2020, right? I'm wondering if it was picked now because Forge winning the Apocalypse tournament and getting a power boost and a shift in focus segued well into that pitch direction, and Forge's approach to the Apocalypse mission statement is to try and evolve the whole world in a way, by using his new power level or upgrades to pick a team he's designed to be the optimal fix.

Like Apocalypse was focused on survival of the fittest, but maybe Forge when cast in a similar role is focused on like, trying to fix what he sees as design flaws in evolution....not just human/mutant evolution, but the evolution of Earth's civilizations as a whole.

And after all, given mutant circuits as an example of mutant technology, Magneto going to Forge way back during Planet-Size X-Men to design a mutant circuit capable of terraforming worlds could be a similar idea.....Forge can design any tech, including mutant circuits capable of achieving any specific end goal, in theory.

See, I kind of figure whoever becomes the Heir will get a different look. My guess is maybe Forge’s mission has something to do with this, and the outcome of the tournament, but someone else won and took on the mantle of Heir… someone larger who may be hiding their identity.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

See, I kind of figure whoever becomes the Heir will get a different look. My guess is maybe Forge’s mission has something to do with this, and the outcome of the tournament, but someone else won and took on the mantle of Heir… someone larger who may be hiding their identity.
    Fair enough. I think Thorne's response in the X-Force thread heavily suggests against that though. If Cable did win the Tournament, having Apocalypse's actual heir be on the team wouldn't really fit with the idea that its definitely Forge's team and Forge's mission. If Cable won, it likely has nothing to do with X-Force and he'll show up elsewhere but there's no sign of that so far, whereas we do have Forge leading a team with his own mission statement that spins directly out of some kind of power upgrade (either permanent or temporary) that lets him see everything that needs fixing about the Earth, seemingly. So that's where I'm putting my bets currently, but we'll see.

Forge’s team and Forge’s mission… sure. But what better way to keep an eye on a major potential threat than to keep it close? After all, I’d imagine whoever becomes the Heir and takes on Apocalypse’s sacred Celestial duty is far too dangerous to just let roam the world unattended… especially when one is using their powers to fix the world as their core mission statement.

It’s just a theory, but it makes some sense. And the writer was pretty quick to respond to me with, “Forge is not a stand-in for Cable here, it’s Forge’s team, and I’m not saying who Tank is even if someone guesses right.” To paraphrase the Bard, “methinks he dost protest too much.”
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-18-2024 at 04:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Forge’s team and Forge’s mission… sure. But what better way to keep an eye on a major potential threat than to keep it close? After all, I’d imagine whoever becomes the Heir and takes on Apocalypse’s sacred Celestial duty is far too dangerous to just let roam the world unattended… especially when one is using their powers to fix the world as their core mission statement.

It’s just a theory, but it makes some sense. And the writer was pretty quick to respond to me with, “I’m not saying who it is even if someone guesses right.” To paraphrase the Bard, “methinks he dost protest too much.”
    Touché. And other things adding up to ten characters worth of post content.

(Me? Posting something that's too SHORT? There really is a first time for everything).

Back to 0. My wallet feels thicker already.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Ultimate X-Men
    Maybe X-Force if I here good things about it
    And any books that will tie into August' big X-Men event: Horrors of Hellion
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Touché. And other things adding up to ten characters worth of post content.

(Me? Posting something that's too SHORT? There really is a first time for everything).
    Ha. Thanks. Like I said, just a theory on my part. I’m probably wrong, but it kind of checks out. I also don’t think Forge needs a power upgrade to set his powers to fixing what’s broken in the world. He’s the ultimate mutant engineer and I’m quite sure could already do that if he tried. He just hasn’t… until now. Because he’s discovered something, as per the solicit for issue #1. Hmm… I’m getting more intrigued by this book now.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Funny, these solicits actually gave me a totally different thought.....we know Thorne originally pitched this X-Force idea back in 2020, right? I'm wondering if it was picked now because Forge winning the Apocalypse tournament and getting a power boost and a shift in focus segued well into that pitch direction, and Forge's approach to the Apocalypse mission statement is to try and evolve the whole world in a way, by using his new power level or upgrades to pick a team he's designed to be the optimal fix.

Like Apocalypse was focused on survival of the fittest, but maybe Forge when cast in a similar role is focused on like, trying to fix what he sees as design flaws in evolution....not just human/mutant evolution, but the evolution of Earth's civilizations as a whole.

And after all, given mutant circuits as an example of mutant technology, Magneto going to Forge way back during Planet-Size X-Men to design a mutant circuit capable of terraforming worlds could be a similar idea.....Forge can design any tech, including mutant circuits capable of achieving any specific end goal, in theory.
    It's an interesting theory. I've been wondering how this power upgrade for Forge comes about. "X-FORCE kicks off with Forge unlocking an Omega-Level aspect of his one-of-a-kind power of invention." The Celestial tech could be the way. Very interesting theory.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I guess Heirs of Apocalypse will be the last time we see Laura in that costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsarchamp View Post
    Ultimate X-Men by Pepe Larraz

Attachment 138976

Attachment 138977
    It somehow still feels anime.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It's an interesting theory. I've been wondering how this power upgrade for Forge comes about. "X-FORCE kicks off with Forge unlocking an Omega-Level aspect of his one-of-a-kind power of invention." The Celestial tech could be the way. Very interesting theory.
    True… but it also could be another character who becomes the Heir who unlocks it for him using their newfound enhanced abilities and/or Celestial tech too, assuming that person and Forge have some shared history together and perhaps once before tried to save the world from emerging threats that they saw happening before anyone else…

Again, just a working theory here.

X-Force #1
    X-Men #1
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

X-Men
    X-Force
    Heir of Apocalypse

Maybe Phoenix, depending on what others say about it.

X-men
    X-force
    Psylocke
    HoA