Cool Venom War, by Al Ewing and Iban Coello : “Father vs. Son”

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ng-iban-coello

This August, the next milestone symbiote event arrives in Al Ewing and Iban Coello’s VENOM WAR.

A master at planning out epic storylines, Ewing has been laying the foundation for VENOM WAR since the very beginning of his current run of VENOM. Limitless in scope, the series has followed Eddie Brock and his son, Dylan, on separate journeys as the symbiote heroes. But after both have terrifying glimpses of the future, they realize only one of them can be Venom. Their father and son feud will become everyone’s problem as past and present symbiote characters alike are forced to take a side!

Last Venom standing! The Venom symbiote has bonded with both Eddie Brock and his son Dylan at different points. Now, both Brocks are going head-to-head, determined to be the one true Venom! Father versus son in a showdown of showdowns that threatens to tear the world asunder! From heavyweight talent champions Ewing and Coello comes a Battle for the ‘Biote like you’ve never seen!

"This is what we've been building to since the start of this wild and way-out symbiote odyssey—the fateful confrontation between father and son!” Ewing explained. “Where better to have it than inside the squared circle? And who better to bring this all-action epic to the page with than my old buddy Iban Coello? I'm tellin' ya, goo believer—this is vehemently varied Venom violence like never viewed, and only one host can wear the symbiote when the dust settles! Who's it gonna be?"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Well, this ought to be something.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

I did Ewing's Venom run so I am game to check this out

Im tradewaiting Venom so I'm game. I wonder why its seperate from the main run.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-18-2024 at 06:52 PM.

Ultimate Member

I guess this means everything ends with Eddie as "the one true Venom".

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Like Peter Parker at the end of the Clone Saga as "the one true Spider-Man"?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

If Eddie and Venom are not reunited afterb this then i call meh. I dont want Dyan in Venom Symbiote Personally
    X-Men Forever

Ewing got me--I am a goo believer

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I dont mind Dylan getting a different ID.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Looks like we're reaching the finale of Ewing's run.

Curious to see how this ends.

I was going to put this in the main Venom thread, but if this is the end of the current run, then I hope Venom Planet spoilers:
    wraps up the storyline in Daniel Way's 03-04 Venom run. It's random as hell, I know, but I'm hoping it does. The villain's big plan was to force Venom to keep spawning new symbiotes so it would kill all life on Earth. And he succeeded too - but nothing ever came of it.

Maybe retcon "Bob" (yes that was the villain's name) and have him be Meridius in disguise? IDK, I just would love that story to be finished, even if it was mostly terrible.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Man With No Name View Post
    I was going to put this in the main Venom thread, but if this is the end of the current run, then I hope Venom Planet spoilers:
    wraps up the storyline in Daniel Way's 03-04 Venom run. It's random as hell, I know, but I'm hoping it does. The villain's big plan was to force Venom to keep spawning new symbiotes so it would kill all life on Earth. And he succeeded too - but nothing ever came of it.

Maybe retcon "Bob" (yes that was the villain's name) and have him be Meridius in disguise? IDK, I just would love that story to be finished, even if it was mostly terrible.
    end of spoilers
    That could be something, yeah.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I wonder if Carnage ends or is on hiatus during the event?
    X-Men Forever