Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Wolverine catches his prey, gets to rub it in Scotts face, then grows bored. Seems about right.

But I like how Jeen has no sense of attraction at all to Wolverine. Editorial followed my advice: *in Mean Girls voice* Stop trying to make Jean/Logan happen. It's not going to happen. (Out of that grossness called What if? AvX)
    I like that too...I was pleasantly surprised by it, actually...but, like I said in another thread, I'm surprised he hasn't been creeping on Jeen anyway...he started going after her when she was barely legal and he really likes hanging out with little girls so this should be his dream come true.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 09-10-2014 at 04:00 PM.

BANNED

Crawler and Kitty actually had decent story roles in a couple of those movies. They weren't huge, but they weren't something you'd miss when watching them.

As for Cyclops' presence in the books:
    lol He's overshadowed EVERY character. If Cyclops is your thing, you get plenty of Cyclops-focused stories from Grant Morrison up to the present day. No other character in comics black holes a franchise the way Cyclops has been doing for the past decade or so.

I don't get what you guys are mad about. You act like he didn't appear in the movies at all, just because the movies didn't concentrate every minute of film on him. Even if he never appeared in the movies, the main X-comic has been devoted to him for a decade.

There is nothing for you guys to cry about.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeSoSlim View Post
    Crawler and Kitty actually had decent story roles in a couple of those movies. They weren't huge, but they weren't something you'd miss when watching them.

lol He's overshadowed EVERY character. If Cyclops is your thing, you get plenty of Cyclops-focused stories from Grant Morrison up to the present day. No other character in comics black holes a franchise the way Cyclops has been doing for the past decade or so.

I don't get what you guys are mad about. You act like he didn't appear in the movies at all, just because the movies didn't concentrate every minute of film on him. Even if he never appeared in the movies, the main X-comic has been devoted to him for a decade.

It's your gross generalizations that tick me off.
    Not to mention Kitty and Crawler getting more time than Cyclops, who as the X-men's leader, should have gotten a better amount of time. X3, anyone? I don't mind other characters getting their good time of exposition, but Cyke, as an important X-man, deserved more.
    inb4 you falsely interpreting this as me saying he deserved 99% of the movie -_-
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 09-10-2014 at 04:08 PM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Why does Cyclops "deserve" more time than Nightcrawler or Kitty?

Methinks some of you have been far too spoiled by this past decade of X-Men comics. Regardless of what the editor in chief says, there are other characters besides Cyclops, many of which are capable of pushing a multi-million-dollar X-Men movie.

I, for one, think Nightcrawler and Kitty are awesome. That scene with Kurt in the White House was amazing. It was the Quicksilver scene of its time.

Astonishing Member

They were glorified cameos in a couple of the films...that were still ALL about Wolverine.

Morrison actually focused on Jean and Emma far more than Cyclops OR Wolverine...and Wolverine has gotten just as much focus as Cyclops if not more...he's even been forced into multiple series in an entirely different franchise even though it makes no sense at all for him to be there.

He had a bit part in a few of the movies, never even got any really cool scenes, and then got killed OFF CAMERA in the first 15 minutes of a film adapting a story that should have put him front and center throughout...even Jean got the shaft in that movie as the perverted the whole point of the Phoenix saga (that she was ready to kill herself rather than hurt the ones she loves) by doing the whole thing ass backwards and turning it into another prop to make Wolverine look cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    the whole point of the Phoenix saga (that she was ready to kill herself rather than hurt the ones she loves) by doing the whole thing ass backwards and turning it into another prop to make Wolverine look cool.
    That movie was awful overall, but this was indeed one of its more egregious sins.

Astonishing Member

Methinks some of you have been far too spoiled by this past decade of X-Men comics. Regardless of what the editor in chief says, there are other characters besides Cyclops, many of which are capable of pushing a multi-million-dollar X-Men movie.

I, for one, think Nightcrawler and Kitty are awesome. That scene with Kurt in the White House was amazing. It was the Quicksilver scene of its time.
    You just hit the nail on the head...they get ONE good scene...Wolverine gets 6 whole movies (and counting)...and don't talk to me about being spoiled by the last decade of comics with more Cyclops focus because I've been reading the books for 25 years and there have been extended periods where Cyclops wasn't even on the team or was "dead"...NO character has gotten anywhere close to the focus that Wolverine has over the years...yes, he's popular... but the X-Men First Class film proves that even an X-film of mainly b,c, & d listers can still be popular.

Because Cyclops is bigger. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Same reason Wolverine recieved half the movie, Storm got her good scenes, and Jean was written as the main X-woman. Hell, even if he had 75% of the time that was alotted to Kitty or Nightcrawler, I'd be happy, not the sorry lines he was given.

Methinks someone completely forgets the man in their avatar has never been overshadowed by Cyke, and is simply jealous of the fact said character never got the girl Cyke did. but of course, unlike said someone, I wont say pose that as fact, as I don't know if it's true

And no one is debating that.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

What does Cyclops' weight have to do with whether or not Nightcrawler should be given time for a, frankly, really really cool teleportation scene in which he almost assassinates the president?

Who cares if Cyclops is bigger? It's not about muscles.

Edit: Where did anyone get the idea that I was saying Wolverine didn't get enough movie time. He got tons, for the record. The second solo movie was pretty good.
    Last edited by HeSoSlim; 09-10-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    It's funny...I didn't care much for Earth X but it showed pretty exactly what I thought Jean/Wolverine as a couple would look like...boring, fat, and miserable.
    Oh, argh, those scenes were pretty awful but horribly compelling somehow. I'm still pretending that there is no version of Logan out there who is actually like that even in the most AU of AUs.

Last edited by elgrey; 09-10-2014 at 04:34 PM.
    Still really, really pissed off that they're killing Logan instead of resolving Schism.

What does Cyclops' weight have to do with whether or not Nightcrawler should be given time for a, frankly, really really cool teleportation scene in which he almost assassinates the president? Who cares if Cyclops is bigger? It's not about muscles.
    Bigger as in More Important..........

Edit: Where did anyone get the idea that I was saying Wolverine didn't get enough movie time. He got tons, for the record. The second solo movie was pretty good.
    You're total bashing on Cyke and how he's already important, so we shouldn't be "greedy". Ask a Storm fan if they're okay with the time she was given, the actress chosen, and the lines/importance allotted to her. Hope they aren't "greedy" either

BANNED

Bigger as in More Important..........
    How so? And how did not acknowledging that Cyclops is "more important" than the other characters hurt the X-Men movies in any measurable way?

How is this importance calculated?

You're total bashing on Cyke and how he's already important, so we shouldn't be "greedy". Ask a Storm fan if they're okay with the time she was given, the actress chosen, and the lines/importance allotted to her. Hope they aren't "greedy" either
    Storm's portrayal was very limited in the movies and on top of that, she hasn't been much of a focus in the narrative of the comics, despite appearing many books. I can see where they would be a little bothered.

I'll care about Cyclops fans crying about movie appearances when the character isn't the main focus of the comics version of the X-Men every single year. There's no comparison, really.
    Last edited by HeSoSlim; 09-10-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'll care about Cyclops fans crying about movie appearances when the character isn't the main focus of the comics version of the X-Men every single year. There's no comparison, really.
    But it's perfectly ok if Wolverine gets MORE focus in the comics (which he has, whether you want to admit it or not) AND gets ALL the focus in the movies? The only reason you don't care is because it's your preferred character.
    Last edited by grinningdemon; 09-10-2014 at 04:56 PM.

How so? And how did not acknowledging that Cyclops is "more important" than the other characters hurt the X-Men movies in any measurable way?

How is this importance calculated?
    It's not the acknowledgement that he is more important (which I didn't say was the point) was necessary, it was the exposition.
    Influence in the Marvel world, were Cyclops is clearly important, after Wolverine, of course. There's reason we didn't get Maggot, Neal (Thunderbird) and No Girl in the movies: they weren't important enough.

Storm's portrayal was very limited in the movies and on top of that, she hasn't been much of a focus in the narrative of the comics, despite appearing many books. I can see where they would be a little bothered.
    Oh, but as the leading X-woman after Jean, she surely has had more than enough exposition. they shouldn't be bothered, as that seems to fit well for your "greedy" term.
    So, since he is big on the comics, screw him in the movies. Just say that from the beginning. I'm sure you must REALLY dislike/not care about Wolverine then.........

BANNED

It's not the acknowledgement that he is more important (which I didn't say was the point) was necessary, it was the exposition.
    Influence in the Marvel world, were Cyclops is clearly important, after Wolverine, of course. There's reason we didn't get Maggot, Neal (Thunderbird) and No Girl in the movies: they weren't important enough.
    We didn't get Maggot or Thunderbird because they don't have a huge fanbase and they are not that interesting.

Oh, but as the leading X-woman after Jean, she surely has had more than enough exposition. they shouldn't be bothered, as that seems to fit well for your "greedy" term.
    The stories have't featured Storm in any major or notable way in years. Point blank.

So, since he is big on the comics, screw him in the movies. Just say that from the beginning. I'm sure you must REALLY dislike/not care about Wolverine then.........
    I'm saying, virtually every other character is screwed over waaay, waay worse, particularly because the X-Men as a comics franchise is largely focused on Cyclops. You're essentially whining because you have $5,000,000 and not $10,000,000. It's like...really dude?