Fantastic Member

Default Are there collections for the original end runs of Batman and Detective?

I remember being pissed when it was announced that Action and Detective would not see their 1000th issues, due to the New 52 reboot. I know Snyder was writing Detective, but are there collections for those final stories? Batman too? I bought the floppies for Superman and Action a few years ago, but I’ve now decided to finish the original Batman/Detective runs. Am I better off with floppies here too? I’m looking for the collection titles if they exist. Thanks.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Detective Comics' end was Snyder's run, so the last run of #871–881 is collected in Black Mirror.

Batman: Life After Death - Batman #692–699
    Batman: Time and the Batman - Batman #700–703
    Batman: Eye of the Beholder - Batman #704–707, 710–712
    Batman: Gotham Shall Be Judged - Batman #708–709; Red Robin #22; Gotham City Sirens #22; Azrael #14–18

Batman and Robin: Dark Knight vs. White Knight - Batman and Robin #17–25

Batman: The Dark Knight – Golden Dawn - Batman: The Dark Knight #1–5; Batman: The Return #1; Superman/Batman #75

I think a bunch of these are really pricey now so singles might be the way to go.

There's a pretty good list of everything here, if you're willing to search though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ected_editions
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Fantastic Member

Thank you! I will look into these! Titles are a big help, but I’ll look into mycomicshop and evilbay as well. Compare/contrast

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Detective Comics' end was Snyder's run, so the last run of #871–881 is collected in Black Mirror.

Batman: Life After Death - Batman #692–699
    Batman: Time and the Batman - Batman #700–703
    Batman: Eye of the Beholder - Batman #704–707, 710–712
    Batman: Gotham Shall Be Judged - Batman #708–709; Red Robin #22; Gotham City Sirens #22; Azrael #14–18

Batman and Robin: Dark Knight vs. White Knight - Batman and Robin #17–25

Batman: The Dark Knight – Golden Dawn - Batman: The Dark Knight #1–5; Batman: The Return #1; Superman/Batman #75

I think a bunch of these are really pricey now so singles might be the way to go.

There's a pretty good list of everything here, if you're willing to search though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ected_editions
    Dude you were spot on. Got most of Batman and the Detective runs for reasonable prices, but what’s so special about Detective #880? $$$, Red Robin too. Nuts to me.

Incredible Member

The final issue of the original Batman run (#713) was never collected

Batman: Eye of the Beholder Batman #704–707, 710–712

https://www.dc.com/comics/batman-713

A15a0Izig6L._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    The final issue of the original Batman run (#713) was never collected

Batman: Eye of the Beholder Batman #704–707, 710–712

https://www.dc.com/comics/batman-713

A15a0Izig6L._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

I bought one on the cheap.