Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

I would definitely prefer to have some of the "reformed" bad guys stay reformed, which means a few of the classic Brotherhood guys. Pyro was actively working with X-Men, even if they were calling themselves "Marauders" at the time, Blob seemed happy to just tend bar (and even Blob joining the bad guys in Uncanny Avengers was only because he thought he was following Cyclops), Avalanche tried to join the X-Men. Toad has been through a lot (and will hopefully get resurrected with everyone else at the end of Fall of X), and I just want him to actually be happy for awhile. Anyone one of these guys could turn "bad" again out of anger or bitterness at what's happened to Krakoa, but I'd rather they stay semi-good, or at least retired from super-villiany. Or at least give them some nuance if they wind up on a Brotherhood again, like a re-villianized Pyro should still hesitate to attack people like Storm, Iceman or Bishop, whom he bonded with as a Marauder. Similarly, Frenzy and Tempo should stay on the side of heroes.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fabian Cortez go bad again and lead a new Brotherhood, he's such a hilarious little weasel. There are plenty of other Acolytes or MLF members that could use some play. Anne-Marie Cortez has been dead forever, the Kleinstock Bros, Unuscione, Spoor, Dragoness, Wildside, Reaper, Thumbelina, etc. And for an actual Brotherhood alumn, Phantazia. She hasn't gotten to do anything in forever.

I could see Mystique and Destiny going either way, they are fun grey-area characters that have leaned more heroic during the Krakoa era. They might form a new Brotherhood if Destiny got a vision showing that it was necessary.

Edit - oh, and I forgot, Mastermind! He never really reformed doing the Krakoa era. Or either of the two Mastermind sisters (or both).
    Last edited by Pumpkin King; 04-22-2024 at 05:57 AM.

I'd like to see a new Brotherhood form with mutants from various factions around the globe. Make it an entire network of mutants, not just a group of five people.

Mystique
    Fabian Cortez
    Miss Mass
    Whirlwind
    Snake (China Force)
    Gorgeous George
    Tower
    Time Shadow
    Max Rocker
    Transfaser and Leecher from The BioGenes
    Lucy Robinson from The Promise
    Avril Davis
    Thornn
    Random
    Empath
    Tick Tock
    Adrienne Frost
    King Bedlam and Tarot
    Scanner, Unuscionne, and other Acolytes
    Various Morlocks
    Onyxx, Flubber, Ernst, Snot, Infestation, Tin Man
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think it will be a missed opportunity if we don't get a villains book during From the Ashes. Just like the X-Men splinter and struggle as they get back to the wider world post-Krakoa, surely at least some of the reformed villains of the Krakoa era must be thinking about getting back to their old ways. A Mystique and Destiny-led new Brotherhood of Mutants book seems like a no-brainer to me. Exodus leading a new Acolytes group. The possibilities are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    [/B]

Exactly that...who were some who might not be happy with how things have ended, who might have felt disillusioned and hurt? Someone suggested Winddancer in the original post which I love Sophia but thinking about it, she might be a good one to be more let down.
    Icarus, Match, Wolfcub...Thunderbird, Mercury, Bling...who might be some interesting choices to stand in defiance against what has happened other than the usual suspects?
    I'd love for Wind Dancer to have her villain arc. That said, I think she'd be harder to crack. Sure, Krakoa let her down. But it gave her back her powers and reunited her with her dead friends. And unlike most other Academy X kids, she left achool before the X-Men let them all down and abandoned them. She also sees the best in others, so I'd honestly see her trying to reform villains and inspirethem with hope, if anything.

Hellion would be a good choice. He already tried turning evil when the X-Men first abandoned him. This time, there's no evil-ish Magneto to stop him. And he's only been mistreated by humans and X-Men since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Juggernaut needs to be on the team. Even though he's not a mutant, of course. I still have a problem with his face turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Juggernaut needs to be on the team. Even though he's not a mutant, of course. I still have a problem with his face turn.
    I prefer Juggernaut as a villain too.

Or well, at least a Juggernaut; it doesn't have to be Cain. He can retire and live a life as a human, while someone else gets the cytorakk gem.

Poor Colossus always gets his spotlight as the "big guy" stolen.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Pyro, Avalanche and Blob should at least be at the wedding.
    My flag is bacon.

Could you imagine pyro nudging avalanche on the ribs and avalanche is just like “nah I’m good”