Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Default Bring on the BAD GUYS! Time to bring back the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants...

Someone on twitter or I guess more appropriately...X, posted a comment about now that the Krakoan era has ended, there should be some familiar faces getting angry about the end of their lovely little experiment and causing some problems. One of the things I liked most about the Krakoan era was that it wasn't heroes fighting heroes all the time again, yes, they bickered amongst themselves...but the villains were actually villains. Sometimes hiding in plain sight and sometimes not even hiding (Looking at you Shaw.) I've always had a problem with everyone just getting along in mutantdom. There's GOT to be differing opinions and ethics. It's great that Magneto is now a hero along with Greycrow and Pyro and Mystique and Destiny (they are...right?) But we need some contrast. I'm old school. I like my heroes to have actual villains.
    So who are some of the established characters that you think would work as villains or if not as out right villains what about foils? Opposites in beliefs or characters who are just pissed off that Krakoa has ended and they want people to know about it. Or maybe they think they have a better way of doing things and it starts with Anarky....?

I will post mine a little later when I've been able to give it some more thought.

(And maybe they will be doing this in some form...who knows, but for now, let's have fun with ideas...)
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Mighty Member

A little mix of everyone from Brotherhood, Freedom Force, Acolytes and MLF
    Mystique
    Destiny
    Pyro
    Avalanche
    Cortez
    Reaper
    Super Sabre
    Phantazia

I'm old school. I like my heroes to have actual villains. So who are some of the established characters that you think would work as villains or if not as out right villains what about foils? Opposites in beliefs or characters who are just pissed off that Krakoa has ended and they want people to know about it. Or maybe they think they have a better way of doing things and it starts with Anarky....?
    I agree, I miss having mutants who opposed the dream.

As for my brotherhood, really wanted to emphasize the "evil brotherhood" with literal brothers and sisters.

Vulcan
    Zaladane
    Threnody
    Silver Samurai
    Phantanzia
    Sabre
    Aries

Krakoa era pretty much proved that there is no difference between the traditional “Bad Guys” and the X-Men. The X-Men are the bad guys now. At the very lease they are Anti-Villians.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think they should recreate some villain groups, but not with those who became more hero like lately, such as Pyro, Exodus, Frenzy etcetera.

An MLF still would be a good team with Reaper, Wildside, Forearm, Samurai and more

Acolytes with Cortez, Unuscione, Kleinstocks, Scanner etcetera

Marauders with Arclight, Aries, Prism, Harpoon etcetera

Brotherhood with some loose cannons like Phantazia, Sienna Blaze, Avalanche, Crimson Commando etcetera
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

As long as they bring back the word evil in their name

I personally feel like a lot of the previous members have evolved beyond the basic "evil mutant team" mindset. Mystique and Destiny might not be great morally, but they seem too heightened after Krakoa to just fall back on an evil mutant team. Blob seems more down to earth and grounded, Avalanche was in the running to be a full-fledged X-Men member. Putting them on a new Brotherhood just feels like backsliding to me. With that in mind, my team would be...

Selene
    Mesmero
    Mastermind

The trifecta of leadership. Really, just Selene and Mesmero but Mastermind is no foot soldier. Plus, he's kinda the Purple Man of the X-Men.

Arclight
    Riptide
    Wildside

They've been around and haven't really moved to the side of angels like some of their former teammates have

Shriek

I always like it when a mutant from outside the X-Men universe comes in, for either good or ill. In this case, Shriek from the Spider-offices (was going to go Whirlwind but he's too close to Riptide).

Feral
    Random

And finally, I think in cases like this it's good to see some folks who were previously (sorta-kinda) on the side of angels wind up on the bad side of things, to show how much the dream has failed them.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I personally feel like a lot of the previous members have evolved beyond the basic "evil mutant team" mindset. Mystique and Destiny might not be great morally, but they seem too heightened after Krakoa to just fall back on an evil mutant team. Blob seems more down to earth and grounded, Avalanche was in the running to be a full-fledged X-Men member. Putting them on a new Brotherhood just feels like backsliding to me. With that in mind, my team would be...

Selene
    Mesmero
    Mastermind

The trifecta of leadership. Really, just Selene and Mesmero but Mastermind is no foot soldier. Plus, he's kinda the Purple Man of the X-Men.

Arclight
    Riptide
    Wildside

They've been around and haven't really moved to the side of angels like some of their former teammates have

Shriek

I always like it when a mutant from outside the X-Men universe comes in, for either good or ill. In this case, Shriek from the Spider-offices (was going to go Whirlwind but he's too close to Riptide).

Feral
    Random

And finally, I think in cases like this it's good to see some folks who were previously (sorta-kinda) on the side of angels wind up on the bad side of things, to show how much the dream has failed them.

Exactly that...who were some who might not be happy with how things have ended, who might have felt disillusioned and hurt? Someone suggested Winddancer in the original post which I love Sophia but thinking about it, she might be a good one to be more let down.
    Icarus, Match, Wolfcub...Thunderbird, Mercury, Bling...who might be some interesting choices to stand in defiance against what has happened other than the usual suspects?
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Krakoa era pretty much proved that there is no difference between the traditional “Bad Guys” and the X-Men. The X-Men are the bad guys now. At the very lease they are Anti-Villians.
    I agree. Can't wait for this era to be completely swept under the rug.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

The X-Men need real villains again, so I'm down for a new Brotherhood of Evil (mutants optional). It would have to be a team comprised of morally and ethically compromised individuals...

Dark Beast
    Siena Blaze
    Hellion
    Homine Verandi
    Miss Sinister
    Cassandra Nova (Leader)
    Empath
    Sabretooth

Emplate is right there to create a new Emplate clan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Emplate is right there to create a new Emplate clan.
    And has a serious reason to break out the fresh villainy. He's spent the time on Krakoa living large, 'eating' psychic energy from thousands of mutants, as part of the psychic feed going to Krakoa itself, and now he's cut off again.

Time to find a new food source, yes? It was nice not having to hunt for scraps from rando nobody mutants, when you could drink right from the cup of mutants like Jean and Storm and Exodus and Hope and Xavier. Now who's an 'Omega' that him and a few clever souls could bring down and use for nummies? Hmm...

Phantazia - I always wanted her to go good.

The Original Marauders - not much (if anything) was known about them prior to Sinister’s involvement. Were they evil clones of good mutants? If resurrected back to their original states who would they be??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Tobias Messenger and the Promise please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And has a serious reason to break out the fresh villainy. He's spent the time on Krakoa living large, 'eating' psychic energy from thousands of mutants, as part of the psychic feed going to Krakoa itself, and now he's cut off again.

Time to find a new food source, yes? It was nice not having to hunt for scraps from rando nobody mutants, when you could drink right from the cup of mutants like Jean and Storm and Exodus and Hope and Xavier. Now who's an 'Omega' that him and a few clever souls could bring down and use for nummies? Hmm...
    I do hope it's explored in X-factor by Steve Foxe (dreaming).