Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marilee View Post
    I don't know... Do we see Clark saying how proud he is of Kara, how brave she was, and how much he loves her and will miss her... No, we see her going on about how she loves him and how he's so important to the world and how he taught her how to be brave and how good he is. All he says after he tells her to stay is that she did manage to destroy the machines.

I'm not saying that there wasn't a feeling of love and such between the two of them. He's obviously upset and all. I just would have thought that since *she's the one that's dying*, there could be more about her as opposed to him. But that's just me.
    I guess it boils down to what satisfies you. It's your right.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    ... I think it’s mostly about them coming to the comics community and hearing about it as opposed to discovering and recognizing it’s uniqueness and quality for themselves.
    At the time CoIE and Watchmen came out they were different and groundbreaking compared to everything else of the period and imo that’s lost on people who can’t experience them in that context.
    That's a sound point. That era of comics in particular was doing stuff that had never been seen before (especially within the confines of DC). It's probably not realistic to expect subsequent generations of reader to fully get why it's such a big deal to those of us there at the time.

In a similar fashion, there's probably no explaining the impact of The Fall Of The Twin Towers on 9/11 to anyone born after 1995 or 1996.

Speaking of suffering before death, my next choice would be Beetroot (T^T)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Speaking of suffering before death, my next choice would be Beetroot (T^T)

Yeah. And this makes me miss Allistaire.