Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

A Dazzler power up would be that she can create hard-light holograms, giving her the ability to create solid forms like weapons, or even clones of herself like Multiple Man.

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Nycroft View Post
    A Dazzler power up would be that she can create hard-light holograms, giving her the ability to create solid forms like weapons, or even clones of herself like Multiple Man.
    Like AOA Dazzler could (regarding the hard light holograms).

In Exiles, Firestar was able to transform her body into pure microwave energy. Would be cool if she could do that in the 616.

Mighty Member

Tag- Currently, he uses a form of telepathy to make folks it. I would just push his powers to psionic command inducement where he can make things happen by force of wield. He could make folks sleep, stop moving, move faster, etc. I would push his power to not only affect people but non inanimate objects and the environment as well.

Risque- I would lean into Risque being a full blown gravity manipulation .. She doesn't just implode inorganic matter she manipulates gravity in this totality.

Husk- We need her to use her powers how they were used in the AOA. We need to forget about the personality issues or what Chuck Austen said about her powers. Go back to the AOA version power usage and expand. Let husk master how to duplicate certain folks appearances, let her have gas and liquid forms, maybe even let her have combo forms with like example.. mix metals or one half vibranium body with energy arms..
    Cece Reyes- Force field manipulation and expansion. Outside of the time she was hooked on rave, CeCe hasnt shown much potential with her force fields. While I would have hear specialize on micro shields to aid her in surgery, I would also ramp her up so she can make domes, bridges, spikes, and even channel concussive force blasts via her force field powers. She has shown hints of this but its never been fully fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Cece Reyes- Force field manipulation and expansion. Outside of the time she was hooked on rave, CeCe hasnt shown much potential with her force fields. While I would have hear specialize on micro shields to aid her in surgery, I would also ramp her up so she can make domes, bridges, spikes, and even channel concussive force blasts via her force field powers. She has shown hints of this but its never been fully fleshed out.
    TAS was known for sometimes having a loose grasp on how powers were defined. Like AFAIK it's the first time Psylocke actually threw psi-blades. Sure it makes sense, but it wasn't something she'd done before.

Another example more salient to Cece is Carmella Unuscione. she creates an energy field around herself kinda like power armor... In TAS she could stretch it like Mr. Fantastic doing a 12-foot punch.

Incredible Member

Let Choir throw her voices, each one from one of her mouths. So can throw multiple voices at once. Also let her produce sound mimicry, from ANY sound mechanical, natural, voice, or musical.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I'd probably power down more of the high-profile Mutants than I'd power them up (like I liked the reduced power Magneto series), but I'd like to see Illyanna consistently be able to adeptly use magic. It seems to come and go.

Haven't come across a single person that likes Rahne's ability to turn into a pack of wolves.(I'm kinda indifferent on it.)
    I like when she could turn into a huge wolf that could stand upright. I love werewolves and that's my favorite take on the transformation but the proportions vary wildly depending on the artist and some come off looking goofy. Rahne's ability to do this just kinda went away.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Haven't come across a single person that likes Rahne's ability to turn into a pack of wolves.(I'm kinda indifferent on it.)
    I like when she could turn into a huge wolf that could stand upright. I love werewolves and that's my favorite take on the transformation but the proportions vary wildly depending on the artist and some come off looking goofy. Rahne's ability to do this just kinda went away.
    Tbh I like the wolf pack. I like when powers are weird like that.
    Last edited by Rift; 04-25-2024 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wasn't Cyclops situation at some point explained to be psychological in nature?
    It was psychological in Claremont's run as well as hinted in Inferno with Sinister.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Rahne's power up after the Genengineer of Genosha modified her was neat. I liked the idea of her turning into a giant horse-sized prehistoric wolf.

The multiple wolves thing seems more like a power that a kid of her and Madrox would have, or some sort of AU version, or even one of Sinister's chimera. I do like the idea of turning into a pack of six wolves or whatever, but not for Rahne herself.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I'd probably power down more of the high-profile Mutants than I'd power them up (like I liked the reduced power Magneto series), but I'd like to see Ilyanna consistently be able to adeptly use magic. It seems to come and go.
    I would like to see an AU Ilyanna that didn't learn magic from Belasco, but went all Blink with the development / expansion of her stepping disks, using them for remote viewing, for teleporting in hostile forces (like create a portal to the bottom of the ocean, so that a super-high-pressure jet of freezing cold seawater flies out at thousands of atmospheres of pressure), etc.

Magic in the MU is so squiffy and ill-defined, it's kind of annoying, since it either does something, or it doesn't, depending on the writer or needs of plot, it's not like a super-power which generally always does X.

Yeah never saw the multi-body thing for Rahne... that's really weird. I liked the thing with Tier though. She got modified to have some sort of ability similar to being a demi-god... which.. all this really did was make her stronger and tougher.

As for magic.... I like the idea of a setting where multiple forms of magic exist and how you channel it differs based on what source of magic you use.

Rust - why isn’t he recruited in destroying Sentinels?

Alchemy - why isn’t he recruited in destroying Sentinels?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Cyclops with omega beams
    And total control of his powers. He deserves it, I think that he is the only one of the original five who never got a power up or the omega classification, time to get him an upgrade so he can catch up.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Tag- Currently, he uses a form of telepathy to make folks it. I would just push his powers to psionic command inducement where he can make things happen by force of wield. He could make folks sleep, stop moving, move faster, etc. I would push his power to not only affect people but non inanimate objects and the environment as well.
    I'm more a fan of him keeping the unique nature of his telepathic attraction/repulsion than become a more generic telepath/controller.

But given how often telepaths and telekinetic mutants get conflated in Marvel mutants, having a similar attraction/repulsion limited application of telekinesis could be neat, too, causing loose objects to slide towards him, or be pushed away (and stay in his 'theme').