Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Hank McCoy (Beast) (you know its bad when only time-travel can resolve it)
    Moira MacTaggert (she's basically a moustache twirling villain now)
    Charles Xavier (this is still developing but I don't have hope)
    Mr. Sinister (the current Gillen version of Sinister is more annoying than anything else and he's overexposed, the character was much more interesting when he was operating in the shadows)

Beast with no doubt. I always consider what Bendis did to Wanda character assasination, but Percy has gone levels beyond that.

Moira too after Hickman left. It was obvious that they had no idea of what to do with her post Hickman.

Xavier too, but let's be honest that guy had been for decades falling in a spiral of mess.

Colossus and Sage, both also victims of Percy, although both of them had more chances of recovering quickly.

BANNED

Beast and Xavier. Both had shown crappy behavior prior, but Beast's was nowhere near as extreme as it became during Krakoa and Xavier had just been on a path of redemption before Krakoa turned him into a creepy, manipulative weirdo all over again. Beast was once one of the most lovable X-Men and I hate what was done to him here.

Xavier, I think, should have flaws and moments of hypocrisy or moral failings because I think that's very true to life about great men and women and because he'd be sort of a bland saint otherwise. But they just keep doing these stories over and over for shock and its basically ruined the character and what he stands for.

A friend and I were discussing that we thought the ideal take on Xavier would be similar to the James McAvoy version in the movies. He definitely had an ego and could be manipulative. He seemed to be prone to addiction and was a bit of a womanizer. But he was a genuinely caring, compassionate and idealistic person that you could root for. You can make a character flawed without making them a full-on villain. Marvel used to be known for their flawed-but-still-heroic characters and it feels like they've lost that in the pursuit of sensationalism and cynicism.

Ultimate Member

They make Xavier look bad to make Scott and others look better by comparison, much like they did with Maddy years ago.

Laura basically peaked with her new Wolverine costume and X-Terminators.

Fantastic Member

1. Beast- he got screwed over so hard they needed to make a new one.
    2. Charles Xavier- yeah, he has had a rough couple decades, but his characterization went nuclear with the Krakoa age.
    3. Moira McTaggart- she was better off dead than being the trainwreck she has become.
    4. Cyclops- he is the leader we admire right?
    5. Banshee- yet another character that has been screwed over for years, killed off and brought back from the dead only to be made a joke off. Sometimes dead really is better.
    6. Mystique- I am glad she is back with Destiny, but I wish she had any of the spark she had in the 80s or 90s. Her role in Uncanny Spider-Man was painful.
    7. Firestar- she was a New Warrior for goodness's sake. Marvel needs to stop dumping on those characters already.
    8. Vulcan- wasn't he supposed to have a big role in things spinning out of HOX? Instead, he backslid into villainy, got locked away for months, and ended up being Apocalypse's biotch in the end.
    9. Colossus- remember when he was a smart gentle at times reluctant warrior? Marvel doesn't. The whole brainwashing story was awful and hurt every character it touched. Even Mikhail who despite everything really always did care for his brother.
    10. Academy X/Young X-Men cast- ALL OF THEM. Five years with the ability to bring mutants back from the dead and no one bothered to undo the horrific fatalities a lot of beloved characters suffered from the literal bus explosion that kicked off the awful Yost/Kyle run. And save Pixie, none of the surviving ones got any real focus.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    They make Xavier look bad to make Scott and others look better by comparison, much like they did with Maddy years ago.
    Scott has barely been there in Krakoa. If they are hurting Xavier to make Scott look good, they have completely wasted the effort.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Well in the previews Scott is the face of the X-Men again now isn't he...the X-Men have a lot of characters that need a lot of help, but sadly they don't seem interested in doing any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well in the previews Scott is the face of the X-Men again now isn't he...the X-Men have a lot of characters that need a lot of help, but sadly they don't seem interested in doing any of that.
    That's Post-Krakoa.

And that's going back to actually using Scott for something, which Krakoa did very little of. After a couple of years, we can see who benefited from the upcoming era, and who suffered from it. But I think we need a better set of criteria from benefiting at the expense of someone else other than "actually appearing" or even "central character on a team", otherwise all characters with a solo comic qualify as rising based on all characters who aren't in one. Which I think is a bridge too far.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Beast-No explanation needed.
    The Quiet Council- They will forever be considered complete idiots to me and should never be allowed to lead anything ever again.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Percy's made me hate Logan too. I was a fan of the character, not the extent that I like Cyke but he really was one of my favorites. He just turned him into creepy edgelord soi boy. Gone is the man who was trying to live by the code of Samurai. This era has its fans, had some elements I liked but overall it damaged a lot of characters and the franchise itself.
    I agree too. I hadn't read the comics from 2010-2022 until I came back, but I thought Logan was like you said: An honorable man who done some terrible things in the past but was moving past it. But in Krakoa, he seemed just like you said. He would have quickly realized something was wrong with Hank and would have had Jean or even Quire fully scan his mind. But here, he's like: "I know you're a bastard and I hate you but I don't really feel like doing anything about it until it personally affects ME".

I really need to see Logan and Hank knocking back beers together as buddies again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Beast-No explanation needed.
    The Quiet Council- They will forever be considered complete idiots to me and should never be allowed to lead anything ever again.
    YES. The mind-numbing stupidity of the council. It made me despise ALL of them. Luckily, this era is almost over and we can get to work forgetting it.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Apocalypse basically got thrown out and replaced with an entirely new character that just looks the same and has the same name.

Spectacular Member

Apocalypse sucks, he should just die and not come back. It's disgusting how they're pretending he's this great, respectable figure instead of a genocidal loser with a braindead philosophy who ruined many lives including those of many X-Men, and now they have the "heir of Apocalypse" **** too as if being his heir is meant to be a good thing and not an insult.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Being an heir of Apocalypse is like being an heir of Hitler IRL.

Beast is at the top of the list, absolutely no doubt. What they have done to the character is terrible.

Everyone got screwed one way or the other though, the whole era seems to have been one of mis-characterisation, and terrible decisions, starting with bringing known villains back to life, and getting worse and worse from there.

While the status quo shake up was nice in some ways (better than recycling the school again) exploring the Earth mutants setting up and settling in on Mars would have been the better angle than the Island AND Mars imho.