View Poll Results: Who does the Kingpin hate more?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daredevil

50 100.00%
  • Spider-man

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

He sees Peter more as a toy. Maybe he truly hates him after the beating he copped from him in ‘Back in Black’ (does he even remember it?), but DD definitely wins the hatestakes for Kingy.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    He sees Peter more as a toy. Maybe he truly hates him after the beating he copped from him in ‘Back in Black’ (does he even remember it?), but DD definitely wins the hatestakes for Kingy.
    is Back in Black even in canon due to OMD?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    is Back in Black even in canon due to OMD?
    Still happened, he just doesn't remember because he doesn't remember knowing that Spider-Man is Peter Parker. Given how he reacted when he relearned Daredevil's secret identity back in Devil's Reign . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Unquestionably, Daredevil.

What started out as a typical clash between a vigilante and mobster has become an absolute blood feud between Daredevil and the Kingpin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Unquestionably, Daredevil.

What started out as a typical clash between a vigilante and mobster has become an absolute blood feud between Daredevil and the Kingpin.
    And hell, I'm still somewhat haunted by Ed Brubaker's handling of it, that a dying Vanessa Fisk manipulated them both into a position where they'd be at each other's throats for the rest of their lives, because she thought that was what they deserved for ruining/destroying her family or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And hell, I'm still somewhat haunted by Ed Brubaker's handling of it, that a dying Vanessa Fisk manipulated them both into a position where they'd be at each other's throats for the rest of their lives, because she thought that was what they deserved for ruining/destroying her family or something like that.
    I remember that. The way Vanessa weaponized the animosity both Daredevil and the Kingpin had for one another was definitely noteworthy. The irony in having Vanessa use tactics out of the Kingpin's playbook to make her point was great storytelling on Ed Brubaker's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I remember that. The way Vanessa weaponized the animosity both Daredevil and the Kingpin had for one another was definitely noteworthy. The irony in having Vanessa use tactics out of the Kingpin's playbook to make her point was great storytelling on Ed Brubaker's part.
    Indeed, it was.

Well that would be one of those plots that I got hard to understand. Because for all Daredevil and Wilson actions, she was the one who ruined her own family. Since she was the one who shoot her son and as far as I can see in the comic she still thinks was "the right" desition. She is basically being angry for something that happened while Wilson was unconsious and Matt didn't even was involved at all. Yes of course they fight a lot but why blame Murdock when Kingping has feuds with a lot of heroes and a few villains.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Well that would be one of those plots that I got hard to understand. Because for all Daredevil and Wilson actions, she was the one who ruined her own family. Since she was the one who shoot her son and as far as I can see in the comic she still thinks was "the right" desition. She is basically being angry for something that happened while Wilson was unconsious and Matt didn't even was involved at all. Yes of course they fight a lot but why blame Murdock when Kingping has feuds with a lot of heroes and a few villains.
    Point, though she probably blamed Matt as much as Fisk because it was the most personal between them, especially given what went down in Born Again.

Point, though she probably blamed Matt as much as Fisk because it was the most personal between them, especially given what went down in Born Again.
    Well then I think that answers the wuention of Who Kingping hates more. Between them it's personal and they have a lot of history.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Well then I think that answers the wuention of Who Kingping hates more. Between them it's personal and they have a lot of history.
    Extremely personal, yeah.

Extremely personal, yeah.
    Agreed. As mentioned, Born Again solidified it...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. As mentioned, Born Again solidified it...

"Excellent work, Kingpin . . . you shouldn't have signed it."

As of this post, nobody has answered Spider-man even as a troll. Is this a record for polls on the internet?
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Astonishing Member

According to John Romita, Sr. The Kingpin was always meant to be a Daredevil antagonist. Not Spider-Man.