Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    And now the lost RB Silva. Marvel does not care about this product anymore.
    Maybe RB Silva asked to leave to avoid the quality fall we saw in Werneck's art.
    Even compromising the backgrounds Silva kept the quality of his work consistent so far.

You know, seeing Xavier with Omega Sentinel, it genuinely bothers me that the history that they had is completely ignored all so they can have this black and white AI is evil narrative all the way until the end. Xavier was the one who originally wanted to help restore Karima’s humanity in the first place but in this entire era didn’t bat an eye about what was going on with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Maybe RB Silva asked to leave to avoid the quality fall we saw in Werneck's art.
    Even compromising the backgrounds Silva kept the quality of his work consistent so far.
    Werneck is rarely consistent, though. Even his Immortal issues were full of shortcuts. I don’t think the event is the problem.
    He’s capable of tremendous work, but maybe the monthly schedule is not for him.

So glad that Brisson is not gonna write any other X-book.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Fall of the House of X #5 is going to be a knock-down-drag-out fight with Mr. Nimrod. They’ve fought with him and they haven’t done great so far. And an important thing to remember is that he’s shown from his very first appearance when he came online in Jonathan Hickman‘s X-Men, he’s not just one dude. There are more than one of Nimrod. So if you kill one, what does that even mean? It’s not going to be easy, but it should be a good issue."
    Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I don't remember this at all. In last week's FotHoX it was mentioned by Nimrod, but I can't recall ever seeing multiple Nimrod bodies. Inferno and Judgement Day only depicted one Nimrod in his appearances in those stories.

Wanna bet that panel is the only thing of significance Firestar does?

Also Betsy and helmets just don't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I don't remember this at all. In last week's FotHoX it was mentioned by Nimrod, but I can't recall ever seeing multiple Nimrod bodies. Inferno and Judgement Day only depicted one Nimrod in his appearances in those stories.
    Nimrod the Lesser was able to create duplicates in HOX/POX. Guessing this one probably can as well.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    In the issue of Hickman's X-Men where Nimrod comes online he splits into two. I don't remember much of what was explained about it at the time but it was the reason he did not develop the human persona that was installed in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wanna bet that panel is the only thing of significance Firestar does?

Also Betsy and helmets just don't fit.
    That entire Captain Britain look just doesn’t fit her and I wish they’d get rid of it and let her be her own thing, even if her most well known path is now occupied by Kwannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That entire Captain Britain look just doesn’t fit her and I wish they’d get rid of it and let her be her own thing, even if her most well known path is now occupied by Kwannon.
    I mean… your wish has been granted cause she’s not wearing Captain Britain gear in X-Force.

So I read Jordan explain that if Apocalypse had been alive during the fight that he would have been slaughtering his foes and the XMEN would have had a different problem. That the good XMEN would have had a problem with that….
    I ask myself two questions: Besides Cyclops…who would still be considered a ”good” XMEN?
    How is this different from what the XMEN have been doing from the last three months?
    The XMEN have been killing more humans than Covid.
    I hate the fact that the story has put the reader in a situation in which two of the most megalomanic villains…Apocalypse and Magneto…can actually be considered good and actually needed because of the storyline the reader has been presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well, she's got her own thing in X-Force (yet is still Captain Britain...somehow).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    So I read Jordan explain that if Apocalypse had been alive during the fight that he would have been slaughtering his foes and the XMEN would have had a different problem. That the good XMEN would have had a problem with that….
    I ask myself two questions: Besides Cyclops…who would still be considered a ”good” XMEN?
    How is this different from what the XMEN have been doing from the last three months?
    I hate the fact that the story has put the reader in a situation in which two of the most megalomanic villains…Apocalypse and Magneto…can actually be considered good and actually needed because of the storyline the reader has been presented.
    If you insist on taking all possible nuance out of a story - ie completely removing the 'they are killing active combatants who are willfully complicit in an active genocide' from your very framing of the situation - then you really shouldn't be surprised when you're left with a situation without nuance.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Yikes! How do you lose RB Silva during the most important issue of the whole miniseries?! And Luciano Vecchio? Ugh...Steven Universe "bean" mouths, cat eyes, silly proportions and animal noses...Art is way too silly for the gravitas of the Fall of X final story! They might as well had just gotten Phil Noto to draw the last issue. So disappointed.

I wonder who came out of the egg that the Five and Destiny are watching over...Rachel? Rasputin IV?
    Last edited by Galen Nycroft; 04-22-2024 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Who is in the egg?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Re: Magneto, I personally think that they should have left him dead when Logan killed him back in 1998(ish). He really went past the point of no return here, so Logan wasn't just killing in a homicidal feral rage. The thing with Magneto is that people keep going back and forth on the character and don't seem to want to make up their mind on who/what he is. Villain? Hero? Anti-hero? Even the way he is written now, it may be good quality, but how long will this version last? Hell, people didn't know in the solicits for Resurrection if he was going to be a villain again. But I personally find this one too emo, like Poccy. Different strokes for different folks.

Now for the truth storywise... he really went out with a bang in X-Men number one and probably never should have been brought back after that. Thats probably where his story should have ended.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-22-2024 at 10:49 PM.