Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Fans are acknowledging how X-Men: Next Dimension is an influence. Beau confirms that not only was he a fan of the game, but he wrote a script featuring Bastion as a sequel to the first X-Men movie.

this is a bad game but i still play the hell out of it on my modded ps3.. it has the best roster in any X-MEN fighting game
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    I mean....I don't read the comics too much about this kinda thing but surely telepaths aren't always reading other peoples' minds? That just sounds unhealthy. And with their friends' minds, it would just be invasive and wrong as hell. Surely Jean trusts Rogue at this point enough to not always be mind probing her to see what she'll do next.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't think Jean constantly scans the thoughts of everyone around her, or even her teammates necessarily. I am shocked neither she nor Kurt acted to save him, though, even if it was a surprise.
    It's not that she's always probing people's minds. In fact, usually telepaths like Jean and Xavier can actively block off people's thoughts to ensure their privacy. However, strong thoughts or impassioned feelings usually get sensed and Rogue's intent was so clear in that moment that it seems hard to believe it didn't jump out at Jean. Even if Jean hadn't sensed what Rogue was about to do, as pointed out, she could have stopped it with telekinesis.

In Kurt's case, I think it was both shock and disbelief that Rogue would do this. He wasn't prepared because he would never have guessed she'd do something like this especially after the tender moment they shared previously. Kurt is primed to see the good in people especially in his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Demayo also considers Bastion a "fan favorite", so... who knows.
    I don't know why this is such a shock. He was probably the most significant new villain introduced in the 90s. Was the big bad of one of the X-Men's most popular video games (which has been confirmed to have been an inspiration for this storyline). Have X-Men fans just become so used to the mediocrity of the 21st century that they can't imagine anything before that resonating still? It's like when I go on Reddit and see new X-Men readers claim they can't get into Claremont's writing because stories like The Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past are too "old-fashioned," and they only like the new stories.

Beau confirms that Maddie's vision of a child drawing the X-Mansion is Nathan. Looks like we'll see some of his childhood in the future.
    https://twitter.com/autismsupsoc/sta...52921659224096

OZT was a great crossover back in the day, nanobot Sentinels are super-scary. Bastion can be interesting, but it all depends on the execution. The OG OZT was awesome, the Xavier protocols gave Bastion the perfect opening attack and he easily took down the X-men. The whole government had turned against them, and they had to escape DUMBs and sneak around.

The only thing that sucked was the ending though. Shield just swoops in and saves them. Super anticlimactic. If Beau can preserve the best parts but make a better ending, it's a solid story and excellent progression to the Sentinels in the OG season 1.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-25-2024 at 11:37 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Beau confirms that Maddie's vision of a child drawing the X-Mansion is Nathan. Looks like we'll see some of his childhood in the future.
    That will be cool if it happens.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Isn't DeMayo confirming that kid is Bastion here?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    OZT was a great crossover back in the day, nanobot Sentinels are super-scary. Bastion can be interesting, but it all depends on the execution. The OG OZT was awesome, the Xavier protocols gave Bastion the perfect opening attack and he easily took down the X-men. The whole government had turned against them, and they had to escape DUMBs and sneak around.

The only thing that sucked was the ending though. Shield just swoops in and saves them. Super anticlimactic. If Beau can preserve the best parts but make a better ending, it's a solid story and excellent progression to the Sentinels in the OG season 1.
    This show isn’t set up to do the story justice. We are jumping straight into it next week and they haven’t properly planted the seeds. It’s going to be quite a deviation from the books and not as faithful as the Claremont adapted plots were in TAD

I mean....I don't read the comics too much about this kinda thing but surely telepaths aren't always reading other peoples' minds? That just sounds unhealthy. And with their friends' minds, it would just be invasive and wrong as hell. Surely Jean trusts Rogue at this point enough to not always be mind probing her to see what she'll do next.
    That’s not really how telepathy works. It’s a power that can’t be turned off. It’s merely a power they ignore for the sake of their own sanity. That’s why you see them randomly catching thoughts in the comics at times.

The best way I think of it is a cafeteria full of people talking at the same time. You try to segment the voices to background and try to focus on the people you are talking to if you are with someone. If not, you try to block out everyone completely.

Thus, someone thinking loudly in their brain or having intense feelings to a telepath would be the equivalent of taking out a pair of loud speakers or a megaphone. Very difficult to ignore, no matter how much you want to ignore.

Now, consider that Trask is a suicidal, genocidal maniac feeling intense guilt over the consequences of his actions, yet still describes normal humans as separate from mutants. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Isn't DeMayo confirming that kid is Bastion here?
    Oh you're right, I interpreted it as being Nathan but the hint seems like it could be Bastion or someone who isn't Nathan. Could it be the child version of Stryfe if he exists here?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    That’s not really how telepathy works. It’s a power that can’t be turned off. It’s merely a power they ignore for the sake of their own sanity. That’s why you see them randomly catching thoughts in the comics at times.

The best way I think of it is a cafeteria full of people talking at the same time. You try to segment the voices to background and try to focus on the people you are talking to if you are with someone. If not, you try to block out everyone completely.

Thus, someone thinking loudly in their brain or having intense feelings to a telepath would be the equivalent of taking out a pair of loud speakers or a megaphone. Very difficult to ignore, no matter how much you want to ignore.

Now, consider that Trask is a suicidal, genocidal maniac feeling intense guilt over the consequences of his actions, yet still describes normal humans as separate from mutants. Make sense?
    Are you saying Jean was too busy listening to Trask's thoughts and not Rogue's? The question is why nobody tried to save Trask when we know Kurt and Morph both could have and wanted to, and if Jean also wanted him dead. (which there's zero evidence of. Unlike Scott and Beast, she has shown no "I'm done with this" towards humans)
    Last edited by NK1988; 04-25-2024 at 12:30 PM.

I don't know why this is such a shock. He was probably the most significant new villain introduced in the 90s. Was the big bad of one of the X-Men's most popular video games (which has been confirmed to have been an inspiration for this storyline). Have X-Men fans just become so used to the mediocrity of the 21st century that they can't imagine anything before that resonating still? It's like when I go on Reddit and see new X-Men readers claim they can't get into Claremont's writing because stories like The Dark Phoenix Saga and Days of Future Past are too "old-fashioned," and they only like the new stories.
    I'm not going to deny that he's probably a fan favorite, or at least was at some point. But Bastion hasn't been in the mainstream consciousness for in decades, peaked in relevance almost 30 years ago and he's been comparatively underused ever since. That video game might have been popular by X-Men fans, but it's not exactly a cultural milestone. I can't blame people for not seeing him as a fan favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'm not going to deny that he's probably a fan favorite, or at least was at some point. But Bastion hasn't been in the mainstream consciousness for in decades, peaked in relevance almost 30 years ago and he's been comparatively underused ever since. That video game might have been popular by X-Men fans, but it's not exactly a cultural milestone. I can't blame people for not seeing him as a fan favorite.
    Granted it was a little over a decade ago, but he was the main villian in Second Coming and that was very well received. I think he was most recently used as one of the main villains of Bunn’s run with Mothervine right before this era

Are you saying Jean was too busy listening to Trask's thoughts and not Rogue's? The question is why nobody tried to save Trask when we know Kurt and Morph both could have and wanted to, and if Jean also wanted him dead. (which there's zero evidence of. Unlike Scott and Beast, she has shown no "I'm done with this" towards humans)
    I would recommend rereading what I said, because that is not what I was alluding to.

TL;DR Jean closed the door to her mind, but the walls are thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    , peaked in relevance almost 30 years ago
    AHHHHHH! No! I probably was a baby when he had relevance, yet I’m starting to feel old now from this!!!