Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

JEAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was another great episode.

Morph is essentially pretty Omega with this upgrade right? If he can turn into any mutant and take on their powers....it kind of begs the question why they dont have him doing more.
    No he's not. He can only take on physical powers and they arent particularly strong
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-24-2024 at 06:21 AM.

Oh dear, seeing as it’s Bastion who’s the big bad, should I be worried about Nightcrawler making it to season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    maybe he will have a bigger role in season 2 i think its time they do x-23 for example
    Yeah, I’d actually love that. Bring in X-23 after sending Logan packing from the team. Let him spin off into a solo series following him with the bone claws and a weakened healing factor, as one by one his rogues gallery comes for him. End the season with him becoming Apocalypse’s horseman of death, repowered and adamantium-ized again, and tie that back into X-men ‘97 Season 2 or something.

Could even imply that Apocalypse was behind the original Weapon X program in this, and introduce Weapon Plus. Boom.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

JEAN!
    yeah that was an amazing to see didnt know she could move that fast
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Jean is still fainting again after being useful. I want OP jean not faints a lot to keep the tension up during a fight
    Couldn't she have saved Trask
    Couldn't nightcrawler have as well

I guess they all wanted him to die besides Morph I guess

Morph is essentially pretty Omega with this upgrade right? If he can turn into any mutant and take on their powers....it kind of begs the question why they dont have him doing more.
    It's not really an upgrade since even in the original animated series, Morph was able to shapeshift into and copy the abilities of beings who have physical based powers like Angel and Sasquatch. I suppose it makes sense that Morph could copy Quicksilver's speed since his speed comes from his mutant physiology (as opposed to someone like the Flash, who gets his speed from the Speed Force). Morph wouldn't be able to copy the energy based powers of people like Jean, Cyclops, or Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

JEAN!
    These moments made me extremely happy. No TAS fainting or crying out in exhaustion. She took a second to catch her breath after hurling a huge section of a skyscraper into the ocean (probably her biggest non-Phoenix animated TK feat) and then was quickly on her feet. I also loved the synergy with her and Scott as they both leap out of the building. Scott trusted her to catch him and safely lower him to the ground while she simultaneously caught the debris and the building.
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 04-24-2024 at 06:40 AM.

Honestly speaking, this episode was a bit of disappointment for me... and not just because of the lack of Wolverine doing anything(again). So umm, where was Storm? You mean to tell me she sees news of the attack on Genosha and couldn't be bothered to hightail it back home for Gambit's funeral or even help out with the relief efforts? The X-Men visit Madripoor and Logan makes no mention of it being his old stomping grounds? Cable returned... for a second, but where was Bishop and when the hell is he coming back? Guess I just expected more from this episode before the big 3 part finale. Say what you will about the original series, but they handled the "ensemble cast"(and pacing) thing better than this show has so far if we're comparing the 1st seasons. Oh, and I'm done with this Cyclops grieving over Maddy stuff. Let her walk away(didn't even see her out) the first time because the real Jean shows up. Distance himself from real Jean because he so in love with Maddy...

Anyway, I'm still liking the show, but at this point the animation is probably the biggest reason for that.

I kind of like that its not Wolverine featuring the X-Men. He should get his onw solo cartoon. But also I agree he really hasnt done much.

Its definitely soap opera if that is Joseph but that negates Mageto's true time at the mansion so IDK if I like that yet.

Jean came in clutch.

And I'm glad we caught up with Emma but I hope we get a Polaris moment too.

And I was curious about Morph since the Psylocke/Colossus scene but it does seem like he can use powers as well which seems new.

Slower episode but definitely moved the story along.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    These are more like a poster boy episodes for him rather than supporting role. He didn't even have a single action sequence since episode 1. This definitely hurts due to such useless exposure
    It'll be made up by the movie

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I kind of like that its not Wolverine featuring the X-Men. He should get his onw solo cartoon. But also I agree he really hasnt done much.
    He will get his moment. It's breath of fresh air though. If you got back to the Original show Wolverine took up so much air time the last 2 seasons that it was easy to forget that other members were on the team.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

It'll be made up by the movie
    Whatever way the movies use Hugh Jackman should have zero influence on how Wolverine is used in this show because they're a whole separate thing. This is a continuation of the original animated series where Logan played a significant part, but everybody got time in that show. Here he has less dialogue than Trish Tilby so far. I feel like somebody made a conscience effort to give him so little to do.

Incredible Member

Never thought I'd see the day when the song "Purple People Eater" fit a villain SOOOOOOO WELL!

People complaining about Wolverine being underused is very funny.

This was great. There's a lot going on. I'm really glad Cap sympathized with Rogue. This was a great showing for Rogue, Jean, and Nightcrawler.

Also Morph changes his mass, body density, and physiology when he morphs. Quicksilver's speed is a stretch, but it definitely makes sense.

When Rogue suction off Gyrich was there a flash of Nimrod during that sequence?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy