Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

I wonder if Rogue letting Trask fall would cause a rift within the team. Kurt and Morph were shocked/dissappointed by it while Logan was like "lol, bout time"

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    This series just really makes you fall in love with Rogue all over again. I was really surprised by some of the choices they made with her, and I wonder how how accountable she'll be held for her choices, regardless of their outcomes...

Happy for Emma's brief and somewhat corny moment. At least she got the nod.

Morph becoming the Swiss Army Knife of the team is fun, even if his social contribution has been limited...

The allegory of Sunspot coming out felt a little tired and dated...
    The Emma scene was DELICIOUS corn though. We're eating.

It's funny how Morph's biggest contribution so far is a meta one by proving the 'Go woke, go broke' ideology wrong.

Maybe the Sunspot "coming out" to his mom moment was 21 years too late after X2 but the earlier scene with him and Jubilee on Genosha, with her telling him how horrible it would be for his mom to get confused if she got a call and heard about dancing and his death, and probably feel like she's burying a stranger, hit different. ESPECIALLY since DeMayo spoke about how his depiction of the Genosha genocide was inspired by Orlando's Pulse nightclub shooting in 2016, a place where he would hang out with his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I wonder if Rogue letting Trask fall would cause a rift within the team. Kurt and Morph were shocked/dissappointed by it while Logan was like "lol, bout time"
    I think they'll give her the benefit of the doubt bc she is grieving. The last thing she needs is for them to turn on her

Amazing Member

How do we know Storm has even found out yet with regards to the timeline of Episode 7? She got a news report in Episode 6, but it didn't say it had just happened. Trish was in a studio so it definitely wasn't immediately after the events of Episode 5.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Morph specifically does ask "is this who we are now?" That could very well be implying some big choices having to be made by the X-Men going forward. About what they stand for and what their methods will be.

Of course Xavier is on his way. He might help rally them all back to the side of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Reposting a theory from somebody elsewhere who is way smarter than me:
    This is an amazing theory, especially as it may mean that Raven plays a huge role in the finale. They have been teasing Nimrod a lot though so it's possible that Bastion spoilers:
    is an amalgam of Nimrod and Graydon
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 04-24-2024 at 12:25 PM.

I think the X-men will be split in two sides one will go with Mags(if he doesn't go Xorneto or Bastioneto?) and Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by toddcam View Post
    How do we know Storm has even found out yet with regards to the timeline of Episode 7? She got a news report in Episode 6, but it didn't say it had just happened. Trish was in a studio so it definitely wasn't immediately after the events of Episode 5.
    Yeah, we don't know when Episode 6 takes place in the timeline. Bastion and Sinister are watching Lilandra's engagement announcement towards the end of Episode 7. The engagement was announced presumably a few days before Storm and Xavier found out about Genosha. So it's possible they found out after the events at Madripoor in this episode.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I think the X-men will be split in two sides one will go with Mags(if he doesn't go Xorneto or Bastioneto?) and Xavier
    so juicy.. can’t wait
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    The topic of Cyclops' radicalization comes up semi-frequently in these threads and rewatching the scene of Rogue basically killing Trask, Cyke didn't say anything. True, he didn't look happy, but it was only Kurt and Morph who really spoke up at once.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this and he would have objected had the Sentinel not attacked, but I think the old Scott would have been more aggressively outspoken, probably the first one to condemn her actions. Certainly before Morph.
    Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Let's take a look at Scott's Life right now...

- Recently lost his baby boy
    - Just lost the mother of his child
    - Just lost people close to him like family (Gambit)
    - He's trying to keep Xavier's Dream going and a massacre like this happened on his watch

Cyclops would probably be the LAST Person on earth to try and save someone like Trask.

Rightclops Rising
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-24-2024 at 12:26 PM.

Mighty Member

Genuinely happy this episode is getting a lot of negative feedback. I've been saying it for weeks this showhas sacrificed the integrity of every character for plot convenience. Comparing the writing of Rogue to Zack Snyder and the underhanded way Xbooks always write the Avengers to make fake drama between the 2 is definitely a welcome change. There's not a single character written well in this show. It's plot, anime animation stealing and nostalgia that people like. The only character people are praising is Magneto and that's because the writer said he put himself as Magneto. So the writer is the one who was writing himself as a power fantasy knocking down Gambit time after time

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Genuinely happy this episode is getting a lot of negative feedback. I've been saying it for weeks this showhas sacrificed the integrity of every character for plot convenience. Comparing the writing of Rogue to Zack Snyder and the underhanded way Xbooks always write the Avengers to make fake drama between the 2 is definitely a welcome change. There's not a single character written well in this show. It's plot, anime animation stealing and nostalgia that people like. The only character people are praising is Magneto and that's because the writer said he put himself as Magneto. So the writer is the one who was writing himself as a power fantasy knocking down Gambit time after time
    Need better bait, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Let's take a look at Scott's Life right now...

- He's trying to keep Xavier's Dream going and a massacre like this happened on his watch

Cyclops would probably be the LAST Person on earth to try and save someone like Trask.

Rightclops Rising
    Who would he actually oppose, though? Xavier himself? That certainly be interesting.

Is he gonna vaporize him in this version, too. (I think he was possessed or something in that comic story but it's a great meme)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Travel time probably plays into it.

The X-Men may have also with held that Remey was dead to the public. They may not want his death to take away from all the others on the island and/or for the team itself to seem weak at such a troubling time. If that is the case...then she doesn't know yet.
    She's an omega mutant with the ability to fly. She took the bus out of town. She isnt using public transportation to get back home now that she has her powers back

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post

Rightclops Rising
    Im actually more surprised Jean didnt try to save Trask s she along with Kurt had the powers and moral compass best equipped to do so

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    so juicy.. can’t wait
    Me too, But I also wonder if the split could be between Cyclops and Storm if Onslaught were to happen and put both Magneto and Prof X out of comission

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Genuinely happy this episode is getting a lot of negative feedback. I've been saying it for weeks this showhas sacrificed the integrity of every character for plot convenience.

it is getting backlash from avengers fans though
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.