Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    That logic doesn't really hold either when you ask yourself why Jubilee and Da Costa are there.
    Gambit was the VERY FIRST X-MAN Jubilee met in the first episode, never mind the entire OG series, including the introduction of Genosha. She has essentially lived with him for her teenage years.

Da Costa has been a houseguest for sometime... and her BF. He might not have been close to Gambit, but he was staying in the same home with Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Damn Jean. I will not tolerate such Sara Grey erasure
    "She's like the sister I never had! Unlike that disappointing sister I did have ..."

Gambit was the VERY FIRST X-MAN Jubilee met in the first episode, never mind the entire OG series, including the introduction of Genosha.
    It's a bit odd, but the first few episodes seem to build on a Gambit and Jubilee friendship instead of the Jubilee and Wolverine one we're all used to.

Loved it, as always.

I did think it was odd Nightcrawler didn't try to save Trask, but whatevs. Also, frog zaddy Amphibius was among the Genoshan refugees and I lived.

Had 2 issues with this episode.

1. No one knows Mags is alive so weird only Gambit gets a funeral. Kind of makes it obvious Mags is alive.

2. Remy is not your man Rogue. You refused to make it official, broke up with him and pranced around and made out with Mags in front of the world. He died as your friend not your man because you didnt want him to be your man.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

It's not uncommon in cases of were the body is not found to with hold the funeral until it is or at the very least until a significant amount of time has passed.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post

1. No one knows Mags is alive so weird only Gambit gets a funeral. Kind of makes it obvious Mags is alive.

2. Remy is not your man Rogue. You refused to make it official, broke up with him and pranced around and made out with Mags in front of the world. He died as your friend not your man because you didnt want him to be your man.
    My guess is that because Remy died in Rogue's arms, they had his body ready to bury. They may have been waiting to find Magneto's body before burying him.

Incredible Member

My friend doesn't think Val is Mystique because a lot of the folks we saw got literally vaporized. There would be nothing to find. Same for Maddie. So it is meaningless to say she's "missing" because there's nothing left to find or bury.

Unless Jean can sense someone's dead consciousness...,? She was kinda doing that before they found Emma but surely if she senses Madelyne's dead mind or Val's or anybody important they'd tell us.

glad that the show gets to eschew most of the limits of the old network show.

Nightcrawler was a mistake to exclude from the original show. He was severely missed. Yes, I know he appeared as a guest in the old series.

I want Iceman to come back, too.

Nice to see Captain America and General Ross. (Was that William Hurt, or a good imitation?)

Bastion as the main villain here is fine. I’m forgetting the full depths of his comics’ origin, though.

I hope that the remaining episodes are plenty violent, to go way beyond what Fox allowed decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It's not uncommon in cases of were the body is not found to with hold the funeral until it is or at the very least until a significant amount of time has passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    My guess is that because Remy died in Rogue's arms, they had his body ready to bury. They may have been waiting to find Magneto's body before burying him.
    Fair but no one seems to give a crap he is supposedly dead.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Nobody really liked Magneto when he was alive.

What makes you think only Remy got a funeral? Only his was shown. Remy and Magneto are not family, let alone like each other, so they wouldnt have had a joint service. With only 30 minutes and so much happening in this episode, there wasnt a point in wasting time on giving magneto one especially since as you said, he was alive. Maddie definitely ied and im sure Scott and Jean would have done something for her but again time is limited and that wouldnt advance the plot they are trying to tell

Up until a few weeks ago, he was one of the greatest enemy that tried to kill them multiple times. Who did you honestly expect to be grieving him? Wolverine? Cyclops? He wasnt around long enough for anyone to form a genuine bond with him and really Rogue was the only one that cared and she is going through her own emotional turmoil
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-24-2024 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    My friend doesn't think Val is Mystique because a lot of the folks we saw got literally vaporized. There would be nothing to find. Same for Maddie. So it is meaningless to say she's "missing" because there's nothing left to find or bury.

Unless Jean can sense someone's dead consciousness...,? She was kinda doing that before they found Emma but surely if she senses Madelyne's dead mind or Val's or anybody important they'd tell us.
    Val's interest in Rogue, it being explicitly mentioned that she's gone missing, it does hint to them leading up to Mystique. At the very least, Val is not dead.

It's funny, DeMayo said Theo James is voicing a fan favorite character. Does Bastion have many fans?

Opening update...actually none at all! Just re-arranging scenes pertinent to the episode. I was actually expecting them to use a scene from the episode where Logan and Cap teamed-up. They didn't even update the OP with Storm's new costume, but they might be saving that for when she rejoins the team.

Dang, opening up straight with Gambit's funeral. The feels...though I did find it kind of amusing that the picture on his grave looked like a promo shot instead of a real picture. All the same, seeing Belladona and the Thieves Guild, and Kurt's eulogy, it hit hard. I miss you already Remy.

I guess it was too much to expect Senator Kelly to help and Scott is growing more and more frustrated with how little assistance or aid Mutants are getting from humans, let alone the government. I have to wonder if it'll just get worse from here.

Rogue going on a warpath trying to find Gyrich/Trask was a phenomenal action sequence, especially watching her tear through virtually everything the government threw at her without barely a scratch. She even did a Rider Kick!

I definitely did not expect to see Thunderbolt Ross show up and being quite politically-correct when it comes to Mutants (or people from the South), though it made Rogue making him squirm more satisfying.

So I guess Jean is dropping the ponytail in honor of Maddie. Are they going to change the intro to reflect that? Honestly maybe they realized Jean just looked too good with her hair down.

Honestly seeing the remains of Genosha and the emergency response (such as it its) felt so real and sad.

Oh hey, Strong Guy! Amelia Voght! Mimic (?)! Even threw in a Quicksilver appearance thanks to Morph.

I didn't expect to see them bring up Jubilee's adoptive parents (when was the last time they were ever mentioned?), but it connected to Roberto's problem with his own family. Coming out to your parents is hard, even with good emotional support, though comparatively his parents aren't bothered by him being a Mutant which is good...until you realize they don't want an out Mutant son effecting their company's business. Which assuming Roberto will become active as Sunspot, probably means more family drama.

Trish and Beast is a cute ship but it can't seem to overcome the tragedy of Genosha or Trish's racial bias.

The moment they mentioned it was a "telepath" I knew it was going to be Emma having unlocked her diamond form like in the comics, but it made Scott's grief over Maddie's death hit even harder. I guess the good thing is it seems like maybe things are improving between him and Jean...though now Emma is around, so better watch out there! They kept her alive so obviously the show has plans for her.

Oh, so they did fit in a "Mutant Massacre" name drop, fitting considering Sinisters' involvement.

So they had Ross and Captain America voiced by their What If VA's. Is that going to be standing practice moving forward? Like the What If VA's are de-facto voices across multiple shows? Does that mean if Spider-Man shows up he's going to be voiced by Hudson Thames doing a bad Christopher Daniel Barnes impersonation?

When you keep seeing them talk about what "OZT" stands for and you're just waiting for someone to say "Operation Zero Tolerance."

Captain America, in the flesh! Voiced by Josh Keaton instead of either Lawrence Bayne or David Hayter. How did he escape being trapped with the Red Skull? We may never know! But it is cool to see Keaton get to voice a fully-fledged Cap for once without any "What If" caveat. He takes the attack on Genosha completely seriously and is trying to investigate it on his own, and he understands humanity's culpability in what happened, but because this is an X-Men show he can't do anything more but talk about "optics" and "doing things by the book" so he can't really help much. Kind of rude to throw his shield so far away, but I get why Rogue was angry. Really curious about who exactly his "team" was.

Nightcrawler comforting his sister and letting her finally grieve Gambit was a really powerful scene. Poor Rogue.

There's something to be said about Bastion's proper debut involving him smothering Gyrich to death. A "villain from '92" losing his life to a '97 villain by way of a '92 villain (Nimrod).

Even the X-Men can get the awkward elevator scene! Morph is a riot!

Oh, NOW Trask realizes things have gone too far after the Genosha massacre. I guess it really puts things into perspective when you have a basic genocide at the hands of things YOU helped create, even if it was the inevitable path for the Sentinals. And now they're getting upgraded.

Dang, Rogue just straight up dropped a dude to his death! That's hardcore! But wait, couldn't Nightcrawler have 'ported him away or Jean grabbedh him with her telekinesis? Maybe I'm not taking into account they might've been shocked or how fast Trask was falling for dramatic effect. Of course Logan was in full approval.

Of course even if it felt cathartic at the time killing Trask just activated him as a Prime Sentinel...who proceeds to solo the entire X-Men team. That's right, BOLIVAR TRASK SOLOED AN X-MEN TEAM!

(I have to imagine Sinister programmed the thing to call Scott "orphan")

Cable! Here to save the past from what I assume is a future dominated by Bastion and his Prime Sentinels! He also seemed genuinely disappointed Scott didn't realize he was his son like Maddie did. And ironically considering in the comics he views Jean as more of a mother than he does Maddie, here he seems to basically reject or is uncomfortable around Jean for not being his mother.

Bastion voiced by Theo James! He's very affable and charming for someone looking to wipe out an entire race of people. But it seems like he's also planning to reveal the X-Men lied about Xavier's death...to make it look like they carried out a cover-up to garner sympathy? And what is his plan with a very much alive Magneto? Use him as a way of inciting further war between Mutants and Humans?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What makes you think only Remy got a funeral? Only his was shown. Remy and Magneto are not family, let alone like each other, so they wouldnt have had a joint service. With only 30 minutes and so much happening in this episode, there wasnt a point in wasting time on giving magneto one especially since as you said, he was alive. Maddie definitely ied and im sure Scott and Jean would have done something for her but again time is limited and that wouldnt advance the plot they are trying to tell

Up until a few weeks ago, he was one of the greatest enemy that tried to kill them multiple times. Who did you honestly expect to be grieving him? Wolverine? Cyclops? He wasnt around long enough for anyone to form a genuine bond with him and really Rogue was the only one that cared and she is going through her own emotional turmoil
    He died saving mutants and was just about to be the head of Genosha. So I presume some people would care. Didn't say it had to be the X-men in particular.

Hell perhaps the woman who accepted being his Queen and was making out with him in front of the world should have spared hik a thought instead of pretending Remy was her man.
    Last edited by remydat; 04-24-2024 at 08:36 PM.