Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    It really feels to me like they're doing their best to isolate the X-Men from all their human allies. The reporter, President Kelly, even Sunspot's parents - every human character in the show is, if not outright bigoted and genocidal, presented as just clueless and thus useless to our suffering mutants.
    That’s very true when you stop and think about it. Even the aliens have a problem when you got Deathbird calling our galaxy a Milky Way Ghetto and having contempt for Charles.

But I do like this with us or against us tone they’re setting in this show.

As far Avengers characters go, I hope we at least get a Rogue/Carol episode in one of the future seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    As far Avengers characters go, I hope we at least get a Rogue/Carol episode in one of the future seasons.
    Same. Carol will be angry, but it'll be fun.

Why do x-men writers feel the need to write non x-men characters out of character?

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    It really feels to me like they're doing their best to isolate the X-Men from all their human allies. The reporter, President Kelly, even Sunspot's parents - every human character in the show is, if not outright bigoted and genocidal, presented as just clueless and thus useless to our suffering mutants.
    Not completely, but they are the most highlighted. It shows how lonely and isolating prejudice can be, even if not everyone is a bigot per se. Good people can make mistakes without realizing. It’s not always the bad guys and that is where it becomes the most annoying. Because you know they can be better, but they just aren’t quite seeing it yet. It’s realistic.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Why do x-men writers feel the need to write non x-men characters out of character?
    It was a fun episode, but you're right about them getting Steve's personality wrong. Captain America doesn't wait for permission to act when people need him. "My hands are tied" is something Carol Danvers would say, not him.

Shoot, they write X-men characters out of character all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It was a fun episode, but you're right about them getting Steve's personality wrong. Captain America doesn't wait for permission to act when people need him. "My hands are tied" is something Carol Danvers would say, not him.
    You know the Avengers ALWAYS flip flop when it comes to mutants. This was definitely par the course with Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Shoot, they write X-men characters out of character all the time
    Exactly.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

So, did Storm not return immediately because she's chilling with Forge or because they're both busy putting together X-force? I know she didn't ghost Remy's funeral for cavalier reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Morph is not a scientist. It wouldnt make sense for him to replace Moira on Muir Island
    Well... THIS Morph was Sinister's sidekick(agaisnt his will). You could say he learned a few things while doing that.

Is spoilers:
    Ahab
    end of spoilers the last walking spoiler from the toy-line?

I don't think Cap was exactly out of character. He was also going after Gyrich and Trask but he's doing it more cautiously thinking what his actions can cause long term. He even gave Rogue Gyrich's whereabouts. Rogue, who just went through Genosha, is understably pissed and just wants to get her hands on those responsible as soon as possible. I think the bigger issue, and frankly the only issue I had with this episode, is that if there was ever a time to just cameo non-mutant heroes it was during the rescue efforts on Genosha. The heroes wouldn't even need to speak, just show that other heroes are there to help the surivors of Genosha even if it's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment. That way Cap's words towards Rogue would sound more genuine.

In Cap's defense, illegally crossing into Mexico, breaking into a private facility and assaulting people, all while acting as a symbol for America and giving the impression that his country is involved with his actions, would be pretty cool and morally correct in this instance. But it'd also probably cause an huge incident, put him into the crosshairs of the UN AND Mexico, put mutants under more suspicion, and create a lot of chaos that could easily give their enemies the upper hand. So I think trying to temper his reaction and assemble backup - no how mediocre and uncool - sounds like the best course of action. He could have done more, just jumped in and let his heroic nature guide him. But I approve of his decisions here.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Of course, odds are that if Rogue hadn’t been going RAMPAGE, Gyrich would likely have been secured somewhere Basrion couldn’t vorpal pillow him

So did Trask set up the X-men? He had to know he was a prime sentinel and his suicide would activate his programming to kill them. Im thinking he wanted to ambush them to kill them for good but wasnt expecting Cable to show up with a way to neutralize him

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well... THIS Morph was Sinister's sidekick(agaisnt his will). You could say he learned a few things while doing that.
    Not enough to head up a whole genetics facility. That would be a reach. At best he was carrying lab vials and cleaning up glassware