Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's an omega mutant with the ability to fly. She took the bus out of town. She isnt using public transportation to get back home now that she has her powers back
    ....that still doesn't account for actual time it takes to get from one place to another. (With forge into no less) It's not like it givers her Instant Transmission or something.

Goodness...the Omega Level plot line is by far one of the biggest crutches and hampering on modern story telling.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Reposting a theory from somebody elsewhere who is way smarter than me:
    I hope this is the case because I like the idea of Bastion being an old X-Men villain, particularly one of their most hateful foes, back again. Graydon Creed was probably their most prevalent human enemy in the original show. Plus imagine Rogue learning her half-brother is responsible for Gambit's death.

She's an omega mutant with the ability to fly. She took the bus out of town. She isnt using public transportation to get back home now that she has her powers back

Im actually more surprised Jean didnt try to save Trask s she along with Kurt had the powers and moral compass best equipped to do so
    Learning Beau didn't write this episode explains why Storm isn't back yet. Her lack of presence has been very notable.

I was also expecting Jean to do something. As a telepath, she'd be able to sense Rogue's intentions and she could easily save him with tk. My interpretation is that Jean knew what Rogue was going to do and wasn't morally opposed to it. She didn't have a problem letting Stephen Lang die in UXM 100 and then she killed Prism during the Mutant Massacre as well. Even when she's not Phoenix, there's been a steel edge to her akin to Wolverine's claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Exactly. Kurt especially was bad writing
    I don't think so. I think Jean knew and didn't stop her because she tacitly approved. As for Kurt, he wouldn't have expected that from Rogue so he wasn't prepared to have to do that.

I'm hoping Storm's return will be eventful because there's no reason why she didn't fly into the funeral and ask the big questions. I loved the Nightcrawler and Rogue talk, but I would have really loved if Storm found her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes, yes… this point has been made by others. Just giving my perspective as a fan and why this cartoon so far has been good but not knocking it out of the park for me personally. Give Logan something meaningful to do, not in every episode but perhaps just once or twice throughout the course of the entire season, and it would be a 10/10. That’s about the size of it.
    I agree, I need more Logan. The X-Men isn't the X-Men without him. Each episode has focused on a specific member of the team so far, so I'm hoping one of the finale episodes spotlights him especially if Graydon Creed really is Bastion.

Beast also feels very underutilized although this last episode gave him slightly more presence. Beast, Wolverine, and Morph need the most attention. Even Jean, since Maddie took up a lot of her screentime.

At this point you might as well have Bastion stab Nightcrawler through the heart and skip Second Coming while we are at it.

I think you could make a case that Ep 6 and Ep 7 are happening concurrently.

Gambit already having a funeral kind of throws the timeline off a little because they visit Genosha afterward and it's their first time there. Realistically, they would have gone to provide aid right away and to retrieve Gambit's, um... body. So that kind of makes it weird. I think in the episode, it said the search for survivors had been going on for a week.

I'm sure when Storm arrives, it'll be with urgency after just finding out and her being hit with all that's happened.

(Also, if anyone missed it, Rogue said Trask was responsible for the death of thousands, so I guess that's what they're going with as the death toll.)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    ....that still doesn't account for actual time it takes to get from one place to another. (With forge into no less) It's not like it givers her Instant Transmission or something.

Goodness...the Omega Level plot line is by far one of the biggest crutches and hampering on modern story telling.
    Nah in think you're making an excuse for what is as of right now an unexplained plot point. You had Gambit's family there whom would have had a harder time travelling. It also doesnt make sense to me that Jean wouldnt have reached out and told Storm when she found out. They could find and reach out to Gambit's family but cant send Storm a telepathic message that Gambit, Maddie and Magneto are presumed dead? They really just left that up to her to find out on TV? The way Storm was handled in response to this plotline has not been good

Nah in think you're making an excuse for what is as of right now an unexplained plot point. You had Gambit's family there whom would have had a harder time travelling. It also doesnt make sense to me that Jean wouldnt have reached out and told Storm when she found out. They could find and reach out to Gambit's family but cant send Storm a telepathic message that Gambit, Maddie and Magneto are presumed dead? They really just left that up to her to find out on TV? The way Storm was handled in response to this plotline has not been good
    Agreed, there's no way Jean wouldn't have informed Storm of what was going on. Jean's later comment, about how she started to view Maddie as a sister after Storm left, almost makes it seem like when Storm left, the idea was that all ties between her and the X-Men were cut off.

The only thing that would narratively make sense to me is that the Adversary's presence blocked off psychic contact and prevented Jean from being able to find Storm (although if that was the case, you would think that would be a bigger deal and someone would feel the need to check up on her especially with all that's been going on).

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I like to believe Storm saw the destruction, knew she'd be coming back to a huge mess, and took Forge up on his offer to go on vacation before she returns. I mean she flew around and left Forge dying in a cave for a while before she came back to him.

Sometimes you need to say YES to YOU, and treat yourself. She deserves it, tbh.

... a family member being unable or choosing not to attend a funeral isn't a plot point. Its a daily and completely NORMAL occurrence.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

IMG_20240425_012201_184.jpg
    New ship: Morph + Logan or Morgan
    (I'm just messing around btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I like to believe Storm saw the destruction, knew she'd be coming back to a huge mess, and took Forge up on his offer to go on vacation before she returns. I mean she flew around and left Forge dying in a cave for a while before she came back to him.

Sometimes you need to say YES to YOU, and treat yourself. She deserves it, tbh.
    LOL we need the bonus episode with Storm's vacation then.

I mean, reasons sure... but we don't see a whole lot of X-men at the funeral. so expecting them all to be there is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean, reasons sure... but we don't see a whole lot of X-men at the funeral. so expecting them all to be there is a bit much.
    But nobody else had a relationship with him like Bobby, Warren, Betsy, Piotr, Alex, Forge, etc. to warrant their appearance. I think Warren is dead now anyway like Sean is.