Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Now Wolverine fans know how the other X-Men fans felt watching the movies and Wolverine and the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sounds amazing. Despite the fact that Wolverine once again does nothing. At this point I’m hoping a suped up Magneto Prime Sentinel tears his adamantium out a la Fatal Attractions, and he leaves the team like he did in the comics. Let’s just pick up with Logan in Season 2 when maybe the writers have an idea of how to use him for something other than wallpaper. Or maybe spin him off into his own cartoon even.

But obviously can’t complain too much since he’s getting a live action movie this summer. Aside from that complaint as a Wolverine fan, though, this issue sounds great. Especially can’t wait to watch the Cable scene.
    That on top of the fact that he has literally been the focal point of X-Men media always. I think he can stand to take a back seat for once. I’m sure Morph appreciates it, lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    idc rogue was right.. never thought id agree with wolverine
    We support women’s wrongs in the X-Men’s household. Tear apart that Hulk level facility Rogue! Use Captain Marvel’s powers the way they are supposed to be!

Just wanted to toss out there that I mentioned Morph's powers here

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...oilers)/page25

in comparison to his Exiles counterpart. It be awesome to have more people discussing and showing appreciation of the character in that thread.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-24-2024 at 07:30 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Jean is still fainting again after being useful. I want OP jean not faints a lot to keep the tension up during a fight
    Couldn't she have saved Trask
    Couldn't nightcrawler have as well

I guess they all wanted him to die besides Morph I guess
    Lol, it is still an upset from tripping over cords to throwing entire tops of buildings. Maybe people will finally think, “Huh, maybe Jean isn’t boring”. Unless they just not like op characters, which is valid.

My one sin for this episode is how quickly Emma's diamond form moment was glossed over. Like, checking off a to-do list. It is Beau De Mayo though. *shrugs*

This series just really makes you fall in love with Rogue all over again. I was really surprised by some of the choices they made with her, and I wonder how how accountable she'll be held for her choices, regardless of their outcomes...

Happy for Emma's brief and somewhat corny moment. At least she got the nod.

Morph becoming the Swiss Army Knife of the team is fun, even if his social contribution has been limited...

The allegory of Sunspot coming out felt a little tired and dated...
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

I think Gambit would have approved of all the corny gambling references in his eulogy. Not the “modest” part though. Did they bury him in his crop top, as he would have wanted? I really enjoyed seeing his ‘bayou-criminal’ fam-damnly there at the funeral.

Rogue: “Daddy always said breaking into prison is easier than breaking out.” Is this a common southern saying? Why was your dad breaking into prison? There are so many fun southern colloquialisms to use, we don’t need to make up new ones. This saying is more useless than a soup sandwich.

Sinister and Bastion team-up gives me Orchis vibes. Sinister wants something from Bastion, but I believe he’s got a double-cross up his cape. Inoculating baby Cable with a virus maybe to prepare him for facing off against OZT?

Bastion literally grooming Magneto in his basement is very “it rubs the lotion on its skin.” Creepy AF. Man, this show continues to use music as an audio cue to great effect.

Loved it, left with chills.

Can’t wait to find out what Val is up to!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    That on top of the fact that he has literally been the focal point of X-Men media always. I think he can stand to take a back seat for once. I’m sure Morph appreciates it, lmao!
    Yes, yes… this point has been made by others. Just giving my perspective as a fan and why this cartoon so far has been good but not knocking it out of the park for me personally. Give Logan something meaningful to do, not in every episode but perhaps just once or twice throughout the course of the entire season, and it would be a 10/10. That’s about the size of it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Now Wolverine fans know how the other X-Men fans felt watching the movies and Wolverine and the X-Men
    Nah, Wolverine gonna have his moment(already seen evidence). Just didn't expect it be in the 3 part finale... so I'm expecting the Wolverine hate-train to roll around again once it happens. I don't mind Logan taking a back seat, but the thing is... so far he has literally done nothing. Bastion just appeared and already has spoken more dialogue than Logan lol. It's not just Wolverine being underused, but others as well. I like this show, but part of the appeal(for me atleast) was them bringing back the old cast. Apart from Rogue, Wolverine, Beast, and Storm(who is also underused so far) have very little dialogue. Characters like Trish Tilby and Morph should not have more lines to speak than these 3.

I really liked this episode. I was hoping for a little more of Cable and his future but I loved that it set up all the pieces in place for the war to follow.

I specially loved Rogue’s grieving process and Kurt’s role in it. He’s such a great character. Also loved Jean’s feats. And her dynamic with Scott.

Emma! So happy she made it and now in her diamond form.

Only downer for me is the absence of Storm. I hope she comes back to the team early in next week’s episode.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Rogue is almost taking on a less intense version of Polaris's Genosha storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Nah, Wolverine gonna have his moment(already seen evidence). Just didn't expect it be in the 3 part finale... so I'm expecting the Wolverine hate-train to roll around again once it happens. I don't mind Logan taking a back seat, but the thing is... so far he has literally done nothing. Bastion just appeared and already has spoken more dialogue than Logan lol. It's not just Wolverine being underused, but others as well. I like this show, but part of the appeal(for me atleast) was them bringing back the old cast. Apart from Rogue, Wolverine, Beast, and Storm(who is also underused so far) have very little dialogue. Characters like Trish Tilby and Morph should not have more lines to speak than these 3.
    Morph adds nothing to this series IMO. He’s not funny, or particularly useful. Just taking up space. Should’ve left him dead IMO. He was more impactful as a martyr. But he’s a useful cameo machine I suppose. That’s about it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    My one sin for this episode is how quickly Emma's diamond form moment was glossed over. Like, checking off a to-do list. It is Beau De Mayo though. *shrugs*
    Considering that the diamond form has been used as standard part of her powerset in artwork, the movies and the last animated incarnation, including being widely known among the casual audience, it somewhat makes sense that they would not even try to make it a big deal.

In the comics it was an out of nowhere addition that did not match her original powerset and was only added because Morrison couldn't use Collosus but desired to have a character on the team who can tank bullets, hence it required and explanation and got use.

But now the character is arguably better known for the diamond form than her actual telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Morph adds nothing to this series IMO. He’s not funny, or particularly useful. Just taking up space. Should’ve left him dead IMO. He was more impactful as a martyr. But he’s a useful cameo machine I suppose. That’s about it.
    I feel like they tried to made Morph a lil' too Deadpool-lite. I don't think they should kill him, but maybe have him go back to Muir Island. With Moira dead, he can head up things there and a real X-Man can take his place to make the team feel more legit. Like maybe Archangel, Colossus, or Psylocke. Oh hell, all 3.