Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Of course, odds are that if Rogue hadn’t been going RAMPAGE, Gyrich would likely have been secured somewhere Basrion couldn’t vorpal pillow him
    Why does that matter? She already got the info she needed from him. I'm not gonna complain when some racist gets dealt a 'Leopards ate my face' moment. Even better, having Gyrich's nasty mind in her head excuses why she acted out of character and executed Trask.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So did Trask set up the X-men? He had to know he was a prime sentinel and his suicide would activate his programming to kill them. Im thinking he wanted to ambush them to kill them for good but wasnt expecting Cable to show up with a way to neutralize him
    Nah, he seemed genuinely remorseful. Plus, it was Sinister who caught him and probably infected him with the sentinel tech without his knowledge.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 04-24-2024 at 10:58 AM.

So did Trask set up the X-men? He had to know he was a prime sentinel and his suicide would activate his programming to kill them. Im thinking he wanted to ambush them to kill them for good but wasnt expecting Cable to show up with a way to neutralize him
    "I won't let him make me any more of a monster than he already has"

No, I do not think so

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Why does that matter? She already got the info she needed from him. I'm not gonna complain when some racist gets dealt a 'Leopards ate my face' moment. Even better, having Gyrich's nasty mind in her head excuses why she acted out of character and executed Trask.
    I more mean that there’s a chance that, in him seeking to silence Gyrich, that Bastion might have tipped his hand re himself earlier if he was somewhere with better security.

It’s a waste of perfectly chum-able bait.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    "I won't let him make me any more of a monster than he already has"

No, I do not think so
    One option is that the prime sentinel subroutines we’re subconsciously steering Trask’s seemingly genuine remorse/guilt/shame/injured pride
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 04-24-2024 at 11:02 AM.

Not enough to head up a whole genetics facility. That would be a reach. At best he was carrying lab vials and cleaning up glassware
    I think he was genuinely remorseful. He might have been aware he was made into a robot, but not that he would become what he is now. Maybe he wanted to die before he became a threat. Maybe he wanted to die a human.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I loved seeing Jean's scene. Diamond Emma was fun even though it was not a huge surprise. I love these New X-men scenes but sometimes wish they looked more like the 2000s version when they happen in the cartoon. (I know it's supposed to be 97, I'm just saying 2000s Emma would've been cool). I was really excited to see who would get the final knock in to Trask (secretly hoping it would be Psylocke, but I know I was just dreaming).

So, did Storm not return immediately because she's chilling with Forge or because they're both busy putting together X-force? I know she didn't ghost Remy's funeral for cavalier reasons.
    It was really weird for me too. But your idea is really nice. If she’s actually working with him to form a new backup team. Or at least some kind of plan.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Spectacular Member

Maybe it's just because I've recently watched The Gentlemen, but Theo James' Bastion just sounds unsettlingly creepy. He reminds me of Aizen from Bleach, but even creepier.

Emma's diamond form still having lipstick was sending me

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Emma's diamond form still having lipstick was sending me
    LMAO. Miss Frost was giving “massacre survivor, but make it fashion”.

Fantastic episode.

No new scenes in the intro but I did notice Nightcrawler is now included running with team.

I'm curious what the future hold of Maddie. Part of me think she could factor into Emma's influence with Scott in the future.

I was thrilled we got the survivor moment for Emma. It was powerful as her New X-Men entrance but she did get a great one liner. Look forward to seeing more from her likely next season.

TAS Rogue has been my favorite version of her and she continues to shine with two great moments this episode.

Looking forward to the final three episodes.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

What the absolute f*CK was that. No that was such a watered down version of the actual comic with Emma. What the absolute f*ck.

The scene with trask was just a 1:1 to Emma/Sublime

So, did Storm not return immediately because she's chilling with Forge or because they're both busy putting together X-force? I know she didn't ghost Remy's funeral for cavalier reasons.
    Travel time probably plays into it.

The X-Men may have also with held that Remey was dead to the public. They may not want his death to take away from all the others on the island and/or for the team itself to seem weak at such a troubling time. If that is the case...then she doesn't know yet.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    LMAO. Miss Frost was giving “massacre survivor, but make it fashion”.
    Yeah, "antes muerta que sencilla". Like they say in hispanic countries
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

The X-Men may have also with held that Remey was dead to the public. They may not want his death to take away from all the others on the island and/or for the team itself to seem weak at such a troubling time. If that is the case...then she doesn't know yet.
    I think Storm is waiting to make the most dramatic entrance possible

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

If that's true then... why is Bella Donna there? His brother, brother's wife and that other guy make sense. But... Bella Donna?

Incredible Member

The topic of Cyclops' radicalization comes up semi-frequently in these threads and rewatching the scene of Rogue basically killing Trask, Cyke didn't say anything. True, he didn't look happy, but it was only Kurt and Morph who really spoke up at once.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this and he would have objected had the Sentinel not attacked, but I think the old Scott would have been more aggressively outspoken, probably the first one to condemn her actions. Certainly before Morph.