Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Does anyone else get the idea that they’re building to AvX for next season after that Rogue and Cap conversation?

She was so petty for throwing that shield all the way to Wakanda. I really love Rogue.

Same! Literally had that scene playing in my mind after watching that.
    No. it was a cameo. I doubt the Avengers will have a strong presence in this show, especially since they dont have their own cartoon

Damn Bastion's voice is smooth as silk. Meow! I would let him shave me any time!!!

spoilers:
    Just joking.... well, kinda
    end of spoilers

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Damn Bastion's voice is smooth as silk. Meow! I would let him shave me any time!!!

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    It's not gay if he's a robot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Okay. I’ve got to watch this soon. With everyone talking about the creepiness of that scene.
    Get on it, man. Rogue punking on Thunderbolt Ross and Cap is worth the price of admission.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 04-24-2024 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    What would a Bastion and Magneto ship be called? It's already percolating in the minds of a certain type of viewer. Bastion's soft and lilting voice urging the helplessly bound Magneto to surrender and obey, the intimate lighting, the gentle way he caressed Mags while shaving him...holy crap, that was totally a classic Claremont scene but with dudes!

Mastion? Bagneto? Purple power?
    I like Magnestion/Magnetion.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Agree on Bastion's voice actor's delivery of his lines! It reminds me just a little bit of how James Spader voiced Ultron, though I know that wasn't well-received (mostly because it wasn't anything like comic book Ultron). What I remember from Bastion in the comics is, while he was posing as human, his 'voice' was that of a fairly generic self-righteous zealot. I like the wry humour and the faux affability they give him here.

Have to agree with Sin Nick that TAS did the ensemble cast better, but it's not a major issue for me. It is kind of a shame that characters like Wolvie and Morph haven't really gotten time to be fleshed out yet here.

Overall very pleased with both this and the previous episode. Loved seeing Cap turn up and talk to Rogue. There's always been something larger-than-life about him whenever he appeared in the 90s cartoons.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I hope the explanation of bastions origin makes sense. This show doesn't have the Siege perilous. So since Eogue vision had Nimrob hopefully it merged with Master Mold without magic in this version.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. it was a cameo. I doubt the Avengers will have a strong presence in this show, especially since they dont have their own cartoon
    I don’t know man… Rogue does some damage here that fucks with mutant-human relations, I think they’re planting some seeds. Also, Didn’t one of the producers say they’d be open to having some other Marvel heroes on the show? It could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    He was just soooo creepy. That song didn’t help either.

Literally gave me goosebumps lol.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

they tricked us with the fan favorite bit though.. but he sounds really cool
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I hope the explanation of bastions origin makes sense. This show doesn't have the Siege perilous. So since Eogue vision had Nimrob hopefully it merged with Master Mold without magic in this version.
    I thin we got a partial explanation in this episode. Bastion said he evolved. Im thinking the reveal will be quite simple. Nimrod got a massive upgrade from his last appearance

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

It was clever, though! Of course, a totalitarian fascist would enjoy music from the 50's, when people mostly kept to their place and social order was favored over equality. A time when guys like MLK were considered terrorists for getting people riled up. The song also doubles as a forbidding warning about sentinel tech eating you alive!

I'm fine with Wolverine taking a bit of a back seat, what I don't like is how tame he's in this. He should be way more reactive to Genosha than what we're getting. Thankfully he got to agree with Rogue's vengeance, but still, I feel like he should be more agressive.

Bastion's VA is Theo James, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It was clever, though! Of course, a totalitarian fascist would enjoy music from the 50's, when people mostly kept to their place and social order was favored over equality. A time when guys like MLK were considered terrorists for getting people riled up. The song also doubles as a forbidding warning about sentinel tech eating you alive!
    Yeeeeah man. That was an effective scene.

And after that, Genosha being blown to hell, you really can’t blame for Magnus for lashing out if he does.

Just watched and Logan got some great character moments in it. His comforting Jubilee and talking about grief being a personal war was really solid, and of course his support of Rogue as well. I’m satiated on that front.

As for the rest… simply awesome! Rogue was a badass. Glad to see Emma, and also wondering if she and Scott might not end up together at some point. Finally, you all know I’m gonna say it, but I need more Cable… stat!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

I don’t know man… Rogue does some damage here that fucks with mutant-human relations, I think they’re planting some seeds. Also, Didn’t one of the producers say they’d be open to having some other Marvel heroes on the show? It could happen.
    It really feels to me like they're doing their best to isolate the X-Men from all their human allies. The reporter, President Kelly, even Sunspot's parents - every human character in the show is, if not outright bigoted and genocidal, presented as just clueless and thus useless to our suffering mutants.