Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering that the diamond form has been used as standard part of her powerset in artwork, the movies and the last animated incarnation, including being widely known among the casual audience, it somewhat makes sense that they would not even try to make it a big deal.

In the comics it was an out of nowhere addition that did not match her original powerset and was only added because Morrison couldn't use Collosus but desired to have a character on the team who can tank bullets, hence it required and explanation and got use.

But now the character is arguably better known for the diamond form than her actual telepathy.
    Is she? I still feel Emma's TP trumps her diamond form in terms of what power people know her for

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I feel like they tried to made Morph a lil' too Deadpool-lite. I don't think they should kill him, but maybe have him go back to Muir Island. With Moira dead, he can head up things there and a real X-Man can take his place to make the team feel more legit. Like maybe Archangel, Colossus, or Psylocke. Oh hell, all 3.
    Morph is not a scientist. It wouldnt make sense for him to replace Moira on Muir Island

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    My one sin for this episode is how quickly Emma's diamond form moment was glossed over. Like, checking off a to-do list. It is Beau De Mayo though. *shrugs*
    Agreed. I feel it deserved more time and emotion from her.

Wolvie fans just want Morph out of the way, because they're totally fucking

Ha. No, he can **** who he wants. And technically Morph can look like anyone, so not sure I can judge him for taking advantage of that, if he so chooses.

I truly just find Morph a waste of space, and someone who was better as a martyr in the original series… at least until he returned.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's a bit early in the day to be using such language dont'cha think? As for Morph, he's pretty much an original character at this point. Is he the original Changeling or Exiles character? Nobody knows. I just think most X-fans would prefer a more prominent character that was actually on the team during the 90s in his place.

Now Wolverine fans know how the other X-Men fans felt watching the movies and Wolverine and the X-Men
    I am sure that Logan will have his episode and time to shine.
    I think ep 8 is Beast, ep 9 is Logan and ep 10 is Cyke.

Morph literally exists just to be a walking cameo for other more popular mutants that they don't want to utilize or try so hard to write into the show.
    I mean seriously he literally is fine for representations sake but as a character archetype he is stepping on Jubilee's role vs burning his own trail

Also come on now Wolverine fans please lets just have one adaption where Logan can be in the background and let other characters cook

This has been the best Cyclops and Jean in pretty much anything X-men wise

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Bastion literally grooming Magneto in his basement is very “it rubs the lotion on its skin.” Creepy AF. Man, this show continues to use music as an audio cue to great effect.
    Yeah that was freaking weird scene ...

I literally thought he was going to start torturing him like Mr. Blonde tortured that cop in Reservoir Dogs

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Heh. But man, Morph has been awesome so far. The voice actor kills at his line deliveries and the character itself has been a scene-stealer in most of the team up action sequences he's appeared in. Wanting Morph gone so we can get more screen time of Wolverine cutting stuff for the ten billionth time feels regressive.

Incredible Member

Reposting a theory from somebody elsewhere who is way smarter than me:
    X-Men 97 theory: I think this version of Bastion is Graydon Creed

My data points:
    -Friends of the Humanity focus in the first episode, who were toting new, Sentinel-derived tech
    -Rogue and Nightcrawler focus recently, with Mystique potentially lurking in the wings having impersonated Valerie Cooper
    -Sinister makes this Bastion seem like a known quantity from the old show, Bastion himself talks about how he's "evolved." There's been an undercurrent of jealousy to Creed's anti-mutant bigotry due to who his family is, so turning into a killer cyborg from hell would probably be really appealing to him.
    -Getting mauled by Sabretooth (Graydon's implied fate in his last appearance of the old show) would make him a prime candidate to being rebuilt into a cybernetic Sentinel.
    -The scenes with Magneto and Gyrich in this episode were some real serial killer ****. Y'know who's dad was a serial killer???
    -Let's be honest, there's only a handful of notable anti-mutant human bigots, and the guy who turned into Bastion originally was a bit of a nothingburger

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Heh. But man, Morph has been awesome so far. The voice actor kills at his line deliveries and the character itself has been a scene-stealer in most of the team up action sequences he's appeared in. Wanting Morph gone so we can get more screen time of Wolverine cutting stuff for the ten billionth time feels regressive.
    That’s not why. Morph has had enough of his own to give any to Logan. LOL.

Does anyone else get the idea that they’re building to AvX for next season after that Rogue and Cap conversation?

She was so petty for throwing that shield all the way to Wakanda. I really love Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Yeah that was freaking weird scene ...

I literally thought he was going to start torturing him like Mr. Blonde tortured that cop in Reservoir Dogs
    Same! Literally had that scene playing in my mind after watching that.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

What would a Bastion and Magneto ship be called? It's already percolating in the minds of a certain type of viewer. Bastion's soft and lilting voice urging the helplessly bound Magneto to surrender and obey, the intimate lighting, the gentle way he caressed Mags while shaving him...holy crap, that was totally a classic Claremont scene but with dudes!

Mastion? Bagneto? Purple power?

Dang the Morph hate is strong....I get it...the character does seem to be "off" from his original characterization and even though the showrunners are using his AoA/Exiles appearance he is for sure not either of those characters.

Even though the season is half way over I am holding out for hope that there is some sort of shift in his use and the dynamic on the team. Based on the original show Morph was the glue that tied the team in way of hope and positivity. His death shifted that dynamic in the group and this show could have been an opportunity where Morph was used to rebuild that in-spite of everything that is going on.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    What would a Bastion and Magneto ship be called? It's already percolating in the minds of a certain type of viewer. Bastion's soft and lilting voice urging the helplessly bound Magneto to surrender and obey, the intimate lighting, the gentle way he caressed Mags while shaving him...holy crap, that was totally a classic Claremont scene but with dudes!

Mastion? Bagneto? Purple power?
    Okay. I’ve got to watch this soon. With everyone talking about the creepiness of that scene.