Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. it was a cameo. I doubt the Avengers will have a strong presence in this show, especially since they dont have their own cartoon
    Technically they do, as in the comics Force Works, from Iron Man season 1, was a rebranded West Coast Avengers (the rebrand was directly linked to the show). Though Force Works disbanded in season 2, and we can assume Tony subsequently formed a new team, which would be the Avengers, and they rescued Captain America from the time warp he was shown to be trapped in in Spider-Man (like how they freed him from the ice in the comics). Events are a bit out of order, but there was an "Avengers" team in the 90s Marvel cartoon universe, even if they weren't called that.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    So, did Storm not return immediately because she's chilling with Forge or because they're both busy putting together X-force? I know she didn't ghost Remy's funeral for cavalier reasons.
    She didn't return because episodes 6 and 7 take place simultaneously - so she didn't have her powers back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    No new scenes in the intro but I did notice Nightcrawler is now included running with team.
    That change happened last week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I'm hoping Storm's return will be eventful because there's no reason why she didn't fly into the funeral and ask the big questions. I loved the Nightcrawler and Rogue talk, but I would have really loved if Storm found her.
    She didn't fly because she couldn't. The timeline isn't linear.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Agreed, there's no way Jean wouldn't have informed Storm of what was going on. Jean's later comment, about how she started to view Maddie as a sister after Storm left, almost makes it seem like when Storm left, the idea was that all ties between her and the X-Men were cut off.

The only thing that would narratively make sense to me is that the Adversary's presence blocked off psychic contact and prevented Jean from being able to find Storm (although if that was the case, you would think that would be a bigger deal and someone would feel the need to check up on her especially with all that's been going on).
    It's the 90s. They don't have mobile phones, and Ororo doesn't have her communicator with her. Besides which, she didn't have her powers back yet at that point. Storm did cut all ties.

But nobody else had a relationship with him like Bobby, Warren, Betsy, Piotr, Alex, Forge, etc. to warrant their appearance. I think Warren is dead now anyway like Sean is.
    You know Angel has a healing factor, right? I think it's a secondary mutation, introduced in the 2000s. In other words, he could've survived the same way Emma did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yup also I wish the end credits change as well the character selection screen never picks magento, wolverine or Rogue
    That's a homage to the original 1992 version, which cut off to the Marvel and Saban logos before it got through all nine members.

What makes you think only Remy got a funeral? Only his was shown. Remy and Magneto are not family, let alone like each other, so they wouldnt have had a joint service. With only 30 minutes and so much happening in this episode, there wasnt a point in wasting time on giving magneto one especially since as you said, he was alive. Maddie definitely ied and im sure Scott and Jean would have done something for her but again time is limited and that wouldnt advance the plot they are trying to tell
    Magneto had no funeral because he had no body... which, of course, is because he isn't dead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    (...)

How did Magneto survive?

(...)
    Considering Sinister had a hand in the creation of the tri-sentinel, maybe they are pulling a trick from the Star Trek TNG episode "Gambit" (... oh dear) and it turns out that the big green death ray had a double function where it would selectively teleport mutants into a prison instead of turning them to dust, based on some value System Sinister programmed in.

"The good ones go to the pot, the bad ones get VAPORIZED!"

So Bastion and Sinister basicly had an Odin and Freya deal going on, where they would the split the "valuable" mutants up 50/50, so they could each experiment on them and since everyone thinks they are dead, there won't be a rescue mission for them anytime soon.

So Emma is alive and in diamond form... other stuff also happened.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Astonishing Member

It occurs that, much as Genosha is the cartoon/general media X-fans first introduction (barring Logan) to mass murder of mutants without a time-travel cure all at the end; it’s also their first introduction to the bad blood between the X-Men and the rest of Marvel’s characters

Narratively it wouldnt have made sense to go from a funeral for Gambit in the US to a funeral for Magneto in Genosha. I think the reasons for why we didnt see one were covered with good responses

Well clearly Rogue loved Gambit, not Magneto despite her actions andher grief is a response to not expressing that more clearly when she the chance
    I already said the reason for no funeral was fair. I still think there should have been some reference to Mags and his supposed sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They might not have done a funeral for Magneto because they haven't found his body yet.
    Technically they won't find a lot of bodies because the sentinel was vaporizing people. Given the full on blast Mags took in front of Rogue not sure why they would think there is a body.

It is also weird that Bastion somehow got to his body before anyone else when again he was blasted right in front of Rogue. X-men would know exactly where to look for his body.

Like are they waiting to find Banshee and Marrow's body?
    Last edited by remydat; 04-25-2024 at 06:01 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with the fact that she spent the entire episode focused on mourning the person she ultimately chose. She realized--and I think, will continue to realize--just how much she loved Remy, hence her claiming him as hers. I love that the grief she feels for him is also combined with the underlying anger and guilt for how she behaved towards him, even if the way she's dealing with it all right now..isn't great.
    Oh I know why she is acting the way she is but it speaks to the issue I have with her in the first place ie how fickle she is and how often she just disregards others in pursuit of what she wants.

She was literally just making out with Mags and one of his last acts was to save her. She was so distraught over his apparent death that she flew into death and would have died if Gambit did not save her.

But now apparently no biggie Mags is gone because Remy is her man now even though she purposely resisted making him so when he was alive.

I will say she is very human in that regard in the sense of not knowing what she had until it is gone but as a Gambit fan it does really annoy me. So it is just one where I can't really sympathize with her at all over her guilt. Maybe by the time the season is over I will.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Is it possible the Magneto at the end is a clone? I mean, Sinister is right there… Arise, Joseph?

Also, Morph’s powers are a little confusing… He’s potentially a lot more powerful than other versions of the character, or even the original series. If he’s really that powerful and can imitate mutant powers like Pietro, why isn’t he doing that kind of stuff more often?

Good question. It's one thing copying Psylocke and Magik's swords or Archangel's wings. It's quite another emulating a non-physical power like Quicksilver's speed. Morph shouldn't be able to do that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jubilee has been on the team with Gambit since the inception of the show. Even if they aren't super close, they'd still be friends and her absence would be downright disrespectful. Roberto has been living at the mansion for presumably several months now. Even if he and Remy weren't friends, they're part of the same X-Family now.

The others I mentioned aren't members of the team. Only Bobby and Warren were and they left the team pretty early on and probably didn't even know Remy.
    Well, my point was that there's several possible reasons to be/not be there

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Is it possible the Magneto at the end is a clone? I mean, Sinister is right there… Arise, Joseph?

Also, Morph’s powers are a little confusing… He’s potentially a lot more powerful than other versions of the character, or even the original series. If he’s really that powerful and can imitate mutant powers like Pietro, why isn’t he doing that kind of stuff more often?
    there's probably an energy cost. Its not something he can maintain for long. He can do all that stuff but he's not particularly effective

Jubilee has been on the team with Gambit since the inception of the show. Even if they aren't super close, they'd still be friends and her absence would be downright disrespectful. Roberto has been living at the mansion for presumably several months now. Even if he and Remy weren't friends, they're part of the same X-Family now.
    It hasnt been several months. I think it was the Genosha episode (or one before) that mentioned that Scott and Jean have barely spoken in the past month. The first 3 episodes all happen within days of each other. At most there was maybe a week since the Genosha attack. I think the time progression since episode 1 has been at most a month and a half

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Technically they do, as in the comics Force Works, from Iron Man season 1, was a rebranded West Coast Avengers (the rebrand was directly linked to the show). Though Force Works disbanded in season 2, and we can assume Tony subsequently formed a new team, which would be the Avengers, and they rescued Captain America from the time warp he was shown to be trapped in in Spider-Man (like how they freed him from the ice in the comics). Events are a bit out of order, but there was an "Avengers" team in the 90s Marvel cartoon universe, even if they weren't called that.
    They dont. That was 30 years ago. When I wrote they dont have a cartoon, I meant one currently. I dont see an AvX unless they had their own cartoon to cross-promote. With such limited time and so many stories to adapt, I do think they'll stick primarily to X-Men stuff and not bring any other team in any major capacity
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-25-2024 at 07:51 AM.

I'm still really confused as to what happened between Rogue absorbing Gyrich and waking up in the street. What the hell happened and why is she not more bothered about not remembering it? Did she get nothing from his head?

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I'm still really confused as to what happened between Rogue absorbing Gyrich and waking up in the street. What the hell happened and why is she not more bothered about not remembering it? Did she get nothing from his head?
    It looked like she blacked out after she saw Nimrod in Gyrich's head but maybe she just unconsciously flew somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I already said the reason for no funeral was fair. I still think there should have been some reference to Mags and his supposed sacrifice.

It is also weird that Bastion somehow got to his body before anyone else when again he was blasted right in front of Rogue. X-men would know exactly where to look for his body.
    I agree there should have been more mention of Magneto in this episode, even if they were holding out hope he survived(which he evidently did). That said, they are all in collective shock, running around the world like crazy, and just trying to stay mission-oriented, so I kinda get it(even if it feels more like a writing oversight).

As for Bastion, he was actually at the Gala. Just before Rogue and Magneto's dance, you can see him pass the 'camera', very closely(about 20:53 in the episode). So it can be assumed that while Rogue and everyone was still completely aghast by all the events and Gambit's definite death, he could have swooped in and grabbed Magneto(we saw how effective, how quick Trask was as a trial run Prime Sentinel, I'm sure Bastion is even more powerful).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I agree there should have been more mention of Magneto in this episode, even if they were holding out hope he survived(which he evidently did). That said, they are all in collective shock, running around the world like crazy, and just trying to stay mission-oriented, so I kinda get it(even if it feels more like a writing oversight).

As for Bastion, he was actually at the Gala. Just before Rogue and Magneto's dance, you can see him pass the 'camera', very closely(about 20:53 in the episode). So it can be assumed that while Rogue and everyone was still completely aghast by all the events and Gambit's definite death, he could have swooped in and grabbed Magneto(we saw how effective, how quick Trask was as a trial run Prime Sentinel, I'm sure Bastion is even more powerful).
    Yeah I know Bastion was there. But you woukd think someome would see him. Also what happened to the rest of the Morlocks? Would he really have time to scoop Mags and all the Morlocks with him up? Just seems more like a writing oversight but no biggie in grand scheme of things.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame;6794816-
    . They can pack so much into 30 minutes, the next 3 episodes will basically be a 1.5 hour movie. If they can somehow outdo the rest of the season, it will be spectacular!
    good review i think the final episodes might be closer to 40 min
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.