Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Good lord the artwork throughout this issue is gorgeous. It tells the story and looks amazing doing just that.

No more data pages, please.
    They just disrupt and confuse the story in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Good lord the artwork throughout this issue is gorgeous. It tells the story and looks amazing doing just that.
    Enjoy it. RB isn't finishing the series.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I just had a thought - so Xavier was saying he wanted to cut a deal where the Machines build an island that the mutants will stay in after exterminating humanity.

In Moira's Sixth life where the post-humans got the closest to achieving dominion - her and Wolverine were in a mutant zoo.....so is Gillen saying that Xavier has cut this deal before in that previous life?
    Last edited by JamJams; 04-24-2024 at 03:06 PM.

I swear that the whole thing with Xavier is just so dumb. So much of this final act has been screaming to the rafters that the only way they’re going to survive this is if mutants and humans unite against Orchis and the AIs, something that has been present in various parts of the X-line and yet here they have Xavier, the person known for wanting mutant/human co-existence basically tripping at the finish line and going full “For Krakoa!” as if he missed the entire class that mutantkind can’t just be an island. Hell, it’s ironic that in his return, Magneto is doing more justice to Xavier’s dream than Xavier, even pulling off a human-mutant circuit.

But the deal with the machines is not the real plan.
    Xavier is just gaining time for the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I swear that the whole thing with Xavier is just so dumb. So much of this final act has been screaming to the rafters that the only way they’re going to survive this is if mutants and humans unite against Orchis and the AIs, something that has been present in various parts of the X-line and yet here they have Xavier, the person known for wanting mutant/human co-existence basically tripping at the finish line and going full “For Krakoa!” as if he missed the entire class that mutantkind can’t just be an island. Hell, it’s ironic that in his return, Magneto is doing more justice to Xavier’s dream than Xavier, even pulling off a human-mutant circuit.
    Tripping at the finish line is a very casual way to describe him, because Xavier had honestly been making compromises all the way through these books and even long before this era. It's not like he was a perfect, pure individual even immediately before Krakoa. Good intentions and the road to hell, as the saying goes.

He also does realize his own actions are only one part of the plan, which is an understatement.

Personally, I dislike Fall but Rise and Forever are holding up.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    No more data pages, please.
    They just disrupt and confuse the story in progress.
    Haha it’s kinda late to be complaining about that now. They’ll likely be gone in 3 months anyway

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    But the deal with the machines is not the real plan.
    Xavier is just gaining time for the Phoenix.
    There is no given reason why he needed to work with Omega Sentinel. The X-Men and their allies were striking back against Orchis. Whatever is going on with the Phoenix is not tied to the battle on Earth. There was no apparent danger to anyone in the WHR and nothing that looked like Omega Sentinel could leverage on Earth. Xavier just seemed to make the deal for the sake of doing something that at this point, if there is something more to it, is absolutely a gamble.

If Enigma really is some cosmic level threat there are more qualified people who could be working on stopping him anyway. So part of the problem is this story has not convinced me of what the actual stakes here are given that Xavier just screwed over the only conflict that was clear and present.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm really loving the sheer ambition Gillen has been displaying on both this and X-Men Forever. And, as expected, he delivered a much more nuanced and interesting Charles Xavier compared to Gerry Duggan's. The story also flows perfectly between Gillen's 2 series and I just cannot wait to see its climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm really loving the sheer ambition Gillen has been displaying on both this and X-Men Forever. And, as expected, he delivered a much more nuanced and interesting Charles Xavier compared to Gerry Duggan's. The story also flows perfectly between Gillen's 2 series and I just cannot wait to see its climax.
    Gillen and Duggan are the Morrison and Austen of the 2020s

KARIMA: Well, that was an easy one. Killing Orchis? That's something even the X-Men are doing.
    If this was a dig at Duggan, it was kind of magnificent.
    Last edited by Itchpfork; 04-24-2024 at 06:59 PM.

All-New Member

Just gfinished the issue , I may be reading to much into this but the panel where Moira looks on as Xavier says mutants need to be on the winning side makes me think that she might have a last minute chage of heart. Maybe joining orchis and the machines was her plan all along in this life ( and sparing young Moira may come into play somehow). Maybe thats their way of going back to the pro mutant version of Moira we all knew and loved

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Itchpfork View Post
    Gillen and Duggan are the Morrison and Austen of the 2020s

If this was a dig at Duggan, it was kind of magnificent.
    Duggan isn't THAT bad he doesn't deserve to be compared to Austen now Percy on the other hand.........

Quote Originally Posted by Daktoreevol View Post
    Just gfinished the issue , I may be reading to much into this but the panel where Moira looks on as Xavier says mutants need to be on the winning side makes me think that she might have a last minute chage of heart. Maybe joining orchis and the machines was her plan all along in this life ( and sparing young Moira may come into play somehow). Maybe thats their way of going back to the pro mutant version of Moira we all knew and loved
    I was wondering if maybe whatever Xavier put in her mind when she was young was being triggered in that moment.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The fact that we are losing RB Silva next issue is a real disrespect to fans.

Duggan had some good ideas but his books were too bloated and there was no sense of danger of Orchis aside from the Hellfire Gala itself.

I was happy to see Hellion make his debut(?) in the Krakoan era on the way out. lol.

KG is saving the ending to this rough landing.
    Hellion appeared at least once a year during Krakoa, actually. And he spoke a total of 10 words across three different sentences.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.